March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makenzie Noelle's birth story finally!

3 posters

Go down

Makenzie Noelle's birth story finally! Empty Makenzie Noelle's birth story finally!

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm

I went into work on Monday Feb 23rd having contractions from sunday the 22nd. I called my OB/GYN and they wanted me to come in for a check. They checked me and i was dialated 3-4 cm. So the doc thought that i was in the early early part of labor and told me to go home and relax because she thought i would have the baby that night. Well by the time i got home the contractions spaced out. At 1am on tuesday Feb 24th i woke up with really painful contraction. I was timing them and they were ranging from 5-7 mins apart but i didnt think i was in true labor. Then i started to throw up and had it coming out of the other end...i could keep nothing down so i was worried about becoming dehydrated. So i told Carl (DH) lets call our friend to come stay with Rylan and lets go to the hospital. At this point its 5am and i want to shower first...haha We leave for the hospital at 5:30am. We get to labor and delivery and they hook me to the monitor and my contractions spaced out again but they give me an IV to hydrate me. Then the doc walks in and they dont like the looks of the monitor paper. With some contractions the babys heart rate would drop and even after some contractions it would. She was worried the cord was compressed. She told me she think i should go in for a c-section because she didnt know how long i would be in labor and didnt want to stress the baby. This was a hard choice because i really wanted a VBAC, but i had to think about the baby so Carl and i decided to go for the c-section. She was born 11:22am on Feb 24th via c-section. 6lbs 2 oz 18.5 inches. 38wks and 3 days! She is perfect!!!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Makenzie Noelle's birth story finally! Empty Re: Makenzie Noelle's birth story finally!

Post  kboogie Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:02 pm

OMG- Makenzie and Evie have the same birthday and a very similar birth story with the IV, dropping heart rate, and emergency c-section...there must have been something in the air that day Smile Glad you are both doing well. Its amazing how you have an idea of how you want to do the birth..and when they tell you the heart rate is dropping you very quickly throw your plans out the window for whatever is best for your baby- at least I did. I think that was the moment I became I mother.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Makenzie Noelle's birth story finally! Empty Re: Makenzie Noelle's birth story finally!

Post  alnaday Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:01 am

Ladies we have moved b/c of all the problems people have been having with viruses

please come over

http://www.freepowerboards.com/March2009MomsAndBabies/index.php
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down