March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shower Question

+4
LGTWifey
Karen
SarinasLilAddition
kboogie
8 posters

Go down

Shower Question Empty Shower Question

Post  kboogie Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:04 pm

How much in advance do you send out shower invites? My MIL and SIL want to throw me a shower in NY for their friends and family. The dates they have been throwing around are the 17th or 24th of Jan. But neither of them can seem to make up their mind on what they want to do (which is typical for them). I am just wondering how long to wait until I make DH get involved.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Shower Question Empty Re: Shower Question

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Well, I dont know about anyone else. But for the baby shower I threw for my sister, we did invites 2 weeks in advance and got a lot of feedback that it wasn't enough time. So, when I threw the wedding shower for my best friend, we did the shower invites 3 weeks ahead and most people said it was perfect.

I would be afraid that a month was TOO much time for people to lose the invite/forget, etc. But I'm not sure. My mom & sisters are sticking with 3 weeks for my shower.

Good Luck!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm

3 weeks is a good amount of time. Esp if anyone has to request the day off of work, plan travel, etc. I agree that a month is too long and people may forget.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:30 pm

I am just nervous..because we are at a month out right now..and they still cant figure out what date they want to have it. Plus my mom needs to fly up from Florida....and to go into the history a little- when DH and I got married, they were supposed to plan the rehersal dinner- a week before the wedding I ended up just doing it myself.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 pm

kboogie wrote:I am just nervous..because we are at a month out right now..and they still cant figure out what date they want to have it. Plus my mom needs to fly up from Florida....and to go into the history a little- when DH and I got married, they were supposed to plan the rehersal dinner- a week before the wedding I ended up just doing it myself.

I would let DH know that you're a little nervous and if you're at a month out now, they seriously need to have their minds made up by at least next week. Maybe DH can let them know that people need the three weeks to take time off from work/find a sitter/plan a gift, etc. I would even have DH use your mom as an example... having to purchase a plane ticket 3 days before an event is NOT fun... I'm with you though, that would make me nervous as well.

Last edited by SarinasLilAddition on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:33 pm

Yeah I would say 3 weeks is about the shortest, a month feels long, but with all the holidays, etc, and people needing to travel, I think a month is okay. Mine is likely going to be the 31st and I just gave her the invite count so they won't be out within the next two weeks, so I am guessing it will be shorter timelines.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dominicsmamma Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 pm

My shower will be Feb. 7th and my sister will be mailing out the invites the first week of Jan. due to the fact that we will have some out of town guests coming. They already know about it, but this will be the formal side of it... I guess. So mine will go out about 1 month before, also I did read somewhere that when having a shower around the holidays it is a good idea to get them out 4-5 weeks because money is a little tight for most people. I don't know if this is true but it sounded good.
dominicsmamma
dominicsmamma

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:29 pm

I always send any invites out (except wedding) 3-4 weeks in advance. That way it gives time to figure out work and sitters if needed. I would have your dh call and get your date ASAP so they can get them out.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayana Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:15 pm

i would get them out after xmas b4 new years for either date you pic

Ayana

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:51 pm

my shower was supposed to be a surprise but I know that some people have already received their invites. I was a little worried that that was too much time because the shower is not until Jan. 25th and some people have had their invites since before thanksgiving. oh well, I hope no one forgets about me scratch
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down