March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We had a good day today!!!

4 posters

Go down

We had a good day today!!! Empty We had a good day today!!!

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:27 pm

Today we went to a huge mall about an hour away. We took all the kids with us. Typically we leave them home but we figured they would love to get out of the house. Smile Hubby bought me a very nice video camera, a Sony DVD with a carrying case, extra battery and disks. Perfect for recording xmas and a new baby. Smile Expect bragging videos people! lol

We put up a tree the other day. We havent done that in 5 yrs. So the kids were all excited. We dont do santa so we already put everything under the tree here. We open on xmas eve to give them all a chance to play with their stuff longer. We spend xmas day at my dads so it gives them no time to play.

Also went to Children's Place. My favorite store! I bought $50 worth of clothes for $13!!! I was sooo excited!

And I found an ornament that fits ALL of our names on it for only $6. Smile

Just wanted to share......

Our first tree in 5 years!" alt="" />

Just the 10 of us" alt="" />

more clothes" alt="" />
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

We had a good day today!!! Empty Re: We had a good day today!!!

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:17 pm

That ornament was a rare find! Absolutely perfect for you guys. You are way to brave for going to the mall with all the kids especially around this time.I hate the mall during the holidays and forget going pregnant,Ide be on the news for flipping out and beating everyone with the stroller. Twisted Evil
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:17 pm

You did have a nice day! I like that ornament.

Since you're a TCP nut, I'll tell you that I worked there for 10.5 years. I started in management for 3 years before becoming store manager for 4 years. After my ds was 4 mo old, I stepped down to part time until I quit this past April. Let me tell you, that 30% discount (off everything!) sure was nice.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:05 am

People at the mall were suprisingly nice. It was packed! We took only 6 kids with us, one of them being my dd's friend who threw up in my van right after we got in the van after leaving the mall. Did i mention it was an hour drive? It was a cold drive home! Blah!

Karen, I didnt know you worked there. I know im a nut! The sweater was a find in the back room. The lady told me she was cleaning and found them tucked in the back room forgotten about. Cause i told her that i pretty much knew what was sold there over the last couple years and just recently shopping for girls not boys anymore and never saw that sweater. I paid $5 for it! I pulled out an expired coupon and played the game.. "oh its expired?! oh no!!" LOL The lady said.. its okay i might have a code to use. HEHE DUR! So i saved 15%. lol Love it! Grayson has several outfits from the past 21 mths. I do love their clothes. Especially the little barrets. Smile

This one was his 6mth
Photobucket" alt="" />

This was his 12mth
Photobucket

And i bought this for a baby on Graysons baby board who we met up with.. she is sending it to me for Sequoia.. there is a hat but not in this picture.
Photobucket

I found it..
Photobucket" alt="" />
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Awwww, thanks for sharing the pics, they are adorable! I remember all those outfits.

TCP holds up so well. I started working there when Kaitlyn was 1 year old, 2 weeks before her bday. I have 3 girls then my boy. I save all girl clothes until Hannah outgrows them. Probably 95% of the kids' wardrobe is from TCP. The ones Hannah is wearing now make her the 3rd kid to wear them. They still look new! When I garage sale them after Hannah, people comment on how they still look new. Sometimes I tell them 3 kids have worn them (depends on how friendly the person is, I don't want them to put them back!) and they are shocked.

Whenever you shop TCP, it doesn't hurt to ask if there is a current coupon out. If it isn't one that is issued specifically to you, they should have a copy to scan. But they won't just scan it, you have to mention it. They don't always have a current coupon, though. Are you signed up online to their birthday club? You can sign up all the kids who still fit in their clothes. You'll get a coupon the month of their bday, I think it is 15%.

Treasured clearance deals from the back room all depend on how organized the store is. There are usually monthly transfers out to the outlets. However, there is so much stock in back, sometimes things get missed. That's why you got that sweater so cheap. Great find!

How often do you shop there? If you go regularily, start up conversations with the staff, esp the managers. I knew all the regulars, but really enjoyed talking to the friendly ones. I would get to know them by name. If they get to know you, then they'll be likely to offer up any great deals they find and/or coupons. I always did!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:24 am

April - which Mall, Holyoke? I haven't been there since 2005...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:26 am

Yup it was! Its a huge mall! I think i have only been there like 4-5 times. Its such a long drive from Athol. And it was packed!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down