March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mom is coming after all! UPDATE..Kinda Long Story

+3
LGTWifey
dsdavin
SequoiaAutumn
7 posters

Go down

My mom is coming after all!  UPDATE..Kinda Long Story Empty My mom is coming after all! UPDATE..Kinda Long Story

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 am

I know for awhile you all have heard me make comments about how crappy my family is. The only person in my family who has really congratulated me is my mom. I talk to her several times a week. She lives 5hrs away in Maine. Moosehead country! Her and my step father both lost their jobs. Because they depend on tourists in their town for work, and the economy is bad, who knows when they will find work again. She was going to come and stay with me a week after Sequoia was born. But because of money issues they had to cancel those plans. I was sad but totally understood. Well she called last night and said that my younger brother is coming to Mass to stay with friends to find a job, he is 19. She is coming with him for the ride. She just needs a ride half way home. Because of Sequoia I'll make dh bring her back. She should be here today or Monday. My brother needs an inspection sticker on his car. The 3 gas stations in town ran out of stickers. The nearest Walmart is 52 miles away! lol

On another note, I called my dad the day after she was born. He smiled and said congrats. And moved on with the conversation. In the 12 days, i have heard nothing from him or my wicked step mother. I also have 2 older brothers i have heard nothing from. I have sent them all pictures and announcements through email. Oh well.. But today I got a small package from my dad and step mother with 4 cute dresses inside, a card that said Dad and Linda. She is just so friggin cold. I am thankful for the dresses but i know it didnt come from the heart. At xmas she asks the kids what they want.. never can find it.. so tells me to email her links to stores so she can just buy it off line and wrap it. She cant waist time shopping at stores for them. To me its just so not personal. Why bother!

Well anyway... My mom is coming! And I know she will LOVE to help clean my house with me!!!!

April

Last edited by SequoiaAutumn on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My mom is coming after all!  UPDATE..Kinda Long Story Empty Re: My mom is coming after all! UPDATE..Kinda Long Story

Post  dsdavin Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I am so happy that your mom is coming. You will have a great time wit her. She will fall in love with her new granddaughter the moment she sees her. It will be nice for you to have some help.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

My mom is coming after all!  UPDATE..Kinda Long Story Empty Re: My mom is coming after all! UPDATE..Kinda Long Story

Post  LGTWifey Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:04 pm

That is great that your Mom is coming. Enjoy the time with her, and let her spoil that little darlin so you can rest Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 pm

I am glad to hear that your Mom is going to make it after all. I am so thankful for mine. They have been there for us all the way. I am sorry to hear that your stepmom is that way. It is her loss and the sad part is your Dad is letting her take him down with her! What a shame! Alyssa is a month old and my husband's brother and his fiancee have yet to come take the time to see her and they live 5 minutes up the road. I did not even bother to send them an announcement. It is so sad that some people can be so thoughtless. Enjoy your Mom...let her spoil your little girl rotten!!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:11 pm

April, that is great that your mom is going to be able to come and see you!! I hope you have a very special time and that it won't be an extra burden having one more person in the house, but that she'll feel right at home and help with the kids, meals, etc.! My mom is here right now, she arrived a week ago and has be a tremendous help!! I know it's a sacrifice for her to fly all the way here, I'm so thankful that she was willing to do it! Not to mention the boys LOVE having Grandma here! Enjoy!!
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  EveD2009 Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Ah April I'm so happy for you! Mommies make all the difference. I know mine has been tremendous throughout this experience. I am very grateful for her. I hope you have a great visit with her and enjoy having her close:)
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

My mom is coming after all!  UPDATE..Kinda Long Story Empty Warning.. Pity me party

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Well ladies.. I do appreciate your positive responses. I was so happy to read them. My did come down today. She went to my brothers who lives 45 min away from me. She told me she was going to stay in MASS for 1-2 weeks. But when she arrived at my brothers, she decided to change things.

First she was there for 2 hrs when i finally called there looking for her. She didnt call me.. that doesnt botther me as much.

I told her my dh can pick her up on Tue on his way home from work, he works in the same town. She said that is perfect. Good.. okay

Well then she says my brother is going to Maine on Thurs early am for snowmobiling vacation and she is going to get a ride with him. Crying or Very sad

I offered to go get her a day early but she said.. I want to spend some time wtih Maya too. (my niece) Thats fine.. BUT!!!

HELLO! I am the one who just had a baby! I do think she needs to spend time with my brother and his family but she will be there for 3 days and only with me for a day and a half! She was supposed to be here longer.

I got off the phone with her and just cried. I asked dh why i always get the shit end of the deal? I do anything and everything for people. I am always there when someone asks for help. I am the one who will always understand when something comes up. She has no frickin job! Why does she need to rush back? I am SO MAD! I am hurt. I feel like i am always on the back burner... top shelf.. taken off when needed. Its just not fair.

A short story..

When i had Grayson she had no plans to visit. But while i was very pg, maybe 37 weeks i think, my cousin who we havent seen since she was like 7 yrs old, had a very very sick 3 yr old boy dying in the hospital. I felt bad for her, talked to her on the phone, it was akward because we havnt seen each other in 20 yrs or so. But i let her know we were praying for her son... and so on.

My mother and her brother, both in Maine, decided to make the trip to Mass to see this cousin. She made it a point to say.. "Dont expect me to visit you while im down because i will be busy with cousin" I had wondered if she meant it that way or it just came out. Again i was hurt. But i NEVER open my fricken mouth to tell people how i feel. So i just accepted it. While she was down, she went with her brother to visit his step daughter, also my cousin just from the other side of my family. They made time for her but not me. So my mom calls me and asks me if i would meet them all at my brothers house, is where she is now. So i guess if i wanted to see my mom, i need to go. So i did. It was sad because my cousin with the sick son was there and other family members. I did feel real bad for her. So i saw my mom for like 2 hrs and it was done.

What upset me.. she came down for a sick baby who she had no contact with the mother (my moms neice) in 20 yrs, but when her own daughter had a baby she didnt come down at all. She didnt meet him till he was 6 or 7 mths old. Same with Logan. I went to Maine for a surprise visit when Logan was 9 weeks because i missed her and was sad she hadnt met her grandson.

History repeats itself.

I was happy... but now.. I'd rather her just not even come over. I know that sounds hormonal but im tired of being put last.

Sorry for the long story.. I had to vent... Why dont i feel better?
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 pm

April, you don't feel better because it doesn't make any sense. It doesn't matter how many kids you have, every one is a blessing and every one is a special part of your family. Maybe you should call your mom and tell her not to bother making the visit. You'll let Sequoia choose to meet her in the future if that's what she wants.

I can't imagine not wanting to meet my own grandchildren immediately, no matter how many of them there are. Moms don't realize how hurtful they can be.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down