March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stats for week of Feb 16th-20th. It's raining BABIES!!!!!!

+22
kboogie
becky123
MillerWifey
dominicsmamma
YoungMomToBe1991
SequoiaAutumn
alnaday
ldw1193
lisa_m
rylan&babysmommy!
JeniDwy
Nivette
Cheirogloss
Limedrop
JenniVange
dsdavin
o4seasmom
SarinasLilAddition
Jillian21180
LGTWifey
crazymommy2b
mini*van*mama
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stats for week of Feb 16th-20th. It's raining BABIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stats for week of Feb 16th-20th. It's raining BABIES!!!!!!

Post  lisa_m Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:16 pm

We all support your VBAC!!! I think that's my top worry about needing a c-section with this first delivery, because I don't want to have to argue with people next time about wanting to try a vaginal birth. Of course there are risks, but they can monitor and make sure you're just fine. There are lots of success stories, and I hope you can be one of them!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Stats for week of Feb 16th-20th. It's raining BABIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stats for week of Feb 16th-20th. It's raining BABIES!!!!!!

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 pm

We definitely do support you Danielle! And you are keeping an open mind - and will do what is needed to keep Baby M safe... You've got all of us behind you!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:13 pm

I think that you should try a Vbac. If the doctors tell you it is too risky for the baby, then a c/s is fine. We totally support your decision! After all, you are the mommy!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 pm

Week: 37
Weight Gain so far: 30ish.... I gained 2 pounds from last week.
Blood Pressure: Good
Belly measurement: 38
Dilation/Effacement: Didn't want her to check me! But WILL have to start next week.
Urine: Good
Next appt: Next Tuesday
Tests: The test on if I can stand to wait any longer to meet him!!!! GGRRR!!!!
Baby's sex: Male
Baby's name:Caleb
Other: He is NOT BREECH!!!! The dr would like to see me keep him in two more weeks, but if I can't then he is big enough to be born!!! At my Appt on March 5th, we will set up a inducement date and go from there!!!!
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Week: 38
Weight Gain so far: 29 Total Lbs. +1lb from last week but I am guessing that really means no weight gain or even 1lb loss, because usually I go in the mornings before I eat, and today I went after a delicious lunch at McDonalds. HA. Oh yeah and a yummy milkshake...taking advantage while I can.
Blood Pressure: 129/82 - A little on the high side for me, but it was a busy/stressful afternoon, she wasn't worried about it.
Belly measurement: 38.5cm
Dilation/Effacement:2cm/50% and -2 Station, which is about what I was when they induced me with Olivia.
Urine: Slight Bladder Infection Starting - I told her I suspected it, and Urine confirmed.
Next appt: No more Appointments - today was my last one.
Tests: None
Baby's sex: Female
Baby's name: Avery Emerson Turner
Other: Brad got asked back for a final interview for this job he really wants, and guess what, its Monday....in CHARLOTTE (we live in Richmond), so he has to fly to Charlotte on Monday and home Monday night, lets hope he doesn't get stuck there, or that I go into labor on Monday, because he will miss it. My OB told me I was crazy to let him go because we have to be at the hospital at 6:45am on Tuesday morning, but I told her I wasn't worried about it. My BF (who lives in Mass) is flying in on Sunday Mid-Day and will be here until Wednesday Evening, she will be with me for labor and delivery (I was with her for her first delivery), I am so excited. I haven't seen her in 16 Months...I can't believe this is my last appointment report...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Lacie - that is great news that he isn't breech...WAHOO.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Jillian21180 wrote:
SarinasLilAddition wrote:
Jillian21180 wrote:
Oh well - I'm kinda hoping for a St.Patty's baby! Very Happy

Secretly, I am also hoping for a St. Patty's baby. It's exactly one week before my due date, and Randy & I are both super Irish. I would love it..hehe.

Me too, I'm so Irish!!! my hubby is mostly Polish and English, but he has some Irish in him too... But he always makes fun of the Irish... Razz It would be perfect to have a St.Patty's baby!!!

St. patty's day is my due date Razz, but lets see when he comes
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Week: 34w3d
Weight Gain so far: 31 pounds, 3 in the last 2 weeks
Blood Pressure: 116/68
Belly measurement: 33 cm (no change from last time)
Dilation/Effacement: Didn't check
Urine: Didn't check
Next appt: 3/3
Tests: None today, but GBS next time
Baby's sex: BOY
Baby's name: Owen Robin
Other: The midwife that offered me a note to get out of work didn't run our class tonight, so I have to wait to get my note disabling me. I had really hoped that today was my last day of work. The midwife this time said to call the clinic tomorrow and they'd do it tomorrow, but that means I have to wake up at 6:00 again tomorrow. Poor me, huh? Wink
lisa_m
lisa_m

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Good luck, Lisa. You need a break before the baby comes! I hope you get that note.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Good luck Lisa, I hope they give you that note tomorrow...

So when you say "Class" does that mean you don't get a one on one "Appointment" you just have a group that goes and everyone gets checked together?
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks ladies. I hope so too!

And yes, we do a group class. We have one-on-one appointment time at the beginning where we get our vitals checked and listen to the baby and ask personal questions. And then we talk about different things that we're all going through. Today, a pediatrician came to answer questions we had, like things to look out for, newborn care tips, etc. Last time, an anesthesiologist came to tell us about options and epidurals. The time before that, we did a tour of the birth center and got to play on the bed and stuff. It's a good way to meet other people in the neighborhood that are going through the same thing, and our group is pretty good. We have this one chick that likes to ask questions to the group like, "Is it true that using sandpaper on your nipples is good prep for breastfeeding?" or "True or False: underwire bras stunt your milk production." And then she spends 20 minutes talking about these things that our midwives just roll their eyes at, and the rest of us just try to stay calm. I want to throttle her, honestly, but it's her group too I guess. Since we don't do urine tests or internal exams, it's a pretty good way of doing things. It's mainly for first timers, though, so we won't do it again next time.
lisa_m
lisa_m

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:50 am

LGTWifey wrote:Lacie - that is great news that he isn't breech...WAHOO.

I KNOW!!! I was SO happy to hear her say that his head was down there and it looked and felt that maybe he had dropped a little!!! I was hoping to have him (and still could) before the end of the month. My little sister thinks it would be cool to have him on her birthday (St. Pattys day) but that is A WEEK after my due date. By the sounds of it... my Doc won't be letting me go to far past my due date, because my last one was 9lbs and 3ozs!!! She said today that she knows that I COULD do it but doesn't want me to HAVE to!!! YAY!!!! cheers I'm glad that she believes in me, because I'm not sure that I believe in myself THAT MUCH!!!
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:23 am

Lisa, that sounds so cool, and what a great way to experience this for the first time, you can learn from all the others questions. And that is cool that they bring folks in to "teach" you about your options. We had classes like that at our hospital but we had to sign up for them, my favorite was when the Pediatrician came in to talk to us, we ended up selecting her for Olivia's Doctor, we absolutely LOVED her.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 am

Ladies...thank you so much for your words and support. Im pretty sure im going for the VBAC if M tries to come early. I know my DH thinks i should just do the c/s to but he wont fully say it. Oh well im the mommy and im going in with an open mind that i may have to have a c/s again! Again thank you...

oh and one more thing i have PUPPS...its so itchy...i told the doc that on my strecth marks i have these bumps that itch like crazy and she told me it was pupps...but when in looked at pictures it looked nothing like that...werid huh?!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Week: 36.1
Weight Gain 16lbs only 1lbs in the last 2 weeks
Blood Pressure: 132/76
Belly measurement: 35cm (happy to see growth)
Dilation/Effacement: my MW doesn’t check she said unless it is a concern she doesn’t see a reason to be so embracive, especial when dilation an change in short amount of time, and still have a while before that baby comes
Urine: -/-
Next appt: 2/25
Tests: GBS today will get results next week
Baby's sex: BOY
Baby's name: three choices: Tristen/ Ethan/ Evan
Other: we talked about what will happen if I go beyond 40 weeks. I will be induced at 42 unless; at 41 there is a problem with the baby. At 41 I’ll get a NST and another test I can’t remember what the acronym was. We also talked about birth control I think I’ll do Maraina(sp?)
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:42 pm

What is that M(word) BC that everyone is talking about? I am so out of the BC loop...I meant to ask my OB for an Rx yesterday but I forgot, I am going to ask her to write me one before I leave the hospital because I got my period before my post partum check up with Olivia. Which I have already scheduled for TAX DAY (April 15th).
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 pm

I am cancelling my apt this week. I have another apt to tend with... so ill post next time.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:34 am

LGTWifey wrote:What is that M(word) BC that everyone is talking about? I am so out of the BC loop...I meant to ask my OB for an Rx yesterday but I forgot, I am going to ask her to write me one before I leave the hospital because I got my period before my post partum check up with Olivia. Which I have already scheduled for TAX DAY (April 15th).

Mirena is an IUD that people seem to love. The idea of an IUD freaks me out, so that is not an option for me. We'll go back to the pull and pray, and live with Irish twins if that's what happens. Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:44 am

lisa_m wrote:
Mirena is an IUD that people seem to love. The idea of an IUD freaks me out, so that is not an option for me. We'll go back to the pull and pray, and live with Irish twins if that's what happens. Smile

I had an IUD... not the Mirena.. but the Paragard.. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN. Worst pain/bleeding of my life... and *Looks down at belly* it didn't work so well..lol.

We also will be using the Pull & Pray method & deal with our babies as close together as we are blessed. Surprised
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:11 am

Week: 38.2
Weight Gain so far: I am very upset with it.
Blood Pressure: I THINK it was 143/63?
Belly measurement: Dunno.
Dilation/Effacement: Nothing, yet.
Urine: A-okay.
Next appt: Feb. 23
Baby's sex: Female
Baby's name: Naminai
Other: So close to my due date!!
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  dominicsmamma Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:55 pm

I just got home from the Drs. and these are the results...

Week: ??? I will explain
Weight Gain so far: 16 lbs.
Blood Pressure: 120/80... great especially since I have been registering high the last couple of appts and hosp. visits
Belly measurement: 38 weeks, but my uterus is measuring 36 weeks 5 days (based on tests that have been done)
Dilation/Effacement: nothing... this won't change for me because of my medical problems
Urine: wonderful
Next appt: I have 4 a week now starting next Monday... 2 NST's weekly, 1 ultrasound weekly, 1 ob visit weekly... OH YEAH
Tests: I just answered this above
Baby's sex: ALL GIRL!!!
Baby's name: Makenzie Leann
Other: Ok, so the doc told me today that my little girl is measuring small so because of that he has to push my c-sec back to March 31st BUT... my uterus is measuring at 36 weeks 5 days (which is what I have thought was the right date from the beginning, March 14th). So because of this I will be going for the tests listed above to determine when I will be having this little girl. The reasoning for the NST's is because my son was born dead (no vitals for 8 mins) and the docs couldn't explain why so this time we aren't taking that risk. My Doc says he will be extremely surprised if I don't have a baby by the 14th of March... I guess we will find out!
dominicsmamma
dominicsmamma

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:37 pm

I just saw a commercial for Mirena, strange timing. Smile HA.

YoungMom - looks like your BP and Urine were A-Okay, so that is probably why they weren't worried about you.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:23 pm

dominicsmama - I'm glad they're taking all these pre-cautions with you this time. Though hearing you might be waiting 2 weeks past your due date has got to be frustrating!!! Hang in there Smile
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Week: 34 weeks 5 days
Weight Gain so far: haha...51 lbs!
Blood Pressure: She didn't tell me...and I totally forgot to ask
Belly measurement: Measuring at almost 37 weeks Shocked
Dilation/Effacement: Not checked
Urine: Not checked
Next appt: Ultrasound Mar. 5
Baby's sex: Baby boy
Baby's name: Danny
Other: Oh goodness! So I gained 10 lbs since my appt. a little over a month ago. When she measured me and felt the baby, she acted really surprised and is like, "Hmm...I think this is going to be a big baby! Probably 9 lbs or more at term..." Jeez...JUST what I wanted to hear. The only positive about my ginormous offspring and his growth spurt is that the nurse thought it was enough of a concern to schedule an ultrasound for size determination...so YAY! I finally get another ultrasound...haven't had one since 20 weeks. But I really don't know what that means for delivery...will they consider inducing me? Prolly not? Guess I'll ask next time. I never can think of all the good questions while I'm there.
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm

MillerWifey wrote: But I really don't know what that means for delivery...will they consider inducing me? Prolly not? Guess I'll ask next time. I never can think of all the good questions while I'm there.

I have a baby notebook and i keep an on going question list to ask for every appointment, it help full b/c i forget everything.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next