March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE

+25
JeniDwy
alliphillips
SarinasLilAddition
curls82
lisa_m
mrskizzee
EveD2009
alnaday
can'twaittobeamommy
Jillian21180
MsButterfli
obxstefany
JenniVange
GAMommy
MillerWifey
crazymommy2b
daj72705
dsdavin
o4seasmom
stair70
LGTWifey
mini*van*mama
GSDmommy
Limedrop
SequoiaAutumn
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE - Page 2 Empty Re: WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:01 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Welcome Princess Sequoia! queen

She's absolutely beautiful April & job well done on going natural - I'm so proud of you!

WOOHOO.. CONGRATS AGAIN..

Our first March Baby is here!!! bounce bounce bounce
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE - Page 2 Empty Re: WELCOME SEQUOIA AUTUMN! LONG BIRTH STORY AND NEW PICTURE

Post  stair70 Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:30 am

Beautiful girl Sequoia!!!! Congratulations April and family!!!
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:37 am

HEHE Thanks ladies! I forgot how hard the first night was with a newborn. She is being ultra grouchy. But i wonder if she has a belly ache cause i changed her a bit ago and she had a full black diaper. blah She is gulping away now when she latches on. Trying to use me as her paci.. i gave her a real paci... cause i wasnt having that! so far she likes it. But she certainly has attitude issues. But we all knew that! right Sarina! lol Embarassed Its not even worth trying to sleep right now... i have to keep popping that thing back in her mouth every 2 min.

Still working on my birth story...
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 am

She's beautiful, April... hooray and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  alliphillips Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:54 am

YAY! 1st March Baby! Congrats! She is soooo pretty! Very Happy
alliphillips
alliphillips

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 am

We are having the same issue with the Paci, its in and out every 2 minutes! HA.

April she is BEAUTIFUL. I rarely get to see little ones with light hair, its so precious.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:11 am

Yet another set of cheeks that MUST be squeezed!!!! She is beautiful--can you believe your princess is finally here!!?? I'm so proud of you for going natural, hope that this last birth experience was as close to what you wanted as possible...can't wait to hear the story and see more pictures!!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:13 am

Yay! I'm so glad you got the unmedicated labor you wanted! She's gorgeous April. Congrats!!!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:05 pm

YAY, our first March baby!!!!!!!!! She is adorable and I'm so proud of you April for having a natural birth. I can't wait to hear your birth story and see more pictures of precious Sequoia Autumn!
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Yay!! I am so happy for you!! She's gorgeous Smile
And she has the same recieving blankets as Naminai, haha.
Are those the ones the hospital uses??

Anyway, yay for first March baby!!
Congrats, April! And good job for going natural!!
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:24 pm

YoungMomToBe1991 wrote:Yay!! I am so happy for you!! She's gorgeous Smile
And she has the same recieving blankets as Naminai, haha.
Are those the ones the hospital uses??

Anyway, yay for first March baby!!
Congrats, April! And good job for going natural!!

OH isnt that cute! Yup thats the hosptial blanket. I just looked down at her and realized Naminai and Sequoia have the same blankets. hehe Believe me..your name came up in my head a few times just before she came out. I just kept saying ... Rachel did it.. I can do it! Thanks for the motivation and inspiration. Smile
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Congratulations April! She is beautiful! I'm glad you got to have a natural birth as you wanted.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 pm

SequoiaAutumn wrote:

OH isnt that cute! Yup thats the hosptial blanket. I just looked down at her and realized Naminai and Sequoia have the same blankets. hehe Believe me..your name came up in my head a few times just before she came out. I just kept saying ... Rachel did it.. I can do it! Thanks for the motivation and inspiration. Smile

Haha, Naminai and Sequoia: Blanket Buddies. That's cute. Well, we are both in MASS.. I wonder if all the hospitals use the same things?

And you're welcome! I didn't even know I had it in me to go natural.. I know that was my plan, but I didn't actually think I would have the strength to go through with it. But I did.. and I'm glad I am such an inspiration!
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm

YAY you have your beautifull little girl. Shes so cute and chubb...my kids just come out all skinny with lots of loose skin LOL.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:19 pm

YoungMomToBe1991 wrote:
SequoiaAutumn wrote:

Haha, Naminai and Sequoia: Blanket Buddies. That's cute. Well, we are both in MASS.. I wonder if all the hospitals use the same things?

And you're welcome! I didn't even know I had it in me to go natural.. I know that was my plan, but I didn't actually think I would have the strength to go through with it. But I did.. and I'm glad I am such an inspiration!

You live in Mass too? I didnt know that!!! Where abouts if you dont mind me asking? Small world! Now i think there is 4 of us here living in mass. Very Happy Lucky us!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:22 pm

I am in Lowell! I don't know how close that is to Athol, though?
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:23 pm

SequoiaAutumn wrote:. But she certainly has attitude issues. But we all knew that! right Sarina! lol Embarassed

We knew that was bound to happen, long ago! My Baby Elephant's the same way and you know it Razz
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:29 pm

YoungMomToBe1991 wrote:I am in Lowell! I don't know how close that is to Athol, though?

Your only 1hr or 55 miles from here!!! lol I am in Leominster right now. I am supposed to go home tomorrow.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:51 pm

ooopps post

Last edited by SequoiaAutumn on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:52 pm

My birth story.. Sequoia Autumn

We left for the hospital and arrived at 8:30am on March 1st. I was checked in hopes that they could break my water but her head was too "floaty" so we were not able to break it. So I got hooked up to pitocin at 9:30. I was 4cm. I walked around, sat on the ball and hung out with my husband and friend Mandy. I was checked again at noon. I was a bit bummed because i was a loose 4cm possibly a tight 5cm. So they increased the pit a bit more. Around 1pm I started feeling contractions. So I began to get in a pattern with them. I swayed side to side during them. I have never been out of bed during labor. So this was a first for me.

I continued to contract regularly. The m/w offered me to lean over the bed rather then the IV pole. It was a nice position. She raised the bed up real tall, put a couple pillows at the end, and had me lean over the bottom of the bed. Contractions got more intense by then. It was around 3pm at this point. My friend Lisa finally arrived. So now I had both my coaches with me and my dear husband. I leaned over the bed contracting and swaying my body side to side. My back was really sore by now. I guess thats what they would consider back labor. I began to bend my knees while leaning over the bed and swayed some more. It was nice to just role into the contractions rather then me fighting them.

Around 3:45 ish the m/w offered me to get in the shower. I was in pain and in a pattern and didnt really want to go but I told her she was in charge and knew what was best. Its so funny how I went in with one plan.. and went through the entire process within her hands. She knew exactly what I wanted. We talked about pain meds and a code word. I told her that as much as she can, talk me out of it. And boy did she! I got into the shower. We put the ball in there for me to lean and roll on. We just placed it on the little stool in the shower. I think I got out of the shower around 4:15.

After everyone dried me off, they got me into bed to check my cervix. I was a 7cm and 100% at 4:32. Because my contractions were so close and intense that wasnt the greatest news to me. But I accepted it. I imagined in my head that this would drag on for at least 1-2 more hrs. Could I really handle that without drugs. They put the head of the bed up on in incline as if I were going to sit up in bed. I went on my hands and knees with my arms drapped over the top of the bed facing the back of the wall. If that makes any sense. My contractions were on top of each other and intense. I noticed that I was crossing my legs, breathing very hard, squeezing my m/w's hand purple, and beginning to lose control. She talked me through it so well. I wanted to give up. I kept asking for a shot of demerol or nubain. But then a contraction came on and i couldnt talk so they just kept talking me through them. Hubby was really doing an awesome job rubbing my back. One time he stopped and I said.. Whoever is rubbing my back.. keep doing it! I had my 2 coaches on either side of me. I just had the best support team. They were awesome!

This was a first for me as well laboring on my hands and knees. But it felt very good rather then being on my back or side laboring. I would tuck my butt inwards during contractions. What a difference it made. Then it happened! I felt her come through my cervix. I told them she came down. That was the only warning i was giving them! I had a job to do and needed to concentrate. I reminded myself that my body will push her out. Let the contractions do their job. So I didnt push. My body did it. I let out a grunt when my body pushed. I felt her head come down more. The midwife was requesting gloves and the table. Well by then I felt the burning and her head crowned. I puffed quickly to allow me to stretch out. Even though it burned, I knew it was going to be over with quick and just let it burn. After 5-10 seconds of quick puffs, I let go and her head came out. The room got very busy at this point. No one was expecting this to happen. There was no practice pushing or warnings. I knew at that time I could give a gentle push and her body would come out. So I did with the contraction. But it was no more then a grunt and a push as if i had to take a bm and she was out! She arrived at 4:52pm. That was only 20 minutes after i was a 7cm and discouraged. Both my coaches didn't see her come out. Lisa was holding my hand and Mandy turned around to grab the camera. I felt so bad!

Instantly, the pain was gone! Poof! As the m/w suctioned her quickly, I took a deep breath and relaxed. The m/w handed the baby to me from under my legs. I was still on my hands and knees. She was still attached to her cord which i did cut myself. I took her in arms and cried. I was so overwhelmed. My first thought was is she really a girl. So i checked. And yup she is a girl! I just cried. She looks like Cheyenne, Shaiman and Grayson. She looks like a Sequoia! She weighs 7 lbs 8 oz 20" long, apgar 9 & 9 @ 4:52pm.

Sequoia 21hrs
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 pm

So amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing your story.. what a great one! Good job Mama!! I love you
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Fantastic story April! I'm so glad you got what you wanted. It's really helpful to hear an experienced mom talk about labor positions and pushing too. I wasn't sure what position I was going to try for pushing and I suppose it all depends on the labor, but do you think being on your knees felt so much better because it was back labor?

I love the new photo by the way and thank you again so much for sharing the story of your labor. As the time nears, I'm finding I'm getting a tad nervous about going drug-free (and being a FTM). It's helpful to read as much as possible from you experienced ladies!!!!! Thank you!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. What an amazing birth! Again , I am so happy for you that all went as you planned. You have a beautiful baby!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm crying after reading your story. It sounds like you had such great support and I'm so impressed you let your body tell you what to do. I'm hoping for the same type of labor and delivery. Thank you so much for sharing. Sequoia is amazing!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EveD2009 Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 pm

What a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing! I am so happy for you that you had the kind of delivery you planned on. Sounds so liberating! I cried too! I'm so proud of how you let your body do it! You and Rachel will be my inspiration if my little one ever decides to show up:)

Congrats again April. Enjoy snuggling that baby girl:) Shes so pretty! And yes she looks like her brother, if he is the one in your profile pic lol. I thought that instantly:)
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next