March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babies names

+6
Karri_B
Karen
MillerWifey
PonyDoodleButt
lisa_m
Blessed with baby #2
10 posters

Go down

Babies names Empty Babies names

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:58 pm

So is everyone set on their babies name yet? What is it going to be?

I think I am going to go with Izabella Jolina.

What do you think (honestly).

By the way my middle name is Jo and both of my sisters middle names are Jo (Crystal Jo, Maria Jo, and Amanda Jo) so that is why we were considering Jolina for this babies middle name.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Babies names Empty Re: Babies names

Post  lisa_m Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:07 pm

We're set on Lily Grace for a girl, and pretty set on Oliver Robin for a boy (DH's mom was named Robin, but he thinks it's more of a masculine name). We're not sharing the names with family or friends (except you guys!), because everyone has an opinion and we'd rather have people accept the baby with its name when they meet it, instead of trying to change our minds for the next 5 months.

I like Izabella Jolina, but I almost like just Izabella Jo better. Jolina's growing on me though... I'm no help at all!! Razz
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:41 pm

Koen (god help me with a middle name) Acosta. I cant think of a middle name and Im going crazy...I cant leave it out because we all have one and it wouldnt be fare....Why dont they come with names?
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 pm

Pretty sure it will be Daniel Christian (for some reason DH says "Danny Miller...great name! Sounds like a 'student athlete'!" what a geek). Was a little upset when SIL told us she has a nephew with that exact name though. Sad
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:13 pm

The name will be either Logan Tyler or Sarah Elizabeth. They are set in stone. We're being surprised this time, never waited for a surprise before.

I like Izabella Jolina, it is pretty and Jolina is unique.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Karri_B Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:49 pm

WE have no idea yet. OUr list is still over a dozen names long. It would have been SO MUCH EASIER if we were having a boy Rolling Eyes
Karri_B
Karri_B

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:31 am

I agree Kari_B,
I was convinced were having another boy. I had Elijah picked out, I was going to think of a middle name later.

Then we found out we were having a girl, and I have a list, Dh has a list, my sister has a list, my Mom has a list!

It is harder thinking of a girl's name.

Izabella Jolina is a very pretty name. I considered Isabella for the baby name then I saw that it was like #2 in popularity last year (or maybe the year before). I want a unique name, my DH name is James and he hated having his name since it was soo common. My son's name is Jaydon, and his name is sooo common (I didn't realize how popular it was! I thought I was being unique!).

I really like Jolina too. Very unique and pretty!
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Babies names Empty Comment to aquaopal

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:03 am

aquaopal wrote:
Izabella Jolina is a very pretty name. I considered Isabella for the baby name then I saw that it was like #2 in popularity last year (or maybe the year before). I want a unique name, my DH name is James and he hated having his name since it was soo common. My son's name is Jaydon, and his name is sooo common (I didn't realize how popular it was! I thought I was being unique!).

I really like Jolina too. Very unique and pretty!

The only reason why it was taking me so long deciding on Izabella was becasue I saw how common it was in 2007 also. It was #2. At first I thought it would not be common at all but it is very common. I still like it and my daughter and husband love it. My daughter's name is Kathryn Elizabeth and I thought it was so beautiful. She was so easy to name but this one is hard. I did have a boy named pick out before we found out for sure that she was a girl and his name would have been Christian Nathanial.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 am

Hey, Crystal. I think Kathryn and Izabella sound nice together.
Have u told ur family about the Jolina instead of Jo?? I remember u said u were getting some slack about that??? I think tradition is nice, and u added a little twist to it! Smile i think it's a beautiful name.
I do want to say one thing, and I don't think it's negative, but when I said it out loud, it did remind me of Angelina Jolie, I don't know if anybody else thought that, or said that tto u. but not everyone will be saying her first and middle name alot. so it doesn't matter
Congrats on deciding a name, it is very hard.
We have had a girls name set for about 8-9 years!!! no girl yet, so we'll see if we get to use it this time Wink I've said it before, Joanne Lynne, but her nickname will be Jolee --
if it's a boy, we're still kinda trying to figure that out bounce
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:15 am

Jillian21180 wrote:
I do want to say one thing, and I don't think it's negative, but when I said it out loud, it did remind me of Angelina Jolie, I don't know if anybody else thought that, or said that tto u. but not everyone will be saying her first and middle name alot. so it doesn't matter

Hey Jill and thanks for the advice. I did think that it kinda sounded like Angelina Jolie but it's okay with me. She is a beautiful woman (kinda weird and very very thin now but still very pretty. Oh and I love a lot of her movies Very Happy ) My family really likes Jolina my dad just doesn't like Izabella but like one of the other girls on here said, (sorry I can't remember who) it's not their baby to name and I can't please everyone. Her nick name will be Bella. I am pretty sure after reading every one's comments so far that we will end up going to Izabella Jolina.

Thats every one who responded and who still will.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:05 pm

If we have a boy he is going to be Ryder Enzo, and our girl will be Isabella Caylin (not sure on the middle name yet). I also saw how popular the name was and I was even thinking about not naming the baby that if its a girl, but my heart is set on that name so I am going to have to, no matter how popular it is! My mom told me the reason Isabella mgiht be so popular is because in those Vampire books that are popular (I dont remember the name of them) the main character is Isabella.. I dont know if that's true but I can see how that would work. Still Isabella is SUCH a pretty name!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:22 pm

I think Izabella Jolina is a great name, the only comment I would make is, since Isabella is generally spelled with an "s" instead of a "z" that could either be a good or a bad thing, good because it sets her apart, but bad because everyone will spell it wrong and she will always have to spell out her full name to people to get it spelled right. My BF named her daughter Sofia, and everyone spells it Sophia, my name is Leigh and everyone spells it Lee...just something to think about.

We are torn for a girl, it will either be:

Delaney Emerson and we will likely call her Laney. Or Emerson Barrett. Emerson is a family name so its gotta be in there somewhere. Barrett is the last name of the woman who cared for me from the time I was 3 months old until I went to high school, her husband passed away just before we got married, so it would be to honor them.

If it was a boy, we were set with Cullen Bradley...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Babies names Empty Re: Baby names

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:40 pm

LGTWifey wrote:I think Izabella Jolina is a great name, the only comment I would make is, since Isabella is generally spelled with an "s" instead of a "z" that could either be a good or a bad thing, good because it sets her apart, but bad because everyone will spell it wrong and she will always have to spell out her full name to people to get it spelled right. My BF named her daughter Sofia, and everyone spells it Sophia, my name is Leigh and everyone spells it Lee...just something to think about.

My daughters middle name is Elizabeth (I dicided to go with a "Z" in her name over the "S"). I guess that is why I was spelling Izabella that way. I also have to be different with such a common name. Both are very pretty.

I even thought about Olivia instead of Izabella but I was going to spell is "Alivia" instead to be a little different. My husband didn't want to go with it only becasue his neices' name is Olivia.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down