March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please say an extra prayer today for Madison

+11
aquaopal
MillerWifey
Karen
alnaday
dsdavin
crazymommy2b
LGTWifey
JenniVange
obxstefany
daj72705
stair70
15 posters

Go down

Please say an extra prayer today for Madison Empty Please say an extra prayer today for Madison

Post  stair70 Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:36 am

Today they are gonna do a u/s on her head to look for any brain bleed. It is really common with preemies as young as her. And last night they said they heard a heart murmur. So u/s on her heart to check on that. They said most common cause of that in preemies is pad. Something didnt close that needed to after birth, an if thats what it is then they give her meds that will cose it. Im not real informed of that yet. So just asking for you all to send a small prayer her way today for all good results. Later today sometime I will know the results. I think they are doing the u/s this morning I will update when I hear something. Thanks to my online pg friends.
Andrea
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Please say an extra prayer today for Madison Empty Re: Please say an extra prayer today for Madison

Post  daj72705 Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:42 am

Andrea,
I will continue to pray for little Madison. I think about her everyday and what a little miracle she is. Please keep us posted and let us know if we can do anything to help out.

hugs,
Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Please say an extra prayer today for Madison Empty Re: Please say an extra prayer today for Madison

Post  obxstefany Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:49 am

She is in our thoughts and prayers. She is a miracle and I look at her pictures all the time. God bless all of you and Hugs to all of you.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:36 am

Prayers to Madison and you and your family! She is a Christmas blessing.
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:54 am

Lots of loud and frequent prayers for you and your entire family, Madison is at the top of our list...

FYI, I was 5 weeks early and had a heart murmur and still have it at 29 years old...not always a sign of something scary, just need to check it out, could just mean her little ticker beats to a different drum Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymommy2b Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:22 am

I am praying there are no intra-ventricular bleeds. As for the heart murmur, it is most likely a PDA (patent ductus arteriosis) It is very common in very early preemies and can often be closed with indomethacin. She has already shown she is an exceptionally strong little girl (just like her momma!)

Is she tolerating feeds? Still on CPAP? How are YOU doing since having her?
crazymommy2b
crazymommy2b

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:56 am

Prayers for your beautiful baby! She is a miracle.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm

she will continue to be in my prayers I really hope for the best for the two of you.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:24 pm

Prayers being said for little Madison. Please update us when you can.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:05 pm

You and Madison are most certainly in our prayers. Hope to hear some good news from you soon! Take care of yourself!
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Yes, Beautiful Madison will be in my thoughts Like a Star @ heaven . May your family have A HAPPY HOLIDAY, santa
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Andrea I will keep her in my thoughts today. I am sure things will be fine.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Please say an extra prayer today for Madison Empty UPDATE

Post  stair70 Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:08 am

Well the nurse practitioner called and said the echocardiogram showed she did have PDA. That is fairly normal for preemies as young as her. Is where the ductus didnt close after birth like its suppose to. They had to do the head u/s to rule out brain bleed right now as the meds they will give her for PDA cannot be used when a brain bleed is present. That scan showed no bleed so thats great. They will start the meds and they are 3 doses at 12 hours apart. then scan again. If still open then another brain scan and another 3 doses of meds.If the meds dont close it, it will have to be closed manually. So just hoping that it will close right up and continue to not have any bleeds. She is still on cpap at 15 and 21%. She is now 2lb 7 oz. They are holding her feedings until after the meds. Thanks for all the prayers.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!!!

Andrea
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:19 am

Andrea - great news about the no brain bleed...keep us posted as to how the meds do at closing it up. We will keep our prayers coming until that little one is home safe and sound with you!!

Merry Christmas!
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:31 am

Andrea thats good news! She is a fighter! Hopefully you can get some more pictures when you visit this weekend. Will you be able to hold her? She is just so cute i could eat her up! My nephew had somehting wrong wtih his heart when he was born. Something about something not closing.. and he was on meds for 6mths and now completely fine. He was not a premie though. Sounds like your hanging in there.. i love to see your updates.

Merry Christmas!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:48 am

Thank you for the update Andrea. I am glad there is no bleeding on her brain. I will pray that the first round of meds will work.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:36 pm

What a beautiful little fighter!! I'm so glad there's no bleed, and here's to great hopes the meds work for her!!! I love you

She's a magical Christmas miracle.. and she & your entire family are in our thoughts!

Merry Christmas!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:42 am

Sounds like she's a little fighter!! So thankful that there is no brain bleed as of now and we'll continue to keep her in our prayers that the meds will work wonders and close up what needs to be closed! Thanks for keeping us posted, hope you enjoyed your Christmas!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down