March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT... Just venting

5 posters

Go down

OT... Just venting Empty OT... Just venting

Post  ldw1193 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:14 am

Well... Matt has a payroll card from work. He doesn't keep very good track of the funds and I have to HOPE and PRAY that when we get the monthly statement everything is right on it. GGRR!! WELL... I paid bills Friday with the account and we went shopping Saturday and OF COURSE he didn't write anything down. ( I keep track of what I spend) So I called to check the account this morning, because I was going to pay the down payment for the hospital ($500) and it is saying we have 3 times as much as we THOUGHT. Well his check SHOULD have went on there Friday morning ( Thursday night, MOST of the time) and I listen for more infor and they have put his check on there 4 TIMES now!!! I called and was TRYING to be honest and tell (the bank) them that something is going on and they may need to check it out. The Evil or Very Mad lady said "Well I'm sorry but if you have a problem with the amount that has been put on there you need to talk to the company that he works for" I told her "Well I just don't want to spend this money and have you guys came back on us and make us pay it back" AND she says " I understand, but you need to call the company if you have a problem with his check. I don't have a problem with his check!!!!!!! The payroll isn't ever very nice, so I HATE calling her!! AND I am always on hold FOREVER!! SO.... I would LOVE to go shopping today and spend all that money, but I KNOW that it would bite us in the ass later. Sorry I just had to vent!!

affraid Lacie bounce
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

OT... Just venting Empty Re: OT... Just venting

Post  Karen Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:19 am

That sucks. Not just the screw up and the lack of the bank's help, now having to deal with the payroll wench too, but it would really suck to have to avoid the temptation to spend the money. I hope you can get things cleared up quickly and the amount is taken care of, so you're not watching every cent you're spending waiting and waiting and waiting for it to be debited back to the employer.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 am

Ughhh... I'm sorry for all this. Although I know you'd love to go shopping, I agree with you on it coming back to bite you. I can not stand snotty/rude people on the telephone when all you're doing is asking simple questions. I feel like saying, "ARE YOU FORGETTING YOU ARE GETTING PAID TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!?"

Good Luck.. I hope it all works itself out!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Well I called the bank back after TRYING to get ahold of the payroll. This lady was SUPER sweet. She thanked me for being honest and that REALLY the bank could do anything, the company had to TRY to get the problem figured out first THEN they could step in. WELL... I was joked with her and told her that I had some shopping to do and maybe if the payroll lady didn't want t onice then I guess I the company would be buying my new baby some nice stuff. She just laughed and said that she hopes that they get it figured out soon, because they may be others out there that WON'T call and would just spend the money. Made me feel good!!!
OH yeah, when I called Matt and told him.. he said " Honey, I know that youare TIGHT with the money, but COME ON... do you really need to be THAT TIGHT with it" Today is our wedding anniversary, and he said "WOW, what a anniversary gift to us, how did they know?!?!" Laughing Suspect

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05 pm

That completely sucks! I don't like the idea of a Payroll card either...My husbands company is trying to do the same thing but the employees are fighting it at every turn, thank God. They can't get a regular check straight and they want to do it electronically?? I don't think so!!

My mom once had $800,000 deposited into her account by mistake. The bank told her there was nothing they could do about it until another account came up short...I told my mom not to spend the money, but spend the interest. She was too chicken to do it though! Very Happy
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Well Matt got going to talk to someone on his lunch. I think if THEY messed up and put the money in there, and you "happen" to spend it then we shouldn't have to pay it back, the company can just deal with it and learn from it!!! LOL!!!! I am mean, I KNOW but I get sick of them being so rude about it and making us feel like it's our fault. I want to go to the bank and pull ALL the money but Matt said NO!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:45 pm

as fun as it would be to spend their money, Hubs is probably right...Damn him! He'd probably like to keep his job...LOL
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:38 pm

LOL... I know!!! He loves his job and I LIKE the money!! LOL!! I am hoping to hear something from him soon. I need to go to the store and need to order a couple things online, but MY LUCK.. they will freeze everything while they are trying to figure stuff out and I wouldn't be happy to have to leave my things at the store.

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:42 pm

I think that i would be so tempted to spend the money, but like you said it will come back and kick you in the ass later
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Well they got it figured out! GUESS WHAT??? IT was the BANK'S FAULT!!!!! After the first lady being a bitch and saying there was nothing she could do it was the companys doing!!!! Laughing Anyhow, they took all the money back off the card Crying or Very sad I REALLY wanted to spend it too!!!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:58 am

So glad you got it figured out. It's a bummer you can't go spending but definitely better that its figured out!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 am

At least it is all figured out and taken care of. Too bad you didn't get to keep it, but not worth the hassle of spending it and then having to come up with money to repay it. Figures it was the bank's fault, esp after that lady was rude yesterday.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down