March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sex and Labor

+6
mtmissy
MillerWifey
dsdavin
SequoiaAutumn
rylan&babysmommy!
becky123
10 posters

Go down

Sex and Labor Empty Sex and Labor

Post  becky123 Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:22 pm

OK So I know that all the men in the world say that having sex makes you go into labor but is this really true?? My Dr. said it was but I dont know if he was kidding with my husband or if it really makes you go into labor? Anyone know?? Cause hell, if its true its on lol!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Sex and Labor Empty Re: Sex and Labor

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:28 pm

i think its true...when i was in labor with my son....i was contraction like crazy but not dialating...they sent me home from the hospital and told me take warm baths and have sex...the nurse goes i know you prob dont want to with the pain but it will help move you along! So we did!!!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Many things can make you go into labor. But I think if your body is ready to.. these things might kick it in. Your orgasms, his semen, might make you go into labor because it softens your cervix and tightens your uterus as contractions do. Nipple stimulation can cause contractions. Certain pressure points on your body can cause contractions. I think there is a certain foood too but not at the top of my head can i think of it. It will happen when it happens.. but semen can ripen the cervix.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:53 pm

It didn't work for me! We sure gave it our best shot. I have to say it wasn't pretty!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm

OK...I have this great book, Great Expectations by Sandy and Marcie Jones. This is what is says about sex and labor-inducing power:

"A man's semen contains prostaglandins, horomones known to start labor that, in their synthetic form, are sometimes used for medical inductions. Intercourse delivers these hormones to the cervix, but in some circles, it is thought that ORAL SEX involving swallowing the ejaculate is more effective. (Avoid intercourse if your water has broken)"

My husband was PUMPED when he heard that last part! Laughing So that's an option if you're super uncomfortable or your water is broken and you're willing to try.

I know it works for a lot of people. My friend had her husband come home on leave from Iraq around the time she was due. She wasn't having contractions or any signs of labor when he arrived. They DTD...and had a baby the next day!
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  mtmissy Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:03 pm

What I always do when I'm ready for baby to be out is start taking evening primrose oil, both vaginally and orally. Then I go and get myself some good sex. Like the other person said, semen helps start labor. It helps by softening the cervix. The good part of the sex helps start the contractions. Playing with the nipples releases a natural pitocin which is what the docs would give you anyways.

I've never heard the swallowing semen part before. While I'm willing to do lots of things, until my DH tries it for himself (ick) he's not getting me to do it!!
Jen

mtmissy

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:29 pm

Awesome, I am SO SO glad that DH does not know the website to this forum lol I would never hear the end of it! Thanks ladies and I am willing to try anything when the time is right!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:42 pm

I think that I am the only one it didn't work for. I think my baby was really comfortable and didn't want to come out! If the baby is not here by his due date, trust me you will be trying everything you can to induce labor!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Shannon - it didn't work for me either. I was induced 3 days late and was DTD every day leading up to my DD in the hopes that I would go into labor on my own. Who knows when she would have arrived had they not induced.

But its strange, out of my 7 closest friends only 1 went into labor on her own, the other 6 were induced....
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 pm

has any momies ever tried castor oil??? I've heard of this and a woman I know did it, I'm pretty sure it did make her go.... but wouldn't that just make u sh**t like forever!!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 pm

i cannot believe that 'swallowing' will cause labor!!!!!!
and if ur water is broken.... ur in labor! that is definately not going to be on my to-do-list!!!!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:55 am

Well, in all fairness, it DOES say "in some circles". Very Happy And I am MUCH more likely to try that approach then castor oil. From what I've heard, it may work but will likely cause vomiting and/or diarrhea...and basically cause you to go in to labor because you are dehydrated...just doesn't sound extremely healthy or pleasant to me.

And FYI, your water breaking is a "sign" that labor may be approaching, like losing the mucus plug, nesting, lightening, all that jazz (though I think most women go into labor BEFORE it breaks). Some women have to be induced because their water breaks and labor does not start in the next 24-48 hours and docs worry about infection at that point. Sorry...I read ALOT!
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 am

My water has broken twice and labor was slow to start. Wonder how it will happen this time. I will not be trying castor oil or be medically induced.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:03 am

Jillian21180 wrote:has any momies ever tried castor oil??? I've heard of this and a woman I know did it, I'm pretty sure it did make her go.... but wouldn't that just make u sh**t like forever!!

I had read about this .. and brought it up to my DR. He explained to me he does NOT want me to take it. Like a PP said, you may go into labor, but it's because of the sh**ing and throwing up, causing your body to go into dehydration mode, therefore forcing your body into labor. No good for you or your baby!!

JUST SAY NO TO CASTOR OIL!

Lmao
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 am

I have never used castor oil and won't this time either. There is actually a castor oil milkshake recipe out there, it was occassionally posted on the obbc large family board.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:26 pm

i also heard that black cohosh works, but I asked my Dr about it and he said it just makes you have diahrea and you would not want that when you are on the table pushing lol
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:47 pm

what is black cohosh??? No anything that is gonna make u have diahrea is not my idea of a good time!!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Its just a tea that you can get from like a natural store. Probably even the grocery store. On the side of the package it says, if you are pregnant do not take lol. Just cause i guess it will make you go into labor if you drink too much. But I would rather wait a few days then go into labor with diareah!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down