March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am looking for a baby book

+4
SarinasLilAddition
ldw1193
Karen
daj72705
8 posters

Go down

I am looking for a baby book Empty I am looking for a baby book

Post  daj72705 Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:13 pm

and found this at walmart online

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10242276

Does anyone have a baby book that they love! My mom bought me a scrapbook for the baby but I also want a baby book that I can write in about current events, family tree etc. Any suggestions on books?

Thanks,
Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

I am looking for a baby book Empty Re: I am looking for a baby book

Post  Karen Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:23 pm

That's a cute baby book!

Friday when I was out shopping, I checked at Hallmark. I found both a boy and a girl one that I liked, but their return policy is 30 days and that is cutting it too close for me. Esp since this store was in a mall 30 min away. I'm going to check the Hallmark here in town to see if they have the same ones, much easier to return the color I won't need!

I want Hallmark because the other 4 kids have one from there, and these are the 3 ring binder style, so I want this baby's book to somewhat match. I have all the books on display on a bookcase in our bedroom. Unfortunately, they are highway robbery at $38 each.

Try to get your book soon so you can take it to the hospital with you. Some of the books have a space for footprints in them. When I had Connor's book with me (just for visitors to sign) the nurse saw it on the table and offered to footprint Connor for me. I didn't think to ask and am glad she offered!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:28 pm

That is the baby book I got last night for Caleb!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Thanks for the info Karen. I wonder how long it would take to get here if I order it from Walmart. HHHMMMM.....
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Lacie,
Did you find it in the store? And was it the same price as the online one? I am looking now to see if they have them in the store here.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:34 pm

Site to Store is free, but now they make it take longer to get there. I used to get things in just a few days. Now they have this option to pay to get it in half the time. Well, kind of defeats the purpose of free shipping then. They have made the time much longer now to keep it free. I've ordered twice in the last 2 months, both times took about 1.5 weeks to get in. So if you do order one, you should probably have it shipped to your house and just pay the s&h this time.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Yes I got it from the store. I THINK it was the same price?! I don't remember really, because we also got a PNP and a couple other things fro mthe baby dept.

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Ok, good to know. The website is saying the book is in stock but my DH is saying that that is not always accurate. So I think I will probably just order it and have it shipped here to the house. Keep your fingers crossed it gets here in time.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Order today so it gets sent out tomorrow. Make sure to check your shipping times when deciding how to have it sent. You may want to pay the priority rate vs standard shipping.

Are you staying in the hospital for 2 days? If so, worst case scenario, the book gets here on the 26th and dh has to bring it to the hospital on the 27th.

I know you said you live a little ways away from Walmart, but do you know anyone who lives near one and can buy it for you and bring it to you when they come to visit? That would be a good job for a family member!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:25 pm

I am debating whether or not just to order today and like you said they can process the order tomorrow and hopefully ship it out. My family lives in the opposite direction of walmart. I can't wait for them to build the new Walmart near me.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:55 pm

I got my Baby Book from Babies R Us.. it's made by Pepper Pot.. I'm absolutely in love with it. It's light green & orange with white polkadots and a little Pea in the Pod on the front. It took me MONTHS to find one that I was set on. It wasn't very cheap, but worth every penny for us.

I also got a "Grandmas Brag Book" to match the baby book.. Smile
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:11 pm

SarinasLilAddition wrote:I got my Baby Book from Babies R Us.. it's made by Pepper Pot.. I'm absolutely in love with it. It's light green & orange with white polkadots and a little Pea in the Pod on the front. It took me MONTHS to find one that I was set on. It wasn't very cheap, but worth every penny for us.

I also got a "Grandmas Brag Book" to match the baby book.. Smile

I have a photo album and we looking for the baby book to match and could never found it. Crying or Very sad BUT... it's okay!! I LOVE it and it SO cute!!!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:01 pm

I hope that someone gives me a baby book for my shower next weekend. When my son was born I was given three. Now I have no idea where the other two are (seven years and two houses later).
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:42 pm

I bought one for Ava and never used it. I'm SO bad at keeping up with things like that. I spent a fortune on it too...my DH wasn't pleased Mad Anyway, instead I've done an "online" baby book. My plan is to keep it up until she's around 5 and then print everything out and put it in a nice binder. Plus, I have a keepsake box for her that has everything from her footprints to her christening gown to her coming home outfit in it. Journaling online has worked better for me. Just an idea :-) Here's the link to my page...

www.thezopfs.com
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 am

I found ours at Babies R Us, and like Sarina said, it took me FOREVER to find one I liked, but I LOVE it. I have already filled it all out, I just need to pack it (Thanks Karen for the suggestion, I was wondering how to get footprints in the book without making a mess at home). I liked Olivia's, but I like this one better, finally something better for this poor second child who is getting the short end of every stick compared to Olivia...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:09 am

Don't forget to have whoever comes to visit you sign the "visitors" page of the book.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:54 am

Do you ladies think it's too early for me to fill out "When you were born..." section? With the prices of a newspaper, a gallon of milk, gallon of gas, etc?? With everything in the economy fluctuating so much, who knows if things will drastically change in a months time... or do you think it's ok to do it now??
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 pm

I would maybe wait on the gas and milk price, but that's just me. I know that both of them are the main ones that are up and down.
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:44 pm

I also got one made by pepper pot at babies r us. It was $20, but money well spent. I like that it came with a box to protect it. I started filling it out yesterday and I started to fill out the "when I was born" part already. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun there, but I don't imagine it will change more then a few cents over the next few weeks. I actually cut pieces of paper out that are about the size of the footprint and handprint circles and just packed those in my hospital bag. I didn't want to have to tote the whole book.
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Well, I decided to look at the book at the store today and I really like it. They only have the girl one so I got it and will have to check one other Walmart for the boy one before ordering it online. It is so thin next to the Hallmark 3 ring binder style ones on my bookcase, but oh well. I got this for $12 something, the Hallmark ones were 3 times that amount at $38 and I've spent so much money on this baby that I decided to just get these.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm

I ordered the book yesterday so I hope it comes in time. Lacie sent me a few pics of the book so I can get started on filling it out. Jeni you had a good idea too to bring paper with me to have them put the footprints on that. I was wondering too, the footprint papers they put in the bassinet at the hospital that could be put in the book too?

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down