March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE

+25
JeniDwy
alliphillips
SarinasLilAddition
curls82
lisa_m
mrskizzee
EveD2009
alnaday
can'twaittobeamommy
Jillian21180
MsButterfli
obxstefany
JenniVange
GAMommy
MillerWifey
crazymommy2b
daj72705
dsdavin
o4seasmom
stair70
LGTWifey
mini*van*mama
GSDmommy
Limedrop
SequoiaAutumn
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE - Page 3 Empty Re: WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE

Post  Karen Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:56 pm

That is a great story! Thanks for taking the time to write it all out and share it with us!

Is this the first time you've labored that way vs being stuck in bed, on your back, hooked up to the monitors? I'd like to move around this time as I've always been stuck in bed. My ob won't deliver in positions other than the standard one. Sequoia's birth sounds amazing! Well done, mama!

She's a beauty!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE - Page 3 Empty Re: WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE

Post  obxstefany Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Well done! I tried the natural route and it did not work for me! I have to have pitocin to dialate and the contractions were killer when I got to about a 6-7. I tried the nubane first...and caved in when that wore off and got the spinal block, but in my opinion..it was worth it to me because I could relax and do what I needed. Kudos to you for doing it natural!!! She is beautiful and I know you will enjoy her! Congrats again!! She is beautiful!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:43 pm

YoungMomToBe1991 wrote:I am in Lowell! I don't know how close that is to Athol, though?

Rachel you live in Lowell!!!! Shocked guys we should plan a Mass get together with Sarina of course who lives near by
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:50 pm

April I so happy that you got the birthing experience that you wanted, we all know how much you wanted to go natural and you did it you, you had her how you wanted to. you must have had a great MW. Congrats again she is beautiful.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:03 pm

That's great!! You're so lucky. I was pushing for little over and hour. But then again I was in labor for 24 hours, and completely exhausted. I'm glad you had such an easy labor, April!!

Isn't the shower great??? I was having back labor, and the hot water felt SOOOOOOO good on my back. Plus I had SO in there with me for me to hold on to.
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 pm

AWWW, great story, April... I'm so glad that u went natural!!!! That's my plan, again... I'll take some tips from u about the hands and knees and pushing my butt in with contractions.

That position did help Mason come down faster, I remember.

She is sooooooo sweet!!!!!!
Welcome Sequoia, Mommy has been waiting for u!!!!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 pm

what an amazing story!!! gosh i give kudos to all u ladies who do it natural, im such a big baby i dont even want to feel one contraction if i dont have to lol, ive cried from period cramps before!! affraid
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Rachel... The shower was good... but i wish i had more room to lean over. Other then that the water felt great on my back.

I am glad you all enjoyed my very long birth story. I thought it was good to write it while it was fresh in my mind. And because it was an "easy" labor and birth for the most part, i wanted to share the experience with you all. I highly recommend laboring and delivering leaning over the bed, something or someone. I have never delivered that way and i LOVED it! It helps open up your body and pelvis for the baby to come down. My hospital has wireless monitors. So i wasnt hooked up to anything but the iv. Smile
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:14 pm

loved reading your story, April! thanks for posting it!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:43 pm

GSDmommy wrote:loved reading your story, April! thanks for posting it!
Your welcome! I didnt want to scare anyone. Because it was a very beautiful experience. It was my most favorite birth. I hope it gives others ideas and motivation to move around rather then stay in bed and take it. I know thats what helped me.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:54 pm

Our midwifery group says their delivery beds are intentionally uncomfortable because they want to encourage people to move and use the shower/tub. There's a big shower in each room, with a stool for a partner to sit in and spray the shower head. April, your story sounds like exactly how they described good birth experiences on our tour! So I'm really hoping I can copy you exactly. Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:01 am

Thats so cool Lisa! I really hope your birth experience goes the way you want. I went in with one set of ideas but was open to change. It cant be predicted on how it will really go. I wouldnt change one thing. I cant believe she is already a day old! Im watching John and Kate plus 8. I havent seen this in about a yr! We dont have lots of cable options at home. Im going home tomorrow after lunch. DH is coming with Logan and Grayson. I cant wait to see them. I really wanted to go home today. But we had gotten tons of snow so travel wouldnt have been safe for us. This hospital stinks! And she is a cranky baby. Not sure what her issues are. Hopefully it gets better when we get home.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3