March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so im going to this baby shower...

+3
LGTWifey
dsdavin
Limedrop
7 posters

Go down

so im going to this baby shower... Empty so im going to this baby shower...

Post  Limedrop Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:32 pm

a friend of mine is hosting a shower for another girl in 2 weeks who i have met a couple of times and shes on my "myspace" friends list and i also invited her to my shower which is a week later.. so i am TOTALLY broke right now, esp after the holidays, i mean the most i can do is like a 10.00 gift (maybe a cute outfit or something) but im wondering if thats enough?? I would have to show up to her shower with a small little gift but i hardly know the girl, and i dont expect much from her for my shower either.. is that wrong? Im thinking of just going to like ROSS or MARSHALLS and getting a little outfit or some onezies (sp) and call it a day..
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

so im going to this baby shower... Empty Re: so im going to this baby shower...

Post  dsdavin Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:58 pm

I say give what you can and don't go broke over buying a gift for someone. A cute outfit is perfect! By the way, what is your first language? Now I am curious to know where you are from.

Shannon
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Yeah I would say a cute outfit and a $1.00 toy, or something cheap like that is perfect...or you could even put together a cute little basket with Target brand Baby Shampoo, Diaper Cream, Baby Wash, etc for $10.00 and it would be super cute. I got 3 outfits for my neighbor for $10.00 on clearance on BRU, so its doable and looks like you spent a lot more. If you have Kohl's around they always have great deals, but Marshalls's etc is a great start too. The good thing about baby stuff is that people need both the super expensive stuff and the cheaper stuff, so you are still doing something very helpful by getting her a gift Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:10 pm

Old Navy, BRU and Children's Place all have amazing sales going on right now. I bet you could get a few outfits for just $10 if you try shopping the clearance racks at the stores!! Do what you can, don't go broke over someone you barely know...it's a shame your shower wasn't first and you could re-gift! Laughing
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:51 pm

dsdavin wrote: By the way, what is your first language? Now I am curious to know where you are from.

Shannon

lol im polish.. been here a while now but its amazing how much harder it is with gramer when u skip K, 1, 2, and 3rd grade because you were in a diff country.. spelling is just not my thing lol
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:17 pm

With $1o I would either do

a)pack of diapers and box of wipes
b)lotion, baby wash, powder, butt cream and pack of wash clothes-in a cute basket
c)q-tips, baby tylenol, clippers, infant tooth paste and tooth brush(the one that goes on parents finger)
d)outfit with matching socks
e)go in with a couple people on a bigger gift

Personal I would love the diapers and wipes, because you can never have enough. You can get a pack of White Cloud from Walmart for $7 and then a box of wipes for $2. Then go to a $ store near you to get a bag and tissue paper.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Give what you can. $10 is more than enough from an 'acquaintance'.
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:04 pm

do what you can its better then nothing
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down