March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Leigh!

+26
alliphillips
dsdavin
stair70
GSDmommy
can'twaittobeamommy
alnaday
MsButterfli
EveD2009
MillerWifey
Mom to Boo-Rae
ldw1193
aquaopal
Jillian21180
lisa_m
SequoiaAutumn
mini*van*mama
mrskizzee
GAMommy
daj72705
armywife1203
o4seasmom
Karen
JeniDwy
JenniVange
obxstefany
SarinasLilAddition
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Update on Leigh! - Page 4 Empty Re: Update on Leigh!

Post  SequoiaAutumn Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 pm

Im glad that she is doing well and your also recovering. What happened? Do they have any idea what causes this? What is it exactly that she has wrong with her? Poor thing! Sad Hopefully this hurdle will be over with soon and you can take her home.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm so happy to hear that little Avery is staying so strong! We've all been thinking of you and hoping for good news. How are you feeling? Are you doing ok?
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Leigh...I am so glad that you are both doing well. I am sorry that you can't hold her yet. I hope that happens soon. That is so cute that she attacks her paci and kicks. She sounds like a very strong baby!
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Post  curls82 Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Leigh, I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. But we are all praying for baby Avery and trusting that she'll be in your arms safe and sound in no time. I know you're already doing this (just based on your update) but try to remind yourself of all that is right w/ her rather than what is or could be wrong. She's big and strong and alert and it sounds like the staff is really on top of things and knows what's going on w/ her. I can't imagine going home w/out her....all of these scenarios have been playing in my mind since my preterm labor and Jorja's cord all the way back in Dec. and I never knew how I'd be able to handle leaving her in the hospital if I had to. But just remember, this is only for a short time and before you know it she'll be screaming and pooping and keeping you up at night in your own home and this will all just be party of her birth story. Keep us updated girl and stay strong.
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Glad to hear that Miss Avery is doing better! Hope this continues!!! Stay strong and you will all be in our prayers!!!

((Hugs)) I love you
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 pm

As everyone has said, we are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to hold her soon and I can't wait to see pics of her.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  stair70 Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:52 pm

I will be keeping Avery in my prayers. I hope you are feeling well. Please keep us updated on everything.
Andrea
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Thanks for the update and I hope Avery keeps getting better. It sounds like this may just be a minor setback and that you'll have her home in no time. That's what I'm hoping for!!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 pm

I am glad to hear she is fighting and doing well. How are you feeling Leigh?
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks again ladies for your thoughts and prayers...

As for how I am feeling, its strange...labor was much easier this time, but I feel like a truck has hit me, I am guessing its more the emotional stuff thats getting to me now. I am exhausted, mostly because I haven't slept since I woke up yesterday morning, I am hoping to sleep tonight since she had a pretty good day. I really can't complain, I was up and walking around just a few hours after she was born and my "region" while swollen feels pretty good, bleeding isn't heavy at all...

As for how this happened, they said it "Just Happens" and they can't predict it. Fluid in her lungs and slight infection are all related to the flap being open so they tell me. We should know more tomorrow or Friday...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:51 pm

We are thinking about your family. Can't wait to see pictures too. She has alot of "aunts" that can't wait to see her and hear that she is home with her family.

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:57 pm

LGTWifey wrote:Thanks again ladies for your thoughts and prayers...

As for how I am feeling, its strange...labor was much easier this time, but I feel like a truck has hit me, I am guessing its more the emotional stuff thats getting to me now. I am exhausted, mostly because I haven't slept since I woke up yesterday morning, I am hoping to sleep tonight since she had a pretty good day. I really can't complain, I was up and walking around just a few hours after she was born and my "region" while swollen feels pretty good, bleeding isn't heavy at all...

As for how this happened, they said it "Just Happens" and they can't predict it. Fluid in her lungs and slight infection are all related to the flap being open so they tell me. We should know more tomorrow or Friday...

im sure she will be better in no time.. keeping her in our thought I love you
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:24 pm

glad to hear positive news, i'll continue to think of her until she is home safe w/ her mom dad and big sis
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 am

We are hoping to hold her this morning at 9am while she "eats" through her tube. I went to see her this morning at 4:30 when I couldn't sleep, she was finally swaddled (she had been naked before, in just a diaper), so she looked more like a "healthy" little baby. She did have an IV in her head (they prepared me for it though).

It was tough, we went to visit her last night at 8:30 and they were trying to move her IV, I couldn't listen to her cry, they asked us to leave because it would be too stressful for us to see her in that much pain, so we went back at 9 but they were closed because they were admitting a new patient, and they don't allow other parents in at that time, so we didn't get to see her last night as planned, so when I woke up at 4 I snuck down there to see her, it was good timing, it was super quiet, and she was just looking around...I can't wait to hold her.

Her NICU Nurse last night doesn't seem to think she will be ready to go home anytime soon...so Monday appears to be too aggressive, so we are going to take it one day at a time. Brad and I are being discharged today, they don't have a single open bed for us, this place is a zoo.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

Well I really hope you get to hold her today. I'll be thinking about you today.

lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 am

Good luck today Leigh. I hope you get to hold her!!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 am

I am so sorry you have to leave. I just wanted to say again I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get good news soon.
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 am

You all are still in my thoughts. I hope you get to hold your princess today. I'm so sorry you all are going through this. I love you
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Leigh.. Im so sad for the two of you. Hopefully you get to hold her today. We anticipate the entire 9mths what THE DAY is going to be like.. but never are we prepared to handle something like this. My first child's lungs collapsed at birth and he had to stay one extra day but was transported to another hospital. I didnt see or hold him till he was 3 days old. He came home on the 4th day.

Hugs

Cant wait to see pictures.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4