March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester??

+2
GSDmommy
kreed63
6 posters

Go down

Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester?? Empty Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester??

Post  kreed63 Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:59 pm

I gained about 9 lbs. during the 1st trimester, which is a lot, I know. During the 1st trimester, I had m/s and was very queasy. The only thing that made me feel better was to eat constantly. And all I wanted to eat was high fat, starchy foods. Now that I am in the 2nd trimester, I have been maintaining my weight. Between last Friday and today, I have now lost 3 lbs. I am beginning to get very concerned. I have been eating much better in the 2nd trimester thought, so maybe I am just losing fat. This could be perfectly normal, but of course, everything freaks me out lately. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

TIA!!
kreed63
kreed63

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester?? Empty Re: Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester??

Post  GSDmommy Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:31 pm

hi and welcome to the board... thanks for joining! cheers

re. weight gain, there seems to be quite a range of experiences among the posters, from losing a fair amount to gaining steadily. no one has posted that their doctor is worried or directing them to do things differently, and the docs are more focused on things like blood pressure, etc., so i'd venture to say you're probably fine and since you're eating healthier now, your weight is probably evening out now before gaining more in 3rd trimester. see "weight gain" thread below for some recent pertinent posts.

since your loss seemed to happen pretty quickly, be sure its not loss of water, and that you are well hydrated and not eating/drinking too many things like asparagus/coffee/tea that are diuretics or sweating and not replacing fluids. make sure your urine is not dark colored... if so, drink lots of water. dehydration is very bad when preggo!!

cheers,
Amy
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester?? Empty Re: Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester??

Post  LGTWifey Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:52 pm

My weight has been all over the place, it was highest at 12W and has been dropping since then, I was up 5lbs at 12W and now I am only up 3lbs total based on OB appointments, but according to my scale I've dropped another lb, so we shall see what the scale says on Tuesday (for my 20W U/S)

Everyone is different, weight is one of those things that is impossible to compare...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester?? Empty Losing/maintaining weight during 2nd trimester??

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Well, I am in the same boat for the most part. I gained 10 pounds my first 13 weeks and I am now 9 weeks 4 days and still have only gained 10 pounds. So for almost 7 weeks I haven't gained anything. I wouldn't worry until your doctor mentions it.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  shannonrip Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:54 pm

From what my doc said and what other ladies say their doc said, as long as you're eating and not actively "dieting" or trying to cut calories, you should be fine. I've lost 5 pounds since my first appointment at 8 weeks and I've been eating when I'm hungry but my appetite has completely changed so I don't crave the junk foods I used to love.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, your baby will take what s/he needs before you get anything anyway. Smile
shannonrip
shannonrip

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:05 pm

I gained 10 pounds between finding out at 4 weeks and going to my first midwife appt at 8. Since then, I've gained nothing. I was working out 4 times a week during that first period, and not at all since (m/s). Just goes to show you that exercising during pregnancy is just something people recommend so that you have one more thing to feel guilty about! Wink
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down