March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babies R Us sold me out

+3
SequoiaAutumn
Limedrop
TechieMom
7 posters

Go down

Babies R Us sold me out Empty Babies R Us sold me out

Post  TechieMom Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:06 am

I opened a registry at Babies R Us a couple of weeks ago, and they sold my information to a bunch of other companies. Mad I suddenly started getting all this marketing mail from baby-related businesses trying to sell me stuff - basically postal spam. I hate it when companies do that - I guess that explains why they give you a coupon for starting a registry, they probably make twice that much selling your name and address.

Maybe this is a stupid thing to be mad about, but I thought you all should know. Maybe you can request that they not sell your personal information if you open a registry there.

Shannon
TechieMom
TechieMom

Back to top Go down

Babies R Us sold me out Empty Re: Babies R Us sold me out

Post  Limedrop Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:12 am

uh i hate that. Are you sure it was babies r us? i use to be a manager for a maternity store(a pea in the pod) and when ppl would shop we would ask them for their name and address and email and we would send coupons in the mail. The only reason i ask is cause i did a registry with babies r us and havent gotten anything BUT i started mine online and i just put my city and state, not my whole address so theres a suggestion for all of you ladies who are thinking of doing a registry at babies r us.. Start one online and then go to the store to update it cause then all u give them is ur name. Sorry that happened to u, i would be annoyed too.
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:42 am

Grrr that is so frustrating. I signed up for Target.com registry and so far so good. I dont think anyone will purchase from there i just wanted to get the 10% off for me to get the last several things I needed. Sneaky of me!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:20 pm

I registered with Babies R Us online and so far no unwanted emails or mail.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:53 pm

I had a miscarriage in May (at 9 weeks). I hadn't even done any baby shopping yet and started getting baby mail. Now I'm getting the "your baby's almost here" kind (I would have been due 12/14) and I'm like "thanks for the reminder, asshole." I have no idea how I got on that kind of mailing list way back then, unless it was something that babycenter sold my info to. I didn't enter my address or phone number or anything, but that was the only place that I did anything baby related.

I registered a month ago at BRU, and haven't started getting things from that yet. I wonder if different states and stores have different policies on selling info. Sorry you're being bombarded by junk mail. Like we don't get enough of that already with credit card apps and bills!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:26 pm

Babies R Us does NOT sale your info. However if you don't read the fine print and check the correct boxes then you have given them your consent to send your info to there sister companies. Also if you had somebody at BRU sign you up, they won't ask you because they get "praised" for that info because BRU does get something for sending to there sister site. Like a finders fee or something.

My cousin is a Manager at the BRU by me so I just called and got the scoop for you ladies. Cool
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:53 pm

I also registered online at Babies R Us a few months ago and haven't gotten so much as an email...
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down