March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story

+14
ldw1193
o4seasmom
JeniDwy
alnaday
LGTWifey
Limedrop
Karen
SequoiaAutumn
GSDmommy
SarinasLilAddition
JenniVange
obxstefany
lisa_m
PonyDoodleButt
18 posters

Go down

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story Empty Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story

Post  PonyDoodleButt Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 am

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story 02-11-09_0313 Feb11 3:14 AM
Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story 02-11-09_0902

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story 02-13-09_1915 Uriah's First Bath

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story 02-15-09_2144 Evan(Big Brother) He's abolutely in love with his little brother. He wouldnt stop laughing when he got to hold his baby
Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story 02-18-09_1711

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story 02-18-09_1712 LOVE
This is my little Angel Uriah. I believe I owe you ladys a birth story so here goes.
On Feb 10th I was joking with DH and told him that I was tired of being pregnant so I wanted his sperm..well we DTD and almost immediately after I started to feel different...I felt like the babys head droped WAY down. It was about 4:30 PM when this started. I decided to let him go to work and take a bath thinking it was just cramping from having sex. Well around 6 my mom started timing the contractions and they were anywhere from 4 to 2 minutes apart from the time they started. They werent painfull just uncomfortable so I didnt think anything of it. She decided to call the LandD around 7 PM and they told her "second child and 4 to 2 minutes apart,get her in here now". So I called my friend not really thinking anything was going to happen and asked her to take me to the hospital. By the time we were 3 minutes away the comtractions started getting stronger. I got there and they checked me and I was only at about 3 1/2 so they decided to keep me. I called DH and told him to come to the hospital. I decided to go with an Epidural this time because I know that by the time my contractions get painfull enough its to late to get one...well my anastesiolagist was an angel because I literally felt NOTHING!
Dh decided to ask me after the epidural "since you have the epidural and your gnumb...if you fart can you feel it"? I told him I dont know but if I do Ill let you know....well around 1 or 2 AM I indeed farted and started laughing uncontrollably because I could not feel it...I looked at him and said "to answer your question no I can not feel it". I think that the laughing actually pushed Uriah down because when the DR came back in and checked me I was complete.
The nurse took a look and his head was already crowning. We got into the delivery room and I told Dh and my mom that they were going to have to help me move to the other bed because I could not feel my legs at all(I had to get extra meds because I had a block where I could feel it on the right side so I was SUPER gnumb). DH grabed my legs and mom got my shouldars and they heaved me over. Mom went to pull the sheet up and Uriah was already hanging out.
All the Dr had to do was pull him out the rest of the way. Easiest delivery ever!!!! I didnt have to push at all.
I didnt tear either. I have to say it was nice being able to get up and walk around and not have a sore vagina or body. I concider myself extremely lucky!
Sorry if there are any typos..Im to lazy to go back over what I typed
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story Empty Re: Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story

Post  lisa_m Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:12 am

Congrats, Lavonne! Uriah is adorable and it sounds like you had a pretty good labor. Welcome back! Very Happy
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story Empty Re: Uriah (Proud Mommy Picture OVERLOAD) and birth story

Post  obxstefany Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:30 am

Congrats Lavonne! He is beautiful. The epidural is the greatest thing EVER in my opinion! I got mine at about 7-8 cm and the pain at that time was awful! After that I did not feel a thing either!! It was so wonderful. Congrats again on your beautiful boy! Your DS is so cute holding him! I love the pictures!!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:06 am

Thank you..it feels good to be back and I cant describe how it feels knowing that everyone on here actually noticed I was missing and care so much. I feel like I not only geined a baby with this pregnancy but also a bunch of sisters as well!!! I love you
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:42 am

Congratulations!! He's so handsome!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 am

Congrats again & Welcome Back. I can only PRAY for a labor as easy as yours, way to go!! cheers
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:40 am

Congrats, Pony!! He's a gorgeous boy! Very Happy

I love your low-drama approach to childbirth... I would like to be as relaxed as you... we will see how that plays out for an FTM... What a Face

How many weeks/days were you, and how much did Uriah weigh?
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 am

Its people like you i wanna slap! geeze if it was only that easy for me! lol No just kidding.. Im glad you had an easy delivery. He is so tiny! No wonder why you had such an easy delivery. I never did have a farting problem in labor. Funny story.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 am

Congrats Lavonne, he is a beautiful baby! I love the pics!

That's awesome that you had such a great birth. I wish mine would go that easy, I've never had a baby just come out like that....send some of your luck my way, lol! Thanks for sharing your birth story with us and welcome back!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:21 am

love the pics!!! glad to see youre all doing good Very Happy
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 am

What a handsome little guy...so precious.

I am so happy that you had an easy time with labor and delivery...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:47 am

congrats on the birth of your son and an easy delivery
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:51 am

He's absolutely gorgeous. I hope my own labor and delivery goes have as smoothly as yours!!!! Congrats!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:52 am

What a great story!!! Glad you are back and have shared pictures of your little man--he is so handsome!! Hope you are doing well and that Uriah is behaving himself! lol

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:54 am

Glad your back!!!! His SO cute!!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Congratulations! He is gorgeous. I am so jealous of your easy labor!!
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:28 pm

You make it look so easy! Congrats, he is beautiful! Cute pictures of big/little brother.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Awww! Congrats, he is soooo cute, and lot of hair!!!

It's very nice to hear that u had sucha nice and easy L&D!!! I hope mine is as well!

I love you I love you
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Congrats...he is so handsome...love the farting story!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:53 pm

GSDmommy wrote:Congrats, Pony!! He's a gorgeous boy! Very Happy

I love your low-drama approach to childbirth... I would like to be as relaxed as you... we will see how that plays out for an FTM... What a Face

How many weeks/days were you, and how much did Uriah weigh?

According to my first ultrasound he was exactly 37 wks and 1 day...my second ultrasound put him at exactly 36.9 wks...either way about 37 wks even. He was exactly 6lbs even. Im sure that had alot to contribute on the easy delivery!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down