March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story from Feb birth board at NBBC-must read

+13
o4seasmom
JeniDwy
GAMommy
kboogie
SarinasLilAddition
alliphillips
YoungMomToBe1991
SequoiaAutumn
mini*van*mama
Karen
dsdavin
LGTWifey
armywife1203
17 posters

Go down

Story from Feb birth board at NBBC-must read Empty Story from Feb birth board at NBBC-must read

Post  armywife1203 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 pm

armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Story from Feb birth board at NBBC-must read Empty Re: Story from Feb birth board at NBBC-must read

Post  LGTWifey Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:01 pm

OH MY GOD. That is amazing.

I would have been SO angry with my DH for not listening to me earlier when I called a few times telling him to come home. And seriously what was she waiting for...and I bet an OB would have a heart attack that she got in the tub after her water broke, that could have caused some serious infection.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Story from Feb birth board at NBBC-must read Empty Re: Story from Feb birth board at NBBC-must read

Post  dsdavin Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:42 pm

What a crazy delivery! I am glad everything went ok with the birth. I would have totally freaked and been pissed at my husband!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm

That is crazy! Thank goodness she had no complications.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:51 pm

WOW. I started crying reading that.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 am

Thats a cool story! I always wanted a home birth..not to mention a water birth! Gosh! I wish i wasnt so chicken! hehe Oh well..Its good to hear it all went well for her.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:17 am

That's awesome!
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  alliphillips Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 am

My husband would be a dead man. That is all I have to say about that.

OMG.... That is like my biggest fear.
alliphillips
alliphillips

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 am

Wow, good for her. It's amazing what we can actually handle under pressure. I'm so glad everything went well for her.
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 pm

OMG- that is a crazy story- and my worst fear. Not the home birth part- but being alone and things going so fast.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:03 pm

OMG!! What an amazing story! At least her DD was in bed asleep...can you imagine if she had been awake and in the room? It would have totally freaked the poor child out!
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 pm

That's so wild that her labor went so fast. I bet she was having those real contractions longer then she realized and that's my concern. Some days I have so many BH that I wonder if they're the real deal or not...
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't know what I would have done!!! That is an amazing story---I am so not that brave and want to see the doctor with every little thing that doesn't feel right--well kudos to her to do that by herself!!!! Can you imagine!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:12 pm

i'm sorry but that it the scariest thing i hv ever read i have to say that is my biggest fear not making it to the hospital, and dh not being around.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Amazing, yes...but scarier than shit! I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to give birth if I were on my own. You better believe I would waddle my pregnant ass next door and cry to the duplex-neighbor (who I don't know, btw)...whatever it takes, but I would never be able to do it alone!
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:25 pm

That was truly an amazing story.

Scary as f%*&!!!

I would have been soo pissed off at DH!
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Hey...something occured to me...it was mentioned that the OB would freak if you got into a tub after the water broke, because of the risk of infection...but what about when people birth in a tub? I mean, doesnt their water break? And they still let them in, right? Or do they put something into the water to make it more sterile? I plan on laboring in a tub- and I am wondering if that option will be out if my water breaks first.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Omg!!!! That is amazing, I have tears in my eyes!!!!

I can't believe that... I was just reading in "what to expect.." about if u have to deliver the baby urself, and I told Dh to read if he had to deliver!
that's crazy!!
Thanks for the link Chistine!!!!
Shocked Very Happy
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:14 pm

You can water birth in a clean tub with clean water even after your water breaks. Some hospitals (like the stupid one im going to) dont allow you to labor in the tub after your water breaks. I would assume that maybe there would be a slight risk of infection.. but if it was that bad.. there wouldnt be birthing centers and good hospitals (like the one i want to give birth at) who had birthing tubs for the point of having a baby in it. There are TONS of youtube videos of water births. I love them!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 pm

I knew you would have the answers april...I will ask my midwife about that when i go in there- in about an hour. I dont think she would like me laboring in my home tub- with my water being broken (which my husband has put all these rubber duckies around to remind him that he shouldnt pee in the tub anymore because of the baby...ugh) Why are men so gross?
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:01 pm

spoke to my midwife about the being in the bath after the water was broken..and she said if my water breaks- i could still labor at home for up to 24 hours as long as my contractions were not 5 minutes apart and I could still take baths (I didnt tell her about DH peeing in the tub) She did say if the water was broken NOT to have sex. She did say if someone were Strep B positive and their water breaks- you would want to get to the hospital right away because of the risk of infection..but they she would still let you labor in their tub- because they know it is clean. And you would need a hep lock set up for the antibiotic- because they would want to start you on that right away to make sure you got 2 bags before the baby got there. Luckily I am Strep B -, which is a huge relief!
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Im glad you came out neg.. and thansk for the info! good stuff!!!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:07 pm

My hospital will allow you to labor in the whirl pool tub until you are 9 CMs (even after water breaks).. unless you have an epidural.. Which I dont plan on asking for unless I NEED it. I'm thankful for the tub I love you
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 pm

I knew you ladies would enjoy this story, it truly amazed me when I read it. I hope to make it to the hospital before labor progresses that far but it's nice to know it can be done Surprised Hope all of us end up having the birth we desire!
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down