March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Madison

+8
LGTWifey
lisa_m
SarinasLilAddition
o4seasmom
rylan&babysmommy!
JenniVange
kboogie
stair70
12 posters

Go down

Update on Madison Empty Update on Madison

Post  stair70 Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:10 pm

The Neonatologist called us lastnight to let us know that Madison has been having many spells and longer time to get out of them. They decided to do urine and blood cultures to check for infection. 3 days to grow if anything is there so they put her on antibiotics now just incase. Her regular blood test show things look fine but have to wait for cultures. They raised her oxygen from 1/4 liter to 1/2 liter at 25%. To help with spells and raised her caffine level also. This morning I called to check on her and nurse said that she had a bad spell at 9am which turning up oxygen didnt help her get out of it so they put a mask of oxygen on her with high flow and that brought her back to normal range. They sent for xray of her belly and they just called and said that looked good. So if cultures come back good then they will say its normal preemie spells. Her feedings have also been producing a lot more residuals is another reason they thought she might be sick. They went from 12 cc every 3 hours to every 4 hours now to give her time to digest.
We all have went through that stomache bug now and have been well for 2 days so far so we will still go see her tomorrow but we all are gonna wear masks,and gloves if we touch her. Just in case. We could hold her as of last Sat but didnt get up there since sickness here at home, and we are gonna refuse this sat to hold her to keep her well in case we still have any lingering bug from this week. Id rather wait than have her catch something. But we miss her sooooo much, gotta atleast go look at her.
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Update on Madison Empty Re: Update on Madison

Post  kboogie Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:14 pm

I will definately keep her in my thoughts!
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Andrea--I hope all the cultures come back ok and it's just normal premie spells. What exactly happens during these spells? Is it like a seizure? And I may have missed it but did her heart issue resolve?

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad you are all feeling better and that you get to see the little beauty tomorrow and hope you'll share some new pics with us!!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:16 pm

im sorry to hear about Madison...i hope the cultures come back fine....keep us updated...my thoughts and prayers to you! She is just to cute in her picture!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Still keeping your family and little princess Madison in our prayers!!! Thanks so much for keeping us posted, please let us know the results when the cultures come back. I'm glad your family is feeling better so you can go see her--even if you can't hold her, I'm sure her hearing your voice will be just the medicine she needs!! Very Happy

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:19 pm

I too hope the cultures come back OK. I'm sorry she's having the spells. You all are in my thoughts, every single day I love you
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Can you wear gloves and masks and hold her anyway? I just got finished reading "And Baby Makes Three" from the Gottmans, and they did research on how touch on newborns is so beneficial. Of course you're doing what is best for your baby, but I'm sure she'd love to be held just as much as you want to hold her!

I'm glad you'll get to go see her. I hope she continues to stay strong and grow. She's so beautiful.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm

You are all in my daily thoughts and prayers, I will turn it up a notch, here's to praying these cultures come back clean and she is just having to work a little harder than normal...teaching her strength at a young age Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Madison is in my prayers. She is such a little fighter! I know you are so excited to see her. I hope you get to hold her!!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear she's having so many spells. I hope the cultures come back negative and she gets thru this quickly.

Enjoy your visit this weekend!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted. im sorry to hear about the setback. When you go see her tell her to stop making you worry! Poor little girl.. We are thinking of you all.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 pm

We will say some extra prayers for Madison that her cultures come back OK. She is so precious. I know you will be happy to see her. She is an absolute doll.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  stair70 Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:13 am

JenniVange wrote:Andrea--I hope all the cultures come back ok and it's just normal premie spells. What exactly happens during these spells? Is it like a seizure? And I may have missed it but did her heart issue resolve?

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad you are all feeling better and that you get to see the little beauty tomorrow and hope you'll share some new pics with us!!

The spells are bradycardia and apnea spells where the heartrate and oxygen stats drop down. They go down and usually come back quickly on there own or with a flick to the feet to startle baby, but these for her now have been staying down longer and she needed more assistance to get out of them. Preemies forget to breath alot and that makes the heartrate go down.

Thank you all for continues thoughts and prayers.
Andrea
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down