March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eight babies, anyone?

+12
JenniVange
PonyDoodleButt
kboogie
obxstefany
SarinasLilAddition
mrskizzee
alnaday
mini*van*mama
SequoiaAutumn
LGTWifey
GAMommy
GSDmommy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

eight babies, anyone? Empty eight babies, anyone?

Post  GSDmommy Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:07 am

wow, California mommy gave birth to 8 babies yesterday. They weighed from 3 lb. 4 oz. to 1 lb. 8 oz. Can you imagine???? How do you carry 8 little ones????? Amazing!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

eight babies, anyone? Empty Re: eight babies, anyone?

Post  GAMommy Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:14 am

No way! I can't even imagine! Do they have any other children?
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am

I didn't hear if they have other kids.

There were 46 doctors there for the delivery, and baby #8 was a surprise... they thought they were there to deliver 7!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:45 am

I read about it last night and saw it all over the Today Show this morning. I am not sure how I feel about it, part of me is a little upset/torn. I can imagine its a touchy subject, and I don't want to offend anyone, but those kids and that whole family have a long long road ahead of them, likely will have a lot of medical issues and developmental issues. I can't imagine carrying 8 babies, granted she only thought she was carrying 7, but seriously...that seems a little excessive to me.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 am

I have a hard enough time carrying one child.. Maybe i could tolerate two.. But never 8! This is the first i hear of it. My kids like to watch Curious George in the morning so i always end up missing the Today show! Ill have to check it out!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:50 am

Wow. I just saw Kate Gosslin's belly in my head and it just grew like Pinocchio's nose.

Really I don't see why people implant all those eggs. I mean really having 8 babies at 1 time is just wrong if you ask me. I would have maybe done 3 at the most and then froze the rest or donated to anotehr couple that can not get preggers.

When I here these stories of people having 5+ babies at one time, it makes me feel sad for the people that can't have babies. For medical reason's or just not enough to get the med's needed.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 pm

I heard on the radio this morning that she was going to try to breastfeed all of them. that I would like to see happen. I mean I just went to a breastfeeding class the instructor warned us that for the first month we may you may be breastfeeding for like 16 hours out of the day and that is just w/ one child can you imagine 8???
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:39 pm

WOW I cant imagine that.. hopefully she does pump so they can get her milk. Breastfeeding is very time consuming. My kids nursed every 1 1/2 -2 hrs continueously throughout the day and night. Seems i never had a break. And with Grayson i was also b/f'ing Logan 4-6times a day along with Grayson. I was a human cow!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:40 pm

I can't stop laughing at the thought of her breastfeeding 8 children, NO WAY, You don't have enough ta-ta's for that...good lord.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  mrskizzee Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 pm

LGTWifey wrote:I can't stop laughing at the thought of her breastfeeding 8 children, NO WAY, You don't have enough ta-ta's for that...good lord.

HAHAHA....I have this image in my head now of 8 children fighting over her boobs for milk Shocked
mrskizzee
mrskizzee

http://www.myspace.com/themrskizzee

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Holy lord...

I have to agree with all PPs when talking about TOO many and the breastfeeding issue.

She must be NUTS! Shocked
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 pm

In my opinion....she gave birth to a "litter" of children! Being pregnant with one is tough...NO thanks to having 8! That is not only a NO, but a HELL NO!

Seriously..the medical issues they will have to deal with. I think sometimes people don't think of those things when they have excessive multiples. I hope I don't offend anyone, but that is just my opinion.

Breastfeeding them all...she has good intentions and I hope that she can, I can't imagine how that is going to happen.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:02 pm

I heard last night that when they do IVF- they have ethical guidelines they are supposed to use that say they are only supposed to implant 4 eggs maximum at a time.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:47 pm

GSDmommy wrote:wow, California mommy gave birth to 8 babies yesterday. They weighed from 3 lb. 4 oz. to 1 lb. 8 oz. Can you imagine???? How do you carry 8 little ones????? Amazing!
I found out today from my midwife that appariently that was at my hospital!!!!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:45 pm

I thought about that when I saw the press conference- because they had a big sign that said kaiser- and I remembered you saying your were going to have your baby at kaiser.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:10 am

well now you all know where Im going to deliver so you can send baloons lol lol!
God I cant even imagine how hecktic that was but they were luckey because that hospital has the main NICU for the area.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:25 am

That woman already had 6 children.....WOW...I see another Dugger family in the making!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:19 am

And she shares a 3 bedroom house with her parents.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:29 pm

kboogie wrote:And she shares a 3 bedroom house with her parents.

WHAT!!!! ohh hell no that is not enough room for all those kids.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:52 pm

IRRESPONSIBLE if you ask me...but since no one did, I should just keep my opinions to myself Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Single mother, 14 kids, taking fertility treatments, living at home with mom in a 3 bedroom house. I hope that others are concerned and check in frequently to be sure those kids are being taken care of.
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 pm

I am just curious how a single mother of 6 affords fertility treatments. They are quite expensive, right?
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:24 pm

I didn't realize that she was a single mother. What was she thinking? I am sure that she will be taken care of financially through future interviews and possible t.v. shows.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:29 pm

kboogie--I don't know if this is true or not but I read that she ordered fertility drugs off the internet!

Here's an article from ABCnew.com

ABC News' Mike Von Fremd visited the home of the woman, who lives with her parents on a quiet cul-de-sac in the Los Angeles suburbs. With none of the typical joyful markings of a new arrival -- balloons, storks, flowers -- visible, the family and most immediate neighbors wanted nothing to do with the media.

"Do us a favor, give us our privacy and get out, shame on you, shame on you," a man from inside the house screamed at Von Fremd.

Outside the family's home, bikes and toddler toys were scattered across the front yard. Neighbors told ABC News that the woman is a single mother in her thirties who already has six other children. It appears the family will live in a three-bedroom house bursting with babies when the octuplets are released from the hospital in an estimated two months.

A mother of six on welfare would receive approximately $1,645 a month from the government, according to estimates from child welfare services. A mother of 14 would receive about $2,678 a month in support -- not nearly enough, Sophy says, to create a stable, safe environment for 14 children.

The Department of Children and Family Services would worry that, in a house of 14, there would be a lack of attention or that the children would be at risk of abuse or neglect.

While the hospital has not revealed if the woman received fertility treatments, Sophy said that it is possible to obtain fertility drugs without a traditional doctor's prescription.

"It should be a doctor who prescribes any kind of medication, but as we know, these days through the Internet, through the mail, through other countries, anything is accessible."
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:33 pm

So, who donated the sperm? Don't tell me you can get that off the internet too! The whole story is crazy and she should not be allowed to do this. I am sure that some of the kids will be placed elsewhere.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next