March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check with your hospitals

5 posters

Go down

Check with your hospitals Empty Check with your hospitals

Post  mini*van*mama Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:07 pm

So at the OB yesterday they had signs posted all over the office about the flu and L&D.

Mine said effective:

Jan 1st no child under the age of 14 allowed in (except for sib's)
Feb 1st no child under the age of 14 allowed in (except for sib's with written proof from there Dr they had a flu shot at least 2 weeks prior)

Mine did not say when the "ban" would be lifted. All I found online was flu season ran from Nov-March. Out of my 3 kids only Caitlin got the flu shot because they canceled Jared and Dylan since they ran out. Our office always runs out. So now I am guessing I need to find a way to get them the shot.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Check with your hospitals Empty Re: Check with your hospitals

Post  daj72705 Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:10 pm

That is a rule at my hospital regardless. No one under 14 unless they are siblings. I will have some upset nieces and nephews who aren't allowed to visit.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:18 pm

At my hospital they have the under 14 rule, but they don't say anything to you if you bring younger kids in. I guess because the assume it could be somebody bringing someones kids in.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:15 pm

I did not even think of this! I have so many friends and family with small children who will want to visit while I am in the hospital. I better check out the rules.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Our hospital has a "No children under 12, unless siblings rule." My Miss Peanut of a niece just turned 4 and is going to be very disappointed.. but we've tried to explain it to her. She can still see Rina (me), in the maternity lobby w/ the chairs, couches, game table... without Aniras.. and she can still see Aniras through the nursery window. And that we will both be home in just a few short days so she can come cuddle the baby once we are home. Hopefully she will be OK. But I know how upset she is going to be when it comes right down to it.

I understand the reasons for the precautions, just stinks having to disappoint my Peanut Sad
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:13 pm

I am guessing my hospital has the same rules (because it seems to be the norm), but they didn't say a thing to me about it when I had Olivia and all of my friends brought their infants in...however it was JULY, so maybe the rule only applies during Flu Season?
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down