March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post

+2
lisa_m
PonyDoodleButt
6 posters

Go down

Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post Empty Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post

Post  PonyDoodleButt Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:24 pm

I went to the hospital tonight and as susspected it is a cyst. The good news is it can be treated!!!! The DR. gave me antibiotics and I have a follow up on thrusday. If it does not get any better or comes back he will then have to drain it. As painfull as that sounds I am happy that either way it can be taken care of! I told him I didnt care what they had to do as long as I didnt have to deal with it by the time I was in labor!
It was nice to be able to hear the babys heart while I was there and he is a huge wiggle worm! I loved being able to hear him move around in there. It just made the pregnancy all that more real for me.

(original post)Ok so in my previous post I stated that I thought I had a varicose vein in my vagina...well now it looks more like I have a cyst. From what I have read and the nurse at the triage center has told me this is more likely to be my problem. Has anyone ever had one or know anything about them. I know that its the gland that lubricates your vagina and it can some times become pluged up and infected. I was wondering what they do for pregnant women who get it. Mine is without a doubt very infected and Im just afraid that the infection can spread to my baby since it is so close. I am going to the maternity ward tonight to get something done about it because I cant stand the pain anymore. Does anyone have any information on this at all?

Last edited by PonyDoodleButt on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post Empty Re: Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post

Post  lisa_m Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:13 pm

I haven't heard anything about this, but I'm glad you're going in tonight. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I love you
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post Empty Re: Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post

Post  o4seasmom Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Ouch! That sounds so painful and uncomfortable! I hope you were able to go in and get something done--I've never heard of that, but we all know that pregnancy brings out the craziest stuff, doesn't it? Let us know how you are doing!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:04 am

Keep us posted. GOOD LUCK!
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tld6901 Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:09 am

Ouch! sorry!
I think I had one, but it's going away.
At it's worse it got really swollen and painful, but has since drained and is all but gone.
keep us posted on what your Dr. says!
tld6901
tld6901

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:30 am

Glad that all is going to be A-Okay.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:18 pm

keep us posted...it sounds painful!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Bartholin´s Cyst New Update in last post Empty Hospital Trip

Post  PonyDoodleButt Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 pm

Lastnight the pain got unbearable. I couldnt even walk from my bedroom to the restroom without alot of effort and intense pain. I went back to the hospital and the O.B on call had to drain the absess and put a small cathiter in it called a word cathiter. Hopefully the thing stays in for about 2 weeks or more. The longer its in there the better chances I have of not having it reoccure. Of course the catch is NO SEX at all untill everything is completely healed. Even then Im afraid to resume sex because the gland is spacifically for sex and alot of women who have had one of these cysts say it tends to come back after they have sex again...I really hope this doesnt become one of those problems.I dont know if I could put up with this thing constantly showing up and constantly being cut into. Ive googled it and from what I see once women get them they suffer alot as a result of them. I know I shouldnt worry about it but its hard not to especially when its such a rare problem.
The strange thing is it happens in only about 2% of women.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down