March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone else obsessed with their baby registry????

+7
lisa_m
dominicsmamma
JeniDwy
Jillian21180
alnaday
mrskizzee
obxstefany
11 posters

Go down

Is anyone else obsessed with their baby registry???? Empty Is anyone else obsessed with their baby registry????

Post  obxstefany Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:16 am

I am obsessed with my baby registry! I am like a crazy woman checking it everyday. I have a baby shower coming up this weekend and I look at it everyday to see what has been purchased. I know....that takes all the fun away! I am just curious if I am the only deranged woman doing this???
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else obsessed with their baby registry???? Empty Re: Is anyone else obsessed with their baby registry????

Post  mrskizzee Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:40 am

I'm right there with ya! My shower is this weekend too and I'm constantly looking at my registry. I can't wait till Saturday, I'm so EXCITED!!!
mrskizzee
mrskizzee

http://www.myspace.com/themrskizzee

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else obsessed with their baby registry???? Empty Re: Is anyone else obsessed with their baby registry????

Post  alnaday Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:44 pm

I looked all the time, but I tried my hardest not to look the last week as I did want to be surprised. I also still look over my registry to see what else I need and if anyone bought anything after.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:51 pm

No., u are so normal.
with my second I made a regisrty, I was checking it alot. and turned out my friend made a regisrty in her name with everything I put on mine, and told people to look up her name... so I wouldn't see items being bought. Lil sneek!! haha

this time I did make one, I know my friends are having a very small sprinkle, like a lunch with a few gifts for baby. But I mainly made th regisrty so I could get the % off.
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm

I think it's absolutely normal. I look, but only at the top to see if anything's gone missing. I don't look at what actually has been purchased. Good luck with your shower. Mine's this weekend too. I can't wait until I can finish filling the drawers and closets!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dominicsmamma Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:43 pm

My shower is on Saturday and we have about 70 people who have rsvp'd, and the ones that can't come have purchased gifts and are sending them with people so I keep thinking about what I am going to get. I am having a girl and I know that I will get a ton of clothes but when I look on the two different ones and see some of the other stuff being purchased that just makes me feel even better. I check mine in the morning and then again at night, but for as many people that are coming I have to say not that many items have been purchased. Also, I know how my family is... they know how I am and won't have it marked off the registry and they will just give me the gift receipt... I HATE surprises!! So, it is my fault!!! Laughing lol!
dominicsmamma
dominicsmamma

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:49 pm

My invites went out Monday, so I promised myself I wouldn't look until after my shower on 2/22. But then about an hour later, I started checking. Laughing

I'm going to try not to check any more, but it's hard. Also, the invite we got didn't have my registry info on it, so I'm not sure if we got a souvenir copy or if none of them had it, but the hostess said that our registry and blog info would be included. I don't want to ask but I am definitely curious!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Lisa I would ask. My sister sent out my invites and I had a friend email me asking me if I registered anywhere. My sister forgot to put that info on the invites. Thankfully I had given her email addresses for everywhere and she emailed them.

I too keep checking my registry. Not many items have been purchased yet. My shower is mainly going to be family. All of my friends live to far away.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 pm

dominicsmamma wrote:My shower is on Saturday and we have about 70 people who have rsvp'd, and the ones that can't come have purchased gifts and are sending them with people so I keep thinking about what I am going to get. I am having a girl and I know that I will get a ton of clothes but when I look on the two different ones and see some of the other stuff being purchased that just makes me feel even better. I check mine in the morning and then again at night, but for as many people that are coming I have to say not that many items have been purchased. Also, I know how my family is... they know how I am and won't have it marked off the registry and they will just give me the gift receipt... I HATE surprises!! So, it is my fault!!! Laughing lol!

70 people! HOLY MAMA!!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 pm

So I have been checking my registry because my shower is tomorrow with my family. I just found out that babiesrus hasn't updated my registry at all. My sisters have bought stuff and the registry doesn't show this. I guess worse case I will be returning stuff if there are any duplicates.

Anyone else have this problem?
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:26 pm

My dad sent me two things from our registry months ago, but they never showed as purchased on the registry. I had to update it myself. One other thing that was purchased for us did show though. All three things were bought online, so I'm not sure what happened. But you're not alone, Dee.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:55 pm

So I guess it must be a babiesrus issue. After my shower I think I will say something to them, especially if I receive duplicates. One of my sisters ordered online and my other sister bought stuff in the store.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Yeah its actually happened to me with both Target (with Olivia) and Babies R Us (this time around), I swear I have received 4 of the same thing.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:13 pm

I only made one so i can buy what i need with the discount. I made my cart but when i got the virus issue i never finished the order. Target is having a good baby sale till the 9th i think. I might finish my order tonight. I want my summer video monitor and angel care monitor and a few other odds and ends. I think my order after discounts and stuff came to $279 ouch! Oh well!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down