March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sooo happy Today was a good day

4 posters

Go down

Sooo happy Today was a good day Empty Sooo happy Today was a good day

Post  PonyDoodleButt Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Im usually a negative nancy so Im sharing good news instead. All of my insurance mess is now taken care of and as of Oct 1st will be under Kaiser. Im extactic about delivering there, they have a nice birthing center and awesome staff! My first birth experience was less then desireable so Im doing everything I can to insure this one goes smoothe. They even have birthing classes and midwifes! Does anyone have one and are they beneficial?
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Sooo happy Today was a good day Empty Re: Sooo happy Today was a good day

Post  LuckyxTwo Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:47 pm

yay! glad your insurance woes got sorted!

I'm going to look into a midwife once I get through all my highrisk testing etc. I'd really like to have a midwife. My other option is a hospital sponsered doula. I don't know much about doulas, anyone have one before?

LuckyxTwo

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:49 pm

what is a midwife for? What do they do... I know nothing about them.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:16 am

I have had midwives and ob doctors. I personally prefer a midwife all the way. They treat you more on a personal level and take time to talk to you and share your questions/concerns. When delivering.. they are only there for you.. When a ob would be there for the rest of the delivering moms who didnt have an ob on duty. Even after delivery she sat with me watched me nurse, took pictures.. it was an incredible experience. With my ob.. he booked it after the placenta was out. Filled out my chart and his papers and left. He was still really nice. So me having plenty of experience with both.. i would go with midwife if you have a choice.
Best wishes
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karri_B Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 am

LuckyxTwo wrote:yay! glad your insurance woes got sorted!

I'm going to look into a midwife once I get through all my highrisk testing etc. I'd really like to have a midwife. My other option is a hospital sponsered doula. I don't know much about doulas, anyone have one before?

I had a doula. I know her from my local LLL chapter. she was technically in training, so she wasn't able to charge, but a doula none-the-less.

Honestly, I think she was more help for my VBA2C than she'll ever know. She was able to calm me AND my husband down. She rubbed me and helped me through each and every contraction. She SERIOUSLY made the difference in my VBA2C vs. a repeat cesarean.

She will be my doula for this one as well. Since we are repeat "customers" she is giving us a 50% discount - WOOT!

My suggestion, definitely find someone who is a reputable doula and not just some person from the hospital. They are usually more in line w/ the hospital and less of an advocate for you and your birthing plans. Atleast this is how it was for my sister who had a LOT of unnecessary medical interventions.

As far as midwives go, they are not all created equal. Some midwives can be more medical than a traditional midwife and are given the lovely term "MEDwife". Just be sure you know what you want from a provider before you walk into the office.
Karri_B
Karri_B

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:04 am

So do I get a midwife and a DR? Or is it one or the other...?
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down