March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG...Just found out we're moving

+3
SarinasLilAddition
rylan&babysmommy!
armywife1203
7 posters

Go down

OMG...Just found out we're moving Empty OMG...Just found out we're moving

Post  armywife1203 Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:22 pm

DH is active duty Army and we're currently living in a 2 bedroom townhouse on post. There is a brand new neighborhood being built, also on post, that are strictly 3-4 bedroom homes. In order to be eligible for that many rooms you must have at least 2 children, or have one with one on the way. Well, DH has a 9 yr old son and I'm pregnant so we are eligible to move into the new homes but we were told there would be about an 8-10 month wait list, especially since we already had housing and aren't considered a "priority." We like our current home but the new ones are 100x better and we would have more space. Not to mention my step-son is only with us part time so the 3rd room would actually be more like a spare room for any guests.

Well, my phone rang today and it was the housing office telling me that a house is available and we could sign for it on Dec. 30th!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. It's a little overwhelming because DH and I are leaving to drive to Michigan tomorrow and won't be back in town until the 29th but thankfully we'll have 6 days to move out of our old home and into the new one. My mind is racing with all the stuff that needs to get done and can't wait to get into our new home. We will be the first occupants which makes the move even more exciting!!! Also, the neighborhood is right across the street from the commissary (our grocery store) and the PX (which is like a Target/Walmart for military) so it's super convenient

Wish me luck that I'm able to relax during our trip to MI and that we'll be able to get organized enough for the move when we get home. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

OMG...Just found out we're moving Empty Re: OMG...Just found out we're moving

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Thank phone call was like xmas came early for you..congrats on the new home...its so exciting!!!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:36 pm

YAY! What a nice Christmas gift! Congrats Smile
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:59 pm

How awesome! Congrats!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

That is GREAT!!! So.. do you guys have any painting to do before you can clear housing!?!? I was just at Fort Drum and my sister in law had painted and we had to paint the walls a light color so she could clear housing. It was CRAZY, because we were trying to get her moved and everything done to the house around Thanksgiving time. ANYHOW... have a great trip and I hope you enjoy your new home. By the way... THANKS to you and your hubby!!! I don't think the wifes get enough credit for what they have to do too!!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Congrats on the new house! How exciting! What a great Christmas gift!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:59 am

Thank you ladies, it really is a great Christmas present! The timing is perfect because DH will still be off work the whole week we'll be moving so it shouldn't be too bad to get all our stuff over there. Thankfully, we don't have any painting to do before we clear housing. As much as I would have loved to paint we decided to just keep the white walls and deal with it so we wouldn't have to hassle with re-painting later. I think the new home actually has a nice neutral paint instead of just white so that will be a nice change. I just can't tell you how excited I am, I drove by the unit yesterday and they are still putting the fininshing touches on the house.

DH and I are taking off this afternoon to start our drive to Michigan, about 850 miles, so I might not be on much. If I don't chat with you all before have a Merry Christmas! Hope you all enjoy the holiday season!
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Have a safe trip!! Have a fantastic Christmas as well, and a safe move if we dont talk to you before then!! santa rendeer santa
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Christine,

We just moved from Riley to Stewart this summer and I was working on Fort Riley all last year. Are you moving into that new neighborhood near one of the JC gates and across from the comissary?? Those seem REALLY nice. When I was there, those weren't very close to the PX though...are they building a new one out on that side?? Seems like it would be a great place to live. The housing we qualify for here on Fort Stewart is really crappy and small..but we're making it work. Doesn't stop me from being insanely jealous of you though! Razz
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:43 pm

Amanda,
Too bad you guys are still at Riley, we could meet up for lunch or something! Yes, the neighborhood is across from the commissary and they are super nice. I toured them about a month ago and fell in love and feel so lucky that we get to move into one. They have built a new PX, right next to the commissary but it won't be open until February. It's supposed to be twice the size and have better stuff so I'm excited for it to open. We currently live in Ellis Heights, if you know that neighborhood, so it's not bad I'm just excited to have the extra space and it being brand new. Hope things at Stewart are going good for you.
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down