March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby shower??

+11
PonyDoodleButt
mrskizzee
dominicsmamma
becky123
crystal82578
lisa_m
mini*van*mama
LGTWifey
JenniVange
SarinasLilAddition
YoungMomToBe1991
15 posters

Go down

Baby shower?? Empty Baby shower??

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 am

I have no clue when to have one, or even when to start planning one!! What about everyone else??
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Baby shower?? Empty Re: Baby shower??

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:28 am

My mom & my sisters are throwing me a shower.. it's tentatively planned for Valentine's day - that way a month or so has passed since Christmas.. since money is tight for Christmas, for most people. Very Happy
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:45 am

My mom & sister are throwing mine as well...they also mentioned February for the same reason. I hope little man doesn't come early!!!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 am

I am not sure I will be having one, since I am having another little girl and they will only be 19M apart, people just showered my DD. I won't be making a trip to my hometown between now and when she is born and that is where most of my close friends and family friends are, so likely we will just have a small girls get together here in my neighborhood, but I am going to leave all of that up to others to plan, I am okay if nothing happens.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

I think I may be having one. Not sure though. This baby is number 4, but we were done with 3. So as 3 grew out of everything we got rid of everything. I have no clothes, swing, bed, bouncer.

What I do have is some bibs and an exersaucer.

So I am going to ask my mom to throw my a baby sprinkle. She has brought up a shower, but I think a sprinkle will be a little better.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:28 pm

I think mine is going to be in late January. My sister and my DH's friend are co-hosting it, so I'm not really sure about the details yet.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crystal82578 Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:30 pm

I don't know if I am having a shower either. Since all my truly close friends live out of state or up state I don't know how it would work. Is it okay to throw yourself a shower? My mother in law did my first shower at my son's 1 month birthday since all our family and friends were out of state then too. I have a crib and dresser and about 5 outfits my sweet heart girl friend couldn’t resist buying. I will start this coming weekend by buying my handsome little man his coming home outfit and his car seat. I guess I plan on just seeing what happens.
crystal82578
crystal82578

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:39 pm

My sister in law is planning mine for the beginning of february. She wont tell me what they are doing or anything, so we will see how that goes! She threw my bridal shower and it was awesome so I'm excited!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  dominicsmamma Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:01 pm

I will be having mine February 7th and my sister and sister in law will be planning mine with the help of my best friend. My BF lives in another state so she can't do the planning but she is helping by purchasing stuff. They have already started planning because my sister handmakes everything so right now she is working of the invites. With DS (8 years ago) and only my family and friends, there were 76 people there (women only) so now with DH's side it will be really big. My sister is making 110 invites, so that tells you why they are starting to plan now. I am really involved with it and I do try to help in any way so if you would like information or ideas please let me know.
dominicsmamma
dominicsmamma

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Holy sh*t D'smama.. that's a ton of freakin' people! I would go crazy!! But I guess its good for lots of gifts! Mine will probably be close friends & family (women), so probably 15 people... which is A OK with me.. hehe.
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Am I bad for even wanting a baby shower/sprinkle? I have been thinking about this since my last post. I mean I had a shower already for the first baby. Yes were done, but now I think I am just feeling petty.

To me I think every baby should have there own little "party". Ugh I am so torn.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 pm

You are not bad at all! I'd love to have one for my next kids too. Smile

My official shower will probably be 15-20 people, but someone at work offered to throw one too and I'm all for it because we need a lot of stuff! If people want to give us things, who are we to hurt their feelings and turn them down? Razz
lisa_m
lisa_m

Back to top Go down

Post  mrskizzee Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:16 pm

dominicsmamma wrote:I will be having mine February 7th

My shower is on February 7th also!! Laughing I'm soooo excited! I haven't registered yet though...when are you ladies doing it? Is it too early to do it now?
mrskizzee
mrskizzee

http://www.myspace.com/themrskizzee

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:21 pm

mrskizzee wrote:

My shower is on February 7th also!! Laughing I'm soooo excited! I haven't registered yet though...when are you ladies doing it? Is it too early to do it now?

We started registering on Wednesday, after the U/S, and I've continued online. Just my personal preference, it's MUCH easier online.. dont have to deal with all the other customers & sales people. But for the things like stroller and stuff, are easier in person, so you can test everything out Smile
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:15 pm

dominicsmamma wrote:I will be having mine February 7th and my sister and sister in law will be planning mine with the help of my best friend. My BF lives in another state so she can't do the planning but she is helping by purchasing stuff. They have already started planning because my sister handmakes everything so right now she is working of the invites. With DS (8 years ago) and only my family and friends, there were 76 people there (women only) so now with DH's side it will be really big. My sister is making 110 invites, so that tells you why they are starting to plan now. I am really involved with it and I do try to help in any way so if you would like information or ideas please let me know.
Thats my birthday! thats also why Im conflicted on when to have my shower...my b day is on feb 7th my sons on jan22 christmas rite before...ugh I dont know when to have it...We need one because the only things I kept from ds was his crib and walker everything else is loooong gone!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:18 pm

I agree, every baby deserves to be celebrated!!!! I threw a Baby Boy Brunch for my girlfriend, it was her second, and it was smaller than her first shower, originally I was just going to invite a few close friends, but then realized since her family is so close I should invite them too, so I ended up inviting 33 people, but only 12-14 people actually attended. She offered to throw me one, but with her just having a newborn I am not sure she will remember or will be to up to it, we shall see.

And Dominicsmamma - that is a TON of Thank You Notes...good gracious. But lots of presents which is nice. I don't even know how you can register for that many presents, but that would be a ton of fun Smile

As for when to register, start now, and add and delete as you go...I agree Sarina, online is MUCH easier, however there are tons of little things that aren't online that you will want/need, so you have to deal with the store eventually Smile Also, a quick note, makes sure the stuff you are selecting online is also available in the stores, because it annoys gift givers when all options in the store are online only, because then they have to pay for shipping.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dominicsmamma Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Sarina and Lgtwifey- I have so many family friends that I have known my whole life that makes up about 45 people right there... you should have seen us trying to cut down our wedding guest list... YIKES!! If I would have saved stuff from DS I probably would have done something small like a couple of my other friends did (just the essentials) but I don't have anything except for a couple of my favorite outfits and those are boys.

Lgtwifey- Believe it or not, I have already started making my thank you cards and writing the basic stuff like the addresses and stuff like that.
dominicsmamma
dominicsmamma

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:36 pm

I wanna baby shower but i doubt it will happen. I did make up a Target registry but i also doubt anyone will ask if i made one. We will most likely end up buying what we need. We already bought a good amount of stuff. My family could care less that I am pg. they havent even asked what we are having yet. No one congratulated me. I guess its what i should expect with a large family. Geeze the Duggars get more attention with 18! I am happy...DH is happy... I know thats all that matters. I dont even want to go to Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I guess I am just feeling down about this entire thing. Everyone needs support... a baby is a blessing not a nusense. Thats how they make me feel.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 pm

SequoiaAutumn,

I am so sorry to hear that your family is not being supportive. Right now I wish mine would back out of my business! But for them to not even ask how you are doing is crazy!! Come move to Utah and you will fit right in and be welcomed with open arms. lol!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 pm

April, we're all really excited for you! I'm sorry your family is sucking so much.
lisa_m
lisa_m

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:41 pm

My sisters and mom are going to throw my baby shower. It will probably be late January early February. Since my due date has been moved to March 1st we may have an earlier shower.

I am going to register online at Babies R Us.

Now that we know we are having a boy I can finally get started on our list of what we need. Very Happy
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Awee thanks for your support ladies. I really needed that. DH doesnt want to go to Tday dinner either. Its good we are on the same page. He too is tired of the rude comments from everyone.

Cant wait to hear more about the upcoming showers.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:02 am

I’m very lucky I’m having 2 one at work (I work with children, so it will be more like a parent event with the families playing baby shower games), and one that my close friend, 2 of my sil are giving me. They wont tell me anything not the date, what’s going on, where it happening, nothing. I gave them a list and asked that it be jack and jill but that’s the only info I have. and the worst part is I’m noisy and they know its killing me not to know what’s going on.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayana Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:42 am

i didnt want a shower. but i have different friends than i did with my first. also this is a boy and i only have girl stuff so my mom and sister in law are throwing it. i made the invites (cuz i like to craft). i did do a registry but i dont expect ppl to buy anything off of it. you get 10% off from bru whatever ppl dont buy. i dont have anything because our apt is small and i like to pay it forward and well i did alittle to much of that. Embarassed
so we invited about 48 ppl mostly my moms friends and family. also mine is dec 7th. my oldest b-day is in jan and the other is in march and i thin he will be here in feb. so its b4 xmas, so maybe they will be in a giving mood. lol

Ayana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down