March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over?

+6
motherof2_0204
ummzainul
lisa_m
GSDmommy
kboogie
Karri_B
10 posters

Go down

Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over? Empty Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over?

Post  Karri_B Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:26 pm

scratch
Karri_B
Karri_B

Back to top Go down

Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over? Empty Re: Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over?

Post  kboogie Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:29 pm

I was not an Earthly Birth Mom on the other board..but i would join you if you make a usergroup for them over here. I always wanted to join..but there were always like 80+ unread posts..and i didnt have time to catch up on that.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over? Empty Re: Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over?

Post  GSDmommy Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 pm

me too... i think i'm a candidate flower
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:18 pm

Earthy Birthy is drug-free delivery, right? I'm a FTM, but I'm totally trying it natural. I HATE needles, and the thought of a huge one in my spine just doesn't seem worth it to me. I also didn't join on OBBC because it was too much to read through, but I'm interested here.

Lisa
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:35 pm

as I understand it, yes, drug-free (if possible... no guarantees from me!), but also having the mindset of supporting or practicing various things like breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering, home births, environmentally-conscious baby-raising. some mommies are whole-hog earthy-birthy, others may pick and choose what works for them. I am probably in the latter group... very interested in babywearing, for example, after seeing a post on OBBC talking about a particular product, but also fully intending to get a travel system and a couple strollers. I love the idea of cloth diapering, and plan to try it, but won't know until I have real-world experience if it will work exclusively for us.
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  ummzainul Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:18 pm

[i]hi vbac mom here ill breastfeed but thats about as earthy as i get i hope we can all have fun here to
ummzainul
ummzainul

Back to top Go down

Post  motherof2_0204 Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:54 pm

I am trying for a VBAC I have to drive 1 hour though for all my appointments. The doctors and hospitals in my area don't do VBAC which sucks. Sad
motherof2_0204
motherof2_0204

Back to top Go down

Post  Karri_B Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm

motherof2_0204 wrote:I am trying for a VBAC I have to drive 1 hour though for all my appointments. The doctors and hospitals in my area don't do VBAC which sucks. Sad

I have to drive an hour as well. I say it's all worth it to get the care you need AND deserve. I am seeing an awesome MW for my VBA2C.
Karri_B
Karri_B

Back to top Go down

Post  motherof2_0204 Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 pm

The only thing that bothers me about driving 1 hour is all the time I will be missing alot from work. I'm high risk and now the doctor I'm seeing in my town sees me every two weeks. I think they are just scared of my condition. I was born with 2 uterus and I had one taken out, the one that I have now is half the size of a normal uterus. The doctor that performed my surgery I saw him for my first child and he didn't consider me high risk. Sometimes I think they are milking my insurance but I go anyway just to be on the safe side.

Also I work for a hospital, but the hospital I work at doesn't do VBAC's. So my co-workers are always like "why aren't you having the baby here". I wan't to snap but I try to keep my cool. The hospital I'm having my baby at is also a competitor (SP) of the hospital I work at now so I think that also has something to do with it but oh well, this is my last child and I want to delivery how and where I want to.
motherof2_0204
motherof2_0204

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 pm

I would like to join in. I am interested in cloth diapers if anyone has advice. I heard about gdiapers and am wondering if they work well. I am a middle of the road earthy girl. I want to help the environment and make healthy choices for my family.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Hey!!
If Earthy Birthy is Natural -- drug-free delivery--- then I'd like to join in! scratch Question
I don't knw if we can do the cloth diapers, I'd like to ... maybe but is it more expensive??? a how does is work? Question
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over? Empty Earthy Birthy mama to be jumping over from OBBC

Post  coppertopz Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:37 pm

I made it! Still planning on drug-free birth, practicing yoga and using a doula.

yay!

coppertopz

Back to top Go down

Did any Earthy Birthy Moms or VBAC moms make it over? Empty In every way but one

Post  TechieMom Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 pm

I have been told by my doctor that I will probably not be able to deliver without an epidural because I have a spinal injury from a car accident, and am already in pain all the time (although I do intend to try.) But apart from that, I am totally earthy. I plan to cloth diaper, wear my baby, etc. It fits in with the rest of my life, as I am already committed to the three R's.

Someone asked about the expense of cloth diapers. It is more expensive at the outset, when you buy all the supplies, but it is far less expensive over the long term, as you have to keep buying (and buying and buying) disposable diapers to throw away.

I would love to have a special forum for those of us that place a great value on the world we are leaving behind to our children.

Shannon sunny
TechieMom
TechieMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down