March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice on how to 'announce' baby registry

3 posters

Go down

Need advice on how to 'announce' baby registry Empty Need advice on how to 'announce' baby registry

Post  coppertopz Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Ladies, this is my first baby. I have friends scattered all over the country so there won't be a traditional baby shower that everyone attends. My team from my last job (laid off in August) threw me an impromptu baby shower a few weeks ago and we ended up with several gifts that aren't usuable (and no gift receipts) so (and I hate to sound greedy) it can be a waste. The intention is there and we are grateful for that, but we are donating the stuff without them knowing it.

My conundrum is that I feel 'weird' sending out an email saying, "here's my baby registry - please get us something." although we really need all the help we can get since I'm unemployed and my hubby's income took a hit due to the economy, but everyone is hurting now.

Usually registry info accompanies a baby shower announcement, but there won't be one.

Does anyone have a creative suggestions on how to get the word out about our registry so that those who are able to help us out can and also to get us what we need and not a bunch of stuff we don't?

I was thinking of asking my BFF to send out the announcement on our behalf.. I'm just not sure. Its such a weird time.

Thanks for listening and thank you for any input!

Lisa

coppertopz

Back to top Go down

Need advice on how to 'announce' baby registry Empty Re: Need advice on how to 'announce' baby registry

Post  LGTWifey Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:22 pm

I am not an expert here, but I would recommend going the BF route, having her spread the news, and have your DH pass it along to your MIL and have your Mom pass it along to your family the word will eventually get out there. Some people are smart enough to check the big stores, like Target, Wal-Mart and Babies R US on their own, but ya never know.

What types of gifts did you get that you can't use? Could you try and take it back to Wal-Mart for a store credit, they don't need a receipt. Or do you have second hand baby stores near you, where you could take it and get money for it?
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Need advice on how to 'announce' baby registry Empty Re: Need advice on how to 'announce' baby registry

Post  ldw1193 Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 pm

I agree.... I would just let the moms knows and let your friends know and the word will get out.

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  coppertopz Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:48 pm

thank you for your feedback ladies!

coppertopz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down