March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leigh, You would be so proud of me!

+6
lisa_m
SarinasLilAddition
armywife1203
GSDmommy
obxstefany
SequoiaAutumn
10 posters

Go down

Leigh, You would be so proud of me! Empty Leigh, You would be so proud of me!

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 am

Sequoia is not the quietest baby in the bunch. She is fussy a lot. Last night I caved in... I was soo tired I was dizzy! The nurse came in and asked if I wanted her to take Sequoia to the nursery to be weighed. I desperatly said, Yes PLEASE! She asked if I wanted her to keep her for a while so I could rest... and suppliment her! I said YES YES to both! OMG I have never given my babies to the nursery.. let alone a bottle of formula! I watched ER the other night..so those who did understands this... I cut the bed tag off last night! (meaning, I accepted change)

I thought of you, Leigh! I woke up at 7:15 am this morning, im still tired but I feel so much better. I think I slept 5hrs straight! cheers

Thanks for the inspirations!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Leigh, You would be so proud of me! Empty Re: Leigh, You would be so proud of me!

Post  obxstefany Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

Ahhh...good for you for getting some rest April! The nurse came in and asked if I wanted Alyssa at the nursery while I was in the hospital, because the night before, I got NO sleep. I said yes but was hesitant. I got to sleep 6 hours and it was GREAT! I did wake up once in that time, walk down to see if they wanted me to take her...they said NO..go sleep, so I did! It was wonderful! Take advantage of that while you can!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Leigh, You would be so proud of me! Empty Re: Leigh, You would be so proud of me!

Post  GSDmommy Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 am

good for you, April... that's great that you took care of yourself and got some rest. you will be able to cope much better with some sleep under your belt! Very Happy
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm so glad you were able to get some rest! The hospital where I'll be delivering doesn't even have a nursery so I'm sure I'll be envious of your ability to be able to get a little break.
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:40 pm

WooHoo for getting some rest! I'm a first timer so I'm silly and I dont think I'll want her out of my sight for a second.. maybe eventually I'll loosen up like I need to..lmao.
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Christine, our hospital doesn't have a nursery either. I've heard the nurses will offer to take babies to their station (right outside the door - the rooms are all in a circle), but I can't imagine I'll want that the first night. I'm sure after a week I'll be wishing that was an option, but I'm counting on adrenaline the first few days and nights!

And good for you, April. A bottle or two of formula isn't going to do anything to jeopardize your wish to BF, and it'll give you some extra energy to deal with your fussy girl. I hope she calms down soon! Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm glad you decided to let them take her and supplement, and that you ended up happy with your decision! I've done that every time, and plan on doing it again. The one or two nights in the hospital, with someone else to help out, I take advantage of.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Good Girl!!! I am glad that you got some sleep, and with the full house you have at home I bet a hospital was "quiet" to you. We had a corner room, DH called in a favor since he sells furniture to the hospital all the time, and it was so quiet outside our room, the closest nurses station was down the hall, so we were able to sleep. WHY people come in at 5am to take blood is beyond me, but at least this time I expected it. It was tough not having Avery with us in the room at all, and looking back I wish I would have slept more, but the time flew by, between running back and forth to the NICU that I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked to. And at our hospital the beds at LD&R beds, so the end breaks down for delivery and they snap it back on for recovery and the rest of your stay, so there is a huge BUMP right where my butt was, so it wasn't comfy at all, but when they moved us Thursday morning to our "closet" of a room, so we could be closer to the NICU and because they were overcrowded, the bed was HEAVEN, since they moved us at 5:30am, DH and I curled into the bed together and slept for for a few hours...it was great.

Lisa and Christine - please don't take this the wrong way, and I say this with nothing but love in my tone Smile What the heck do you mean your hospital doesn't have a Nursery? Laughing Where do they take the babies to have the doctors examine them? Do all the tests? Give them a bath? Monitor them if they are sick?

April I hope your first night at home goes well...we are getting better every night...or I should say Avery and I are, Brad hasn't taken a feeding during the night yet! HA.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:12 pm

LGTWifey wrote:Lisa and Christine - please don't take this the wrong way, and I say this with nothing but love in my tone Smile What the heck do you mean your hospital doesn't have a Nursery? Laughing Where do they take the babies to have the doctors examine them? Do all the tests? Give them a bath? Monitor them if they are sick?

Haha...they technically have a nursery in case of trouble, but it's not somewhere you can send your baby. They have a "room-in" policy, and do all the testing and cleaning and everything in the birth suites. The nursery is only used for trouble and circumcisions.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrskizzee Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:21 am

I'm glad you were able to sleep April! At first I didn't want to send Ronin to the nursery either but that first night I got NO sleep. The 2nd night he was up crying and I think my nurse on duty felt sorry for me so she came in and asked if I waned her to take him and like you I said YES PLEASE!!! I did ask that when he woke up to eat that she bring him back so I can and I slept for a good 3-4 hours and I felt soooo much better. Take advantage of that nursery! Very Happy
mrskizzee
mrskizzee

http://www.myspace.com/themrskizzee

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 am

Dont you love those every two to four hour BP checks and random questions about babys BM's....God I hate the hospital soooo much. They really are not new mom friendly at all...and then they expect you to fill out all those papers after they have deprived you of so much sleep...Im really suprised I spelled Uriah's name correctly LOL
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:24 am

PonyDoodleButt wrote:Dont you love those every two to four hour BP checks and random questions about babys BM's....God I hate the hospital soooo much. They really are not new mom friendly at all...and then they expect you to fill out all those papers after they have deprived you of so much sleep...Im really suprised I spelled Uriah's name correctly LOL

I had to fill out paperwork after delivery while I was still drugged, exhausted, hungry and my emotions were crazy. Thank goodness our hospital let me sleep and didn't bother me with questions and checks.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:41 pm

They did have a lot of annoying paper work. This one paper they wanted me to fill out i flat out refused. They wanted me to jot down when she ate, for how long, on both sides or one, wet or poopy diapers, slept awake for fussy. It was stupid! maybe it would be fine for a ftm but not someone with a ton of kids and experience. Sometimes they are so rediculous at the hospital. they had me filling out this paper and that.. oh funny story.... I filled out the birth certificate... FORGOT to write her name on it! LOL The lady was nice and told me it happens 90% of the time. Dur April!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down