March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Apt. yesterday....the end is near :)

4 posters

Go down

Dr. Apt. yesterday....the end is near :) Empty Dr. Apt. yesterday....the end is near :)

Post  curls82 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm

We went for our weekly apt and NST yesterday and Jorja May is doing great! Her little heart was super reactive so we're still not seeing any negative effects from the cord being around her neck. I was 37 weeks yesterday so my dr. said he'd let me have the baby now if I went into labor on my own. He asked me if I wanted my membranes stripped and I was like YES....do whatever you can to get this baby out ASAP! So he did and it wasn't bad at all. I mean it was a little uncomfortable but nothing painful. I had it done w/ Sylvi at the hospital and had her that night so I'm hoping this little one is one her way. I'm dialated to a 2 but I know that doesn't really mean anything. I could stay there for weeks but I'm choosing to look at it as a positive thing Smile since I wasn't dialated at all last week. My dr. said at this point, it looks like she could be arriving any day now...literally. So he told me to take long walks every day, have lots of sex, and eat Mexican food. I went to the Y yesterday after my apt and walked 2 miles and then Sylvi and I went this morning and I walked 2 miles again. May go back tonight. DH and I had sex on Sunday so I'm going to try to muster up enough energy to do it again ASAP. haha. We'll see if any of it works. I'm really not contracting any more than I have been the past 2 months when I was on the medicine for preterm labor but I'm hoping that it all picks up soon. My dr. went ahead and scheduled my induction for March 16th (2 weeks from yesterday) just in case she hasn't arrived by then. We're supposed to be at the hospital at 8 am. I'll be 39 weeks on that day and they don't want me to go any further than that since we know the cord is still there and poses such a great risk to the baby. So, I'm hoping to have her today...hahah....soon, but even if she decides to be stubborn it's nice to know that she'll be here in less than 2 weeks for sure!! WOW, I can't believe the end is near!
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Dr. Apt. yesterday....the end is near :) Empty Re: Dr. Apt. yesterday....the end is near :)

Post  armywife1203 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 pm

It is great to hear that she is not having any negitive affects from the cord being around her neck, that must be such a relief. I will keep my fingers crossed that the membrane stripping and walking will do the trick to get her to come sooner then later. Please keep us posted!
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Dr. Apt. yesterday....the end is near :) Empty Re: Dr. Apt. yesterday....the end is near :)

Post  EveD2009 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Yay! Good news then. Glad to hear your baby is doing well still! I hope the walking and sex works for ya:)

So stripping your membranes doesn't hurt too bad? Is it different than being checked for dilation? I mean doesn't it mean they have to go in further? I was told today I would be getting it done on Tuesday, but I have no idea what to expect, and my appt today about made me sick. Hurt so bad! I'm probably a baby though lol.
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Post  curls82 Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:36 pm

EveD2009 wrote:Yay! Good news then. Glad to hear your baby is doing well still! I hope the walking and sex works for ya:)

So stripping your membranes doesn't hurt too bad? Is it different than being checked for dilation? I mean doesn't it mean they have to go in further? I was told today I would be getting it done on Tuesday, but I have no idea what to expect, and my appt today about made me sick. Hurt so bad! I'm probably a baby though lol.

Hey girl. Like I said, I've had my membranes stripped 2x now...once w/ my first baby and then yesterday and I didn't think it "hurt" either time. Sure it was very uncomfortable, but not painful. But I've been getting checked for dialation every week since Christmas so I'm used to the internal exams by now. Getting your membranes stripped is like checking for dialation but like you said, they have to go in further and it's a little....rougher (I guess that's the best way to describe it. Because once they get inside and where they need to be, they kinda run their finger in a circle/ circular motion while up inside seperating your bag of water from your cervix. So yeah, it's more invasive than just sticking a finger in to see if your dialated, but it's over in seconds and I just shut my eyes and bear it. I was crampy all day yesterday and it can cause bleeding....I was just a little spotty. But hey, if it works, it'll be well worth it. I wouldn't stress about it to much. I hope you have a good experience w/ it like I have. But like you said, you may just have a low pain tolerance if your normal internal exams are "hurting so bad they make you sick". Just keep the end in mind...hopefully this procedure will bring your little one into the world sooner than later. Keep me updated!!
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:17 am

Yea for a great appt! I'm so happy to hear that her cord issues are not effecting her. How exciting that the end is now in sight for you. I hope the walking, sex, and membrane stripping work for you and you can deliver without being induced.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down