March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about baby moving

+6
PonyDoodleButt
GSDmommy
sds1arm2
Jillian21180
mini*van*mama
kboogie
10 posters

Go down

Question about baby moving Empty Question about baby moving

Post  kboogie Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:58 am

Okay...to be completely honest- i have a little fat on my belly...and i think that is the reason I am not feeling the baby move yet...but last night I was looking at my stomach, and it was moving. Not like it was moving when I was breathing- because it was definately doing that too..but in between breaths- it was just giggling around near my belly button. If i look at it now..its not doing the giggling. And I didnt have gas. Do you think its possible to see movement before feeling it? Its weird, right?
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Question about baby moving Empty Re: Question about baby moving

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:02 am

My Dr told me that the more you weigh the later it will be to feell your baby. I did not feel my last till about 26 weeks, but I could be laying down and see my stomach jump around, or see a foot pushing.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:22 am

Hey!!
Isn't this ur first baby? I think, especially with ur first u'll start to feel around 20 wks. I've been feeling mine, but this is my 3rd- i don't know why u usually feel sooner with 2,3++ pregnancies, maybe u're more sensitive or just know what ur feeling???
I think it's funny u can see movement, I'll have to take notice! Smile
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 am

This is my third pregnancy...but the first time I have made it this far. One was until 15 weeks, and the other 6 weeks. So, for some things I feel like I am experiencing them sooner- because of the 15 week loss. I popped WAY early- around 10 weeks. So, I expected to feel the baby sooner too. But, like I said, I do have some chub around my belly. Interestly, when I first noticed this yesterday, I was in the bathtub...and the water in the bathtub started rippling like in jurassic park.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  sds1arm2 Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:43 am

With my first pregnancy I felt him move/kick at 18 weeks (no denying it). With this pregnancy I felt slight movement at 16 weeks, but definitley noticeable at 17 weeks. I am not thin by any means. I just think it is a little harder to pick it up if you haven't felt it before.

sds1arm2

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:14 pm

I felt Peanut last week in the middle of the night... it was unmistakeable fluttering that felt like being tickled from the inside. And I was so happy and excited to feel it... But I haven't felt a single thing since!!

So to satisfy my obsession with Peanut's wellbeing, I ordered a rental fetal doppler today... I want to be able to hear the heartbeat more than once a month. I have a doc. appt. on Oct. 14, and the big U/S on Nov. 10 - that will be at 21 wks 2 days, so a LONG time to wait!

Besides, my mom is driving in today to visit for a few days, and assuming the monitor shows up while she's here, she'll be way excited to hear it too. She's amazed at the U/S images and how far things have come since she had her babies 39+ years ago.
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:07 pm

It could be your HB. I can actually see my stomach bump with my pulse when Im prego so its hard for me to tell between the two sometimes...just watch it and if it looks more like an alien invasion versus a ticking metranome then its baby! Very Happy
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm

Its not constant like a heartbeat...its random moving...but i have noticed feeling my heartbeat more than i ever did before.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:44 pm

I have the "squishy tummy" too, with my DD I didn't feel her move until about 20W, I have been feeling this LO move since 17W or so. I always assumed it was because I didn't know what I was feeling with the first, and now I do, but I am not sure that is it...because if I missed these feelings the first time, lord help me, but I know at my 20W U/S with my DD, I could see her hit me and feel it at the same time, that helped me realize what I was feeling....I know it will still be a while before my DH is able to see or feel this LO move...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jenryannatas Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:05 pm

I have been feeling the little one for the past couple days consistantly like big bubbles popping kind of, usually around the same time each day, I have a little squish too Embarassed
jenryannatas
jenryannatas

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:02 pm

and the water in the bathtub started rippling like in jurassic park.

Okay i spit my coffee out on that one! LOL You most likely are seeing the baby move. You got a strong lo in there!!! I was telling dh today that our lo was wiggling around today. He likes to hear stuff like that.. then he rubs my belly.. aweee

SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:11 pm

This is my first and I am 18 weeks and I haven't felt my little one move around yet. I hear the heartbeat all the time but no movements yet. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will feel him or her.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down