March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been in the hospital for 4 days

+15
stair70
LGTWifey
MillerWifey
DESTINYKEE
Jillian21180
obxstefany
GSDmommy
o4seasmom
lisa_m
Karen
SarinasLilAddition
alnaday
daj72705
dsdavin
YoungMomToBe1991
19 posters

Go down

I've been in the hospital for 4 days Empty I've been in the hospital for 4 days

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:35 pm

No worries, the LO is alright and still baking! I, however, am still recovering... I got sent home today. I thought I was ready for it, but I still feel pretty crappy. It started Friday morning... around 1AM, I had decided I needed to get to the hospital. The past few days prior I had been feeling weird pressure in my pelvis that I didn't normally feel... and them lower back pain started to accompany it. So we went to the hospital, and they put me into the labor and delivery unit. They monitered the baby, and if I was having contractions. I was having small ones, but nothing major. They checked my cervix and all was good. They monitered me all throughout the morning until my OB-GYN came in around 8AM, and she sent me home with a prescription for bladder infection, once again.

So, that was over with... SO and I had a birth class to attend at 1PM the same day. So we tried to get some sleep... and we attending that. My back was killing me... and on our way home I mentioned to SO that I was feeling a little feverish, not really thinking anything of it. We dropped my prescription off, didn't want to wait an hour for it, so we went home. This was around 4PM... and as soon as we got home, we ate a little, and I went to lay down... fell asleep and stayed asleep. And let me tell you, I had one of the longest nights in the world. After playing video games, SO came to bed with me around 8PM... I wasn't feeling too well. I tried sleeping. I woke up around 11PM... and couldn't believe it was only 11PM. I felt like I had been sleeping forever. Which I guess I had, since I went to bed at 4. Sometime in the night, I woke up with insane shaking chills. They were so unbelievably violent I couldn't even control them, they were sickening, and tensing my back up it hurt so bad. I tried to use the bathroom and I couldn't even get a hold of the toilet paper; I tried to pour myself a cup of water, and I spilled it everywhere. I was worrying SO and he kept saying we should go to the hospital, and I refused. The thing is I didn't even feel cold... it was really odd. I tried to control them once I was in bed, and I somehow fell asleep. I woke up a little later feeling crappy, but now hot and sweating. Drifting in and out of sleep, the shakes started again. Uncontrollable. I kept looking at the clock and time was going by sooooo slow. I got under as many blankets as I could and the shakes stopped and I fell asleep, I woke up with SO hugging me and monitoring me... he asked me what was going on. I didn't know what he meant, and he said I was breathing really heavy and my heart was pounding. I started sweating again... it was around 4:30-5AM by now... and I decided I had had enough.. and I was very worried about the baby... which was the only reason I went to the hospital anyway.

And so, we called a cab... and I was very weak and sick, they took me in right away. (I had a fever of 100.6, nothing crazy.) Not into labor and delivery, but into the emergency room. Keep in mind we never got a chance to pick up my antibiotics. They asked me questions, I told them everything. They checked babies HB, which was around 175... which is higher than usual. I told them that, and they didn't seem to worry. They said it was high because I had a fever and was sick myself. The OBGYN covering for my doctor came down to see me. Other nurses took my blood for blood cultures, to see if anything would grow off of it And they decided to admit me into the hospital. They stuck me with an IV, also.

I had millions of tests done during my stay: urine cultures, more blood cultures, vitals every hour, ultrasound for baby, ultrasound for kidneys, and non-stress test for the baby every 8 hours or so. So, I guess you could say it was pretty serious. In the end, I guess it was just a bladder infection that got to my kidneys, and then the infection got into my blood.

I have been on soo many antibiotics, and sodium chloride to flush out my system. Which made my stay at the hospital HELL, because it made me have to pee every 20-30 minutes, and I got no sleep what so ever. The IV site had to be changed 4 different times, I have pokes all over my arms and hands. The last two nights, they decided I was getting too much fluid, so they took me off of the sodium chloride, and I did get sleep after that... but let's just say I never want to go through that again. My fever reach almost 103 during my stay... my back was killing me, because of the infection. I thought I was ready to come home, but honestly I still wish I was there... I just feel worn out and I am still recovering. Blood infections are not fun...

I have to start oral antibiotics tomorrow, and take better care of myself. I don't want this to happen again. I have five more weeks to go!! This was the last thing I needed. But the main thing is that baby is okay, that's all that I was worried about. And it is a good thinng I went to the hospital when I did, or else the infection could have seriously affected her and damaged my kidneys very badly. I just don't understand how it all developed so quickly... No

Well, anyway, I just wanted to let you all know... but I'm okay now, still weak... but okay. And I swear the baby grew like 5 pounds while we were there... I feel HUGE!! my skin is so stretched over my belly and it is so hard for me to walk now.

- Rachel
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

I've been in the hospital for 4 days Empty Re: I've been in the hospital for 4 days

Post  dsdavin Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Thank goodness you and the baby are ok! I know how hard it is to take good care of ourselves! I am happy that you listened to your body and went in to the emergency room. Take it easy and feel better. When do you go back to get checked out again?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

I've been in the hospital for 4 days Empty Re: I've been in the hospital for 4 days

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:44 pm

Thank you Smile

I have a follow up with my OBGYN in one week!
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I am glad you are home now and hopefully you will be able to rest. Make sure if you start feeling worse that you get back to the hospital. It is really scary how fast things can happen. I am happy that your LO is doing ok! Keep us posted and get lots of sleep!

Hugs,
Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Rachel what an ordeal, I happy that you went when you did and they caught the infection. I really hope you have a quick recovery seeing as that lil girl is coming in a few weeks. it seems that you have been fighting infection your entire pregnancy. I really hope that you get/ feel better fast.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 pm

By the way, don't do that to us again! Don't you have a Board Buddie? You know how much we worry!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm so glad you and baby are ok! I'm sorry you've had such a rough past few days. I hope the infection clears up. Hang in there & keep us posted!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 pm

What a lousy thing to have to go thru. I'm glad you went in when you did and that now you are getting better. Take care of yourself, or better yet, tell SO to give you all the care you need!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:01 pm

dsdavin wrote:By the way, don't do that to us again! Don't you have a Board Buddie? You know how much we worry!

Exactly my thoughts, Shannon!

YMTB, I'm glad they were able to cure the infection, and I hope you take all the time you need to finish getting better.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Wow, so sorry you had to go through all of that!! Sounds like you made the right choices though, in seeing that things were serious enough to warrant a trip to the hospital! Keep us posted on how you are recovering and keep that little peanut baking a big longer, K??

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 pm

oh my gosh, YoungMom, that is terrible!! glad you are recovering, and that LO is in good shape. yikes!!!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Rachel...I noticed you hadn't been on in a few days. Thank goodness you are OK now. Take it easy and make sure you get a board buddy to let us know what is going on with you. I am glad everything is OK with you and LO. Always listen to your body...it will always let you know what is going on!!!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 pm

I do have board buddies, but I am ashamed to say I never got a chance to write her number down and we couldn't get internet access at the hospital...

but thank you all Smile
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:27 am

Well u better write my number down Rachel!!!! Wink
I was worried about, I noticed that there hadn't been any posts from u in a couple days and I was gonna put a post up looking for u!!!
I just put ur number in my purse, so that I have it on me, and I'll put in in my cell phone too.
I am so sorry that u had to go through all that!! Hopefully u will be getting better, and feeling stronger soon!!
keep us updated!!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  DESTINYKEE Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:53 am

Rachel I am so happy for you and the baby that all worked out in the end. Get some rest and take care Smile
DESTINYKEE
DESTINYKEE

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:02 am

So glad you're feeling better! Kidney infections are nasty...it must have been pretty awful. Happy that you are home and will be able to rest a little...without peeing every 20 min., that is!
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:44 am

Very glad that you are both safe and sound. And while it probably doesn't help how you feel now you took all the pain to keep it away from your little one, just like you will want to do once that little one is out in the world, just what being a Mom is all about Smile

Keep us posted on how everything goes, and REST REST REST.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stair70 Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:05 am

What a ordeal for you, Im sorry you had to go through all that. Glad to hear your on your way to recovery. Yu need to rest as lo will be here berfore you know it.
Andrea
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:51 am

Wow, it sure sounds like you went through quite a bit, sorry to hear that. I'm glad that you listened to your instincts and got to the hospital when you did. Thankfully you are on the road to recovery and your LO is doing great. Please take it easy and continue taking care of yourself. Keep us posted!
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Phew, glad everything was caught before getting too bad, but wow what an experience to go through. I'm happy to hear you and the little one are okay!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:02 pm

I am happy to hear that everything is okay for now. That sounded pretty scary though. Now that you have had meds for a while, i hope your feeling better now.

Few more weeks! Hang in there!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone, once again! And I have definitely been resting, trust me!! No one will let me do anything, it's kind of frustrating.. but everyone is just looking out for me. I do feel A LOT better today... but I started my oral antibiotic today, and will continue that for the next week... and hopefully all will be good. Besides the yeast infection I know that I have already. I'll take stuff for that when I'm done the antibiotics, it would be pointless to start anything now. Time is flying by so fast! My baby shower is in little over a week, and then after that my due date is in three days. Wow! I really could have done with out those 4 days confined to a bed, I could have been doing things, planning things, cleaning things... it sucks how much precious time I've lost. But I'm better now, and so is the LO, and that is all that matters. Smile

And Jillian... I'm writing your number down right now and sticking it in my wallet!!!
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Rachel,
I am glad you and your LO is safe and sound. I am so sorry you have had one of the most physically and emotionally trying pregnancies on this board! I will keep you and LO in my thoughts. Please don't ever have us worry like that again! (I sound like a true mother, lol)

We are happy that nothing horrific (horrible maybe) happened to you. Sorry you had to go through all this pain and discomfort and undue stress! Please get well soon.
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down