March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryder Enzo's birth story

Go down

Ryder Enzo's birth story Empty Ryder Enzo's birth story

Post  becky123 Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:18 pm

OK I finally am out of the house and at a computer! So here is little Ryders story:

On Wednesday March 11 I went to my Dr. appointment and I was only dialted to a 1.5, so we knew he was not coming that day. The Dr stripped my membranes and sent me on my way home to wait. I was thinking he would be late since nothing was happening. That whole day everything was fine, I went on my usual walk and we even went to Olive Garden for dinner. Then that night around 10pm it just hit me. My contractions started coming! Instead of them being 10 -15 minutes apart they started 3 minutes apart and about 45 seconds each! At first I was like, no way! I just went to my Dr these are just braxton hicks. My DH was asleep and I didnt want to wake him up if I wasnt really in labor so I waited it out. At about 11:30 I started really timing them and around 12:30 I called my doula to ask her if she thought it was real labor lol She told me I better wake up Jason cause I'm in labor! So around 1am i woke Jason up and told him to time my contractions. They stayed every three minutes on the dot, but only 45 seconds each. At first they were not very painful, just kind of uncomfortable. Well, they started getting worse and around 2:30am we called our Doula to come to our house! We wanted to stay laboring at home as long as I could so I didnt have to spend forever in the hospital.

Well this went on for a while and at 6:10am my water broke! I thought, finally I am starting to dialate more. Well right after my water broke my contractions started getting longer and WAY more painful. I stayed at home for about another hour and around 7:15am we went ot the hospital. I had a great birth plan, wanting to go natural etc etc, well when we got to the hsopital they checked me and I was only dialated to a 3!!! So I knew it was gonna be long. They were still every 3 minutes but lasting about 90 seconds this went on and on and on like this. Poor DH. I was screaming and in SO much pain. The only thing that helped was getting in the shower with the hot water. Well at around one I was in a lot of pain and I started hyperventalating. I was throwing up and I just was so worn out! The Dr came in to check me and I was only a 4. That is when I decided to get the epidural. I had been in labor so long, and i was not dialating at all. It was sad but I had to do it.

SO I had the epidural and it was WONDERFUL lol. The whole time he was giving me the meds I was having contractions and I was swearing up a storm but as soon as they hit me I was in heaven! I calmed down really quick! They started me on pitocin and I thought for sure the baby would be here soon! Well, my family came in and it was fun to watch my contractions and not feel them.... needless to say it took forever to dialate, but finally at around 9:15pm the Dr told me I was ready to push!

At 9:47 on MArch 12 after 24 hours of labor Ryder Enzo Goimarac was born! He weighed 8.1 pounds and was 20 inches long! Big boy! Luckily I didnt rip or need an epesiotomy! He is so so so so cute.

Well the next day they did his billirubin test and he had jaundice so we stayed in the hospital until Saturday night then they sent us home with the lights. It was so sad to see him in there! He had to be under the lights until Wednesday! He still has jaundice but he is in the safe zone, his poor little eyes are yellow and I cried and cried every time I had to put him in that box, but luckily he is over it and everything is going well. He eats A LOT and just gets cuter and cuter every day. He was born with red hair, but it is slowly turning blond - me and dh are both dark brown so I dont know where that came from! I will try to get on the internet more to see how everyone else is doing. NOw that he is getting better I can leave him with grandma without worrying about him so much!

Ryder
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down