March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing weight after baby is born

+4
SequoiaAutumn
YoungMomToBe1991
Blessed with baby #2
dsdavin
8 posters

Go down

Losing weight after baby is born Empty Losing weight after baby is born

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:34 am

I was just lurking over at NBBC and noticed that a very nice lady started a weight loss thread (drama free). I just wanted to let you girls know so that when it comes time for all of us (soon!) we could maybe get ideas from the other ladies. They have threads for weight loss and bellly wrapping. I do not ever post over there and will never, but I thought that maybe we can always sneak some advice from them! I know that we mentioned we would start this once everyone has had their babies. I thought that I could get a head start on some ideas and just put the thought in my mind that the food fest is going to have to end really soon! By the way, when all is said and done I will have about 70 lbs. to lose to get back to pre-preggo state from eight years ago. I have a lot of work to do!

community.babycenter.com/groups/a66...
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Losing weight after baby is born Empty Re: Losing weight after baby is born

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:08 am

Sounds good to me. Izabella is 10 days old today and I have lost 25 pounds so far but I still have 20 pounds to go. That last 20 pounds is going to be hard to loose. I have already started eating healthier and I walk when I feel up to it. I am still a little sore so I am trying not to over due it. I am just ready to be thin again Very Happy
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:42 am

I can't wait to lose the instant weight once the baby comes out! It is like a head start. I will have to wait until I recover from my c/s, it will be great to move free again. My stroller is up and ready to go. It is spring here in California and I am dreading wearing shorts. My legs need some work and a good tan.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:52 am

I'm still at my 30 pound loss... I still have a good 20 pounds to go until I've reached my pre-preggo weight. But I'm also looking to shed a little extra, because I was overweight to begin with. Sad
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Weeks postpardom:
Pre-Pregnancy weight:
Ideal weight:
Weight today:
BMI:
Diet:
Exercise routine:
Other:

Weeks postpardom: 12 days
Pre-Pregnancy weight: 180
Ideal weight: 170
Weight today: 203.8
BMI: 29.3
Diet: Fresh fruits and veg's, protein and lots of water
Exercise routine: I started walking lightly but not daily yet
Other: I am b/f'ing so not really dieting just making healthier food choices. Also taking vitamins.

BMI Calculator

I thought it would be helpful and motivating to keep track of our progress weekly. Dont feel obligated to put all the info in. I know it did help me lose the weight after Grayson.

April
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:34 pm

April~ How can we put a Sticky on this? Does kboogie have to do it? Thanks for setting that up. I think that it would be good to have easy access to find this thread so it does not get lost.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:12 pm

dsdavin wrote:April~ How can we put a Sticky on this? Does kboogie have to do it? Thanks for setting that up. I think that it would be good to have easy access to find this thread so it does not get lost.

I cant do stickys. Only Karissa can. I think with all the computer site problems everyone is having, I think we should consider switching groups to a new forum. Ever since I downloaded that program into my computer that Karen posted, so far, knock on wood, i havent had one pop up. And i think it comes with a cool spell checker. I will keep you all posted if it works. But if we do stay here, we should consider appointing one more moderator. What does the group think? I think it would be good in case one person is not available to make changes, another can.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:27 pm

I was thinking about this today. It would also be great to keep our group small. I know that there are a so many ladies who signed on as members who don't use this board. It would be nice not to have to worry about lurkers reading our personal stuff. I am not volunteering or anything, but it would be nice to downsize a little. Oh, and we got off topic here, I hope that everyone finds this and responds!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 pm

April, glad to hear that ad blocker is working for you. Have the regular ads at the top of the page disappeared too?

I'm all for downsizing the group and eliminating the people who have never posted. We do share a lot of personal things on here, and the longer we remain a group the more personal it will become.

I'd also agree to a second moderator, for times when Karissa may not be able to get to something.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:39 pm

I think it will be fun to lose weight together....I mean after all, we gained together didn't we? lol I also agree that if we stay on this site, that we try to get another moderator so that it doesn't fall on one person to always have to do things. I haven't had any pop up problems (knock on wood), but am willing to go wherever if we decide to change sites--and I like the idea of having it be more private so that any person can't just read what we post!

Weeks postpartum: 10 days
Pre-Pregnancy weight: 125
Ideal weight: 120
Weight today: 140 (I was 160 on the day of my c/s)
BMI: still need to check this
Diet: I haven't started eating any different yet, but I haven't been hungry between meals so I'm not snacking
Exercise routine: nothing yet, still recovering from the c/s
Other: I am b/f'ing and I can see the difference so far in what I've lost and how my tummy is getting flatter

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:47 pm

I just went to the member list and there are 45 of us. It would be great to keep it small! I wonder if we stay here if we can eliminate some of the people who don't post. On the other hand I would feel bad if someone was registered and decided that they needed this board for support.

Stacey~ You are right, we all did gain the weight together! That is funny. I can't wait to get started. I forget how long after a c/s that they say you can start working out again. I know that I will have to start with some very slow walking.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Shannon, the admin can delete people but I don't know if the mod can. If Karissa can, and everyone agrees, she could clean up the member list. There can always be a calling all lurkers type of post to just inform that if they have no posts, and don't join in by a certain date, then they'll be deleted. That gives them a chance. First we would need to do a vote to make sure all the active members are in agree-ance.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:55 pm

I agree on starting out slow after the c/s--I am now 10 days out from mine and finally doing stairs and feeling like I can bend over and move around with more flexibility! I was up walking the same night because they didn't give me a catheter, so it was either wet the bed or get up and go pee! lol Oh well. My stitches are still there and I'm bummed because my scar is bigger than my previous c/s scar because they tied my tubes and needed to open me up more--it's still in the same location, below the bikini line, but I can't imagine with this poochy tummy I'll ever want to get in a bikini again!! lol
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom to Boo-Rae Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:59 pm

I am hoping that I can get to working out again soon after this one is delivered via c-section. We leave for Disney World on May 6 which is about 6 weeks post-partum. I would like to not look too horrible while there.

Mom to Boo-Rae

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:49 pm

We have two different topics going on here (and I love both) but is there any way that we can start a new thread about the membership/board? Can we transfer any of the posts related on this thread so others can catch up? I don't know how to do that, does anyone?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:03 pm

I cannot BELIEVE I am about to tell you ladies how much I weigh, the only person that knows my weight or has known my weight in the last 5 years is my OB...ever since I was treated for my Thyroid Disease I haven't told a single person my weight, its depressing...

Weeks postpardom: 17 Days
Pre-Pregnancy weight: 215
Ideal weight: 145-160 (I was 157 when I was treated with Radio-Active Iodine to kill my thyroid)
Weight today: 219
BMI: GOOD LORD
Diet: I haven't started yet, I was going to start the Food Journal and SparkPeople on April 1st when we were all done having our babies, but I don't eat much, I seem to lose my appetitie after I have children, every worries that I have an eating disorder, but I clearly do not, its just that nothing tastes good. After Olivia all I wanted was fruit, but it was summer, so it was all fresh...now nothing tastes good.
Exercise routine: Walking in the neighborhood when its nice enough to take Avery out...once my butt stops going numb I am going to set up the bike trainer and get on that a few times a week.
Other: I am 5' 10- 5' 11, so my "normal weight" range is wide, I was comfortable with my body before treatment, but gained 35-40 pounds in the 6 months post treatment and have been battling that weight ever since and with my thyroid issues its so tough to lose weight, I need to find a new Endo to treat me who will actually listen to my weight concerns, my current Endo just says "Thats normal for Hypo Thyroidism". Well LADY, I don't want to be overweight for the rest of my life, so WORK WITH ME!
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Leigh i am also 5'10". I am happy with 170. I think i look good. I would love to be 160 but that is so hard to maintain for me. My bmi is good at 170.

Sorry about the off topics.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 pm

You tall ladies are really lucky! More length to distribute everything else! I am stuck with the average size of 5'7" so I have to work really hard at it. I definitely have natural curves to go with it! I can tell you that I am having the biggest food fest ever this weekend. What's a few more pounds to lose?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:16 pm

If yall do end up making a new board please email me and let me know. I am so busy with little Izabella that I really don't get on here as much as I would like too but I don't want to loose you guys!
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down