March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming Home Outfit for Us? AND small venting session...

+6
mini*van*mama
MsButterfli
dsdavin
SarinasLilAddition
SequoiaAutumn
LGTWifey
10 posters

Go down

Coming Home Outfit for Us? AND small venting session... Empty Coming Home Outfit for Us? AND small venting session...

Post  LGTWifey Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:29 pm

So we put all this time and energy into our Little Ones coming home outfit, but what about us? We will be in pictures too...so what are you ladies going to wear home from the hospital?

With Olivia I just wore knit cropped pants and a t-shirt, nothing fancy and I wasn't in a single picture (you know how I am when it comes to pictures), but I WANT/NEED to be in pictures this time around, so I have to put more thought into it.

And I was just looking in our hospital bag (I haven't packed much yet, but I made DH pack this weekend) and he has packed some of my LEAST favorite t-shirts (why t-shirts, its February for crying out loud, won't he need long sleeves?), one of them is POOP colored, I HATE IT with a passion, so I made a comment and he changed it out for another T-Shirt. GOOD LORD. I can't blame him all too much, he has to wear a suit to work everyday and dresses very well during the week and when we go "out", so when he is relaxing he dresses in super comfy clothes, generally my preference too, but we need to take lots of pictures this time since we have NONE as a family with Olivia. Am I being a little too anal? Yes, probably! LOL.

And he went for a 4 hour bike ride today, yesterday during Olivia's nap he washed his bike and worked on it in the garage, and between the two days that was 100% of his free time, but he didn't do a single thing around the house. I have asked him to change the filters (the air ones all over the house) for the last two weeks, has he done it? No, of course not. I hate to nag, but I feel like he doesn't give me a choice, his behavior just begs for me to nag...I did get a pedicure yesterday, I was gone for 1 hour TOTAL, including filling up the car with gas. I just want him to use his time more wisely, get things done, help out around the house, do things the 9th time I ask, so I don't have to throw a fit and get all fired up about him being a slackass...

Okay, enough of that...my feet are starting to swell, must put them up Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Coming Home Outfit for Us? AND small venting session... Empty Re: Coming Home Outfit for Us? AND small venting session...

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 pm

I have honestly not put any thought into what i am wearing. I dont have many clothes just a few sets that were given to me. If i think about it enough im sure i can find something. hmmm Now i dont know. As for the packing..i havent even started. I did indeed buy my toiletries tonight, i have my jammies for the hospital, i bought a pack of diapers tonight finally, and i still have no idea what i am putting her in either. I have a choice between a few outfits. Most likely i will bring those few with me and decide then. I have nothing taken out of boxes, cause like you, i am afraid Grayson will be playing in them. My dh is the exact same way, btw.. he tells me im nagging.. but if he would listen the first..even second time i wouldnt have to ask him 10 times to do something.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Coming Home Outfit for Us? AND small venting session... Empty Re: Coming Home Outfit for Us? AND small venting session...

Post  SarinasLilAddition Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Ditto ladies...

My bag, for the most part is packed, but I have NO idea what I'll be wearing to come home. We have her outfit all set, but for me.. who knows. Probably something comfy but still at least half way decently cute so I dont look like a slobbo. We shall see! I dont even know what size clothes to bring with me.. I'm gonna have freakin' suitcases!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Its kinda hard to know what size you'll be in. For me i was still in maternity clothes after. I would only lose about 10-15 lbs in the hospital. I still had a 4-5 mth size belly. So maybe you can think of what you wore back then. If worse comes to worse you can have dh bring something else in for ya.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Don't get me started on the husband thing.......

I was thinking about what I was gong to wear home from the hospital the other day. A brilliant idea popped into my head. I am having a scheduled c/s, so why not pick out one outfit and then wear the same outfit home? I will only be wearing the clothing a short time before they make me change into a gown anyways. Then I won't have as much to pack or take home. I just want to be as comfortable as possible. See, I am starting to simplify my life already! Now, if I go into labor early(or my water breaks) then I will have to rethink this. But for now that is the plan.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:17 pm

Good Plan Shannon...

And same for me April, while I lost a lot of weight in the hospital (I did birth a small hippo) I was still HUGE, and puffy...and the last thing you want is something restricting...I don't have many options, so I was thinking I would have to wait to pack that outfit because I will likely be wearing one part of it at some point in the next three weeks, so it might come down to what is clean when we have to run out the door for the hospital - HA.

I guess I could throw in a bigger pre-maternity shirt, I have several that are empire waist so they won't hug to the chub...

And shoes...I am not sure what to do about shoes, because I was SUPER swollen in the hospital with Olivia, and I mean swollen like I had never seen before, the nurses said its super natural because your body doesn't need all the extra fluid anymore so it tries to get rid of it, so it goes to your hands and feet, so I can' timagine having to put on tight shoes with how swollen I was with Olivia, she was a summer baby so I was able to wear flip flops home. Furry Crocs is a good option, I will make sure I put those in, or maybe if I can plan what I wear TO the hospital I will wear Maternity Jeans (so I can just wear this home too, good idea Shannon) and will wear the Furry Crocs as well...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  MsButterfli Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:57 pm

old navy had the velour sweatsuits on sale today and i picked up a few items 3 pants and one full outfit. its a soft pink one since lil mama's outfit is pink and chocolate Smile
MsButterfli
MsButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:32 pm

I will be wearing gray jammie pants and my white preggo shirt. Clothes I could care less what I am wearing. I want to be comfy and nothing tight to show my big ass pad from the front and the back when I walk.

Now my makeup will be done and my hair will look nice, and thats all I care about.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:40 pm

OMG Jamie that is funny...my sister told me the other day to make sure I don't wear anything tight because she said you don't want to look like you have a pad ass......lol

Sorry your post made me laugh.....
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:44 pm

Thats a good point, I could control the pictures, do a chest up shot, so just a normal shirt and hair and make up...good thinking.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:40 pm

I forgot about the pads!!!!! I better buys some soon so my husband doesn't have to do it. FTM's buy plenty of heavy duty pads. You will bleed for a while and you will feel like you are wearing a diaper for weeks on end!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I bought some already so I wouldn't have to send my DH out to get them. I also have breast pads and witch hazel if needed. I can see my DH now trying to pick out those things. Plus I am hoping to get a bunch of the big pads from the hospital. I told my DH when he leaves the hospital at night that he better be taking home a bag full of stuff.....lol.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:31 pm

I just found my box of stuff from Olivia and I still have packages of pads I took from the hospital - LOL. Jackpot.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 pm

I really hope I can jack lots of goods. I always hear about it... and I helped my sister pack her bags right full of stuff... but at her hospital, it was all easy access. I've never been in there while someone was getting ready to go home, at the hospital I'm delivering at, so hopefully it's easy. I want the goods damnit! lol!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:54 pm

In our birth center tour, they showed us where they stash all the extra pads, diapers, blankets, etc. They specifically said not to bring any because they have so much for us to use. If they insist... Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:17 pm

At our hospital the bassinet the baby is in, has drawers under it, I always cleaned that out everytime they brought her to us, so they would have to refill it Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Hehehe.. did they ever say anything??

I want all I can find/get my hands on but I dont wanna get in trouble Embarassed
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Didn't hear a peep. And when we were leaving the RN told us to pack up ANYTHING we had even touched in the room, because they would clean it all out and charge us for it anyways...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:48 pm

cheers
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:18 pm

daj72705 wrote:I bought some already so I wouldn't have to send my DH out to get them. I also have breast pads and witch hazel if needed. I can see my DH now trying to pick out those things. Plus I am hoping to get a bunch of the big pads from the hospital. I told my DH when he leaves the hospital at night that he better be taking home a bag full of stuff.....lol.

thats what i need to do, have dh bring the loot to the car each night. good idea
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:06 pm

We were always told to take anything in the bassinet except the linens and the undershirts. I never cleaned it out until it was time to go, guess I was chicken of being questioned. Maybe this time, the diapers will disappear just a little bit faster.

Make sure you ladies get some of the ice pack pads, stash extras if you can so you can get more. Those are wonderful for if you deliver vaginally, although as they melt you are walking around with a bag of ice water on your hoo-ha.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:08 pm

I never take anything to the hospital for the baby, besides binki, blanket and outfits. The hospital does it all. Then with each diaper change I put another diaper in our stuff so I have an extra stash at home. tongue

Yes get lots of pads. Like as in the big ass super plus over night's. Also pick up some witch hazel pads they help with itching and the dermaplast spray to help heal your who-ha. It works great I was back on the saddle(so to speak) with in 3 weeks. With Jared I never used them and it took about 9 weeks.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down