March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before or after the baby is born......

+4
daj72705
GAMommy
EveD2009
dsdavin
8 posters

Go down

Before or after the baby is born...... Empty Before or after the baby is born......

Post  dsdavin Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 pm

As I was cleaning and totally exhausting myself this morning, I was thinking if I should be resting right now and waiting to get the house in order until after the baby is born. I am not sure when I will have enough energy! Just showering makes me tired these days. I will have a month off of work and I am feeling that I might have time to go through and organize. I am also remembering the sleepless nights and not being able to see straight during the daytime. Any advice? Or is my house just going to be unorganized for the rest of my life and I should not worry about it?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Before or after the baby is born...... Empty Re: Before or after the baby is born......

Post  EveD2009 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:07 pm

OH I am going through this same thing. I was really on top of it a couple weeks ago, but now I really need to CLEAN and organize some crap again. But I've been super tired too. I'm afraid to really not have any energy after wards, so am going to try to get the major stuff done this week. I have a dog and a cat, and hard wood floors, and I cannot keep the animal hair at bay. That is my biggest annoyance. I do however have all the laundry done every weekend, which is a new record:) Being a FTM, I really have no idea what I am in for as far as the sleep deprivation and stuff. I am trying to anticipate it, but I am sure I'm in for a wake up call... or lack there of haha!
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Before or after the baby is born...... Empty Re: Before or after the baby is born......

Post  GAMommy Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm leaning towards the last one myself Laughing I'm trying really hard to just learn to let it go. In my mind, kids = a messy house. A dirty house is a whole different story though. That's when I start to feel stressed and guilty. So I say, as long as it isn't dirty...just go with it Very Happy
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:11 pm

I had time off from work so I was able to get some things organized before the baby. I still have tons to do and well I am out of time. I say do what you can but don't over do it. Easier said than done I know. All my family keeps telling me to rest, that the house can wait. It will be there when you are ready and have time to clean it and organize it.

One thing that has helped me from being to overwhelmed is making a list. I try to tackle only 1 or 2 things at a time.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm

I am going to make a list for my husband right now. I forget that I don't have to do it all. I keep worrying that I will go into labor and have to leave a messy house. I keep thinking of all the visitors who will come over after the baby is born. I am a clean freak and have to learn to let go. No one really expects me to have a perfect house after giving birth!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:31 pm

dsdavin wrote:I keep worrying that I will go into labor and have to leave a messy house. I keep thinking of all the visitors who will come over after the baby is born. I am a clean freak and have to learn to let go. No one really expects me to have a perfect house after giving birth!

I am the SAME way. I don't want people caming to my house and seeing it a mess. I KNOW that most of the people that will be stopping by will understand. Matt cleaned the boys room a couple weekends ago for me and it is starting to look messy again, but he said that he would take care of it and it would look perfect again before Caleb and I get home!! LOL!!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:37 pm

I made a honey do list when I found I was pregnant. My DH is wonderful but not so good at finishing things he starts. We had so many projects around the house that needed to be done before the baby. I can happily say I have scratched off almost everything. I am so happy he has realized that 1 I need his help around here and 2 that he really needed to finish what he started. He is also doing well on keeping his junk/clutter in the garage. That is his space to do what he wants. He also has his "man room" downstairs to do as he likes.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:13 pm

HEEHEE I say the same thing! My vote.. is do it later.. or give the job to dh or my teens! hehe
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:50 pm

I just made my list the other day, but then it took me 2 days to get started! I don't want to do anything but relax, but I have things that must be done before hand. I've been giving myself the mornings off and then busting ass in the afternoons. Some is general cleaning, some is massive decluttering and organizing. I think that in one more week I'll be done with it and just stick to maintaining it.

My bff says my house has to be Martha Stewart perfect in my eyes, in order to have anyone over. I LOL'd at her when she told me that, but I guess it is the truth and it took her saying it to make me actually realize it. However, if we are not expecting guests, I'm the total opposite and a total slob!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  curls82 Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, I made a list and got everything checked off of it but now..... less than a week later, (and only 2 weeks or less till our baby girl arrives) I find myself starting a new list in my head Smile I even considered writing it down but now I'm realizing that maybe I started cleaning and organizing to early. Haha. I've given myself (and my husband and toddler) to much time to mess everything up again and I've definitely left myself to much time to think about the other things I need to get done. Plus, everyday I'm looking around thinking..."If she came today, would this be the way I wanted my house to look?" So my vote is, especially after you have one baby, you're house will never stay nice and neat haha. I'm exhausted, I just want to nap!!
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 pm

So, today I took my own advice and made a list for the DH. Some of the items listed are pretty wacky! I told him that he should just say "yes, dear" and do it even if some things seem unreasonable. Don't MESS with me!!!!! I have things down like rearranging furniture and removing small trees from the yard. I just need to feel good about leaving the house for a few days. I think that I feel out of control right now and certain things need to be perfect.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down