March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome to AMA mommies!

+4
Karen
o4seasmom
stair70
GSDmommy
8 posters

Go down

welcome to AMA mommies! Empty welcome to AMA mommies!

Post  GSDmommy Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:34 pm

I got the Awesome Maternal Age subgroup started... if you are 35+, please join the usergroup! This was one of my favorite threads/groups on the OBBC, so I am hoping others join me here. sunny The Awesome is in lieu of "Advanced", the official medical term which the group rejects. Razz

Cheers,
Amy
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

welcome to AMA mommies! Empty Re: welcome to AMA mommies!

Post  stair70 Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Im here from obbc. Thats great that we can all get together here.
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:25 pm

oh good, I'm so glad you're here! Very Happy

are you expecting your first baby, or do you have other little ones, too?
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm here too from the OBBC!! I'm still kind of confused that we have our own little forum action going on...I was first transferred to the March 2009 NBBC group and then someone told me we have our own thread over here! So I'm thrilled to see how this will pan out and to get to know you all better! Maybe once we start getting more people we should do a roll call. Or at least share our information again. I heard also that we can have tickers....and I see that most of you have them...I'm going to try to figure them out!! Yay!! Very Happy
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:56 pm

I didn't participate too much on this thread on obbc. I'll rejoin here. I agree, after there are more of us here, we should do another roll call.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Thanks for starting this, I am 38 and am having an easier pregnancy than when I was 31!

Shannon
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  stair70 Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:53 pm

I do have other children, I have a 19 year old dd, 17year old ds, 15 year old dd, 11 year old dd, and i had twins 21 mos ago both dd. My twins were born at 31 weeks and baby a, lacey was stillborn. I cant hardley believe that I pretty much started over with lo's but here I am one last time, and hoping for a boy. I had my doctors appt today and they did blood work for AFP i think. I will have another u/s on wed.
Andrea
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:28 am

wow, Andrea, you have a wealth of experience!! i am very sorry for your loss, and hoping for the best for you with your current LO.

i am a first timer, and an surprise one at that, so i am sometimes still in disbelief that i am really preggo Shocked but DH and I are very happy and excited, and i am going crazy with planning for baby... am currently painting nursery and going to put up wallpaper border (never done that before, either!), and am generally in heavy-duty nesting mode. it's a whole new world, and i know it's only just beginning...
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

welcome to AMA mommies! Empty Roll Call thoughts

Post  GSDmommy Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:45 am

I am so happy to have AMA mommies arriving over here - thanks for joining! cheers I really like that we can have a separate subgroup with topics... not just a single thread that gets buried on the general March 09 board, as on OBBC and NBBC.

I agree - a roll call is a great idea. I was thinking that we can create a sticky at the top of the AMA forum topics so the roll call can expand as new people join, so it will be easily accessible and probably even can be updated with new info (e.g. LO is a boy/girl) by editing by each member if they want.

I'm pretty new to all of this, so let me know what should be included on the roll call... I've seen lists like:

name
edd
LO gender (unknown, surprise, boy, girl)
dh
dc
furbabies

of course people can post whatever they are comfortable sharing...

what do you think?

cheers,
Amy
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:39 pm

I am from the obbc group too. I do not like the NBBC forums at all. I am glad to see this. I will be 35 when my baby is born. I am going to work on the profile, tickers and pictures. Good luck all of you and I am sure we will be chatting often.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:14 pm

welcome! glad you are here. sunny
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  PDXBabyMama Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Greetings -

I too am from the OBBC and don't like NBBC too much so was super glad to see a new forum for us from OBBC. Thanks Amy for starting this thread here and I like your ideas for the roll call.

A wee bit about me, I'm 39 and so is my DH. This is our first pregnancy and we're pretty excited to be parents. Just entered my 2nd trimester and have already noticed having more energy which is fabulous as I've got lots to do to prepare our office into a nursery in 6 months. Yay nesting!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Cheers,

Julie

PDXBabyMama

Back to top Go down

welcome to AMA mommies! Empty Hello

Post  daj72705 Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Hello ladies,
I too am from the OBBC and saw that there was a smaller forum for March 2009.

I just turned 35 in June and I am pregnant with my first! Yeah for the 2nd trimester. I am feeling much better and I have most of my energy back.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down