March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

computer virus :-(

+13
stair70
alliphillips
JenniVange
obxstefany
lisa_m
MillerWifey
Limedrop
alnaday
Karen
SequoiaAutumn
SarinasLilAddition
daj72705
GSDmommy
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

computer virus :-( Empty computer virus :-(

Post  GSDmommy Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 pm

hi all,

i'm on dh's mac right now, because my computer copped a major problem last night... wah!! so until it's fixed, i may be a bit scarce around here... don't worry about me, but do worry about my computer!!! No No No

dh is at a class tonight, so i'll spend some time catching up now.

i don't think the virus had anything to do with the ads on this site... but the problem manifested itself while i was on here. has anyone else had a similar experience? i really hope not!!!!!!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

computer virus :-( Empty Re: computer virus :-(

Post  daj72705 Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 pm

my computer has locked up twice today while on this board. that hasn't happened before so i ope its nothing to worry about.

good luck with your computer.

dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:55 pm

I've also got something major funky going on with my computer. Everything is WAY slower all of a sudden and I get really weird popups all the time and never did before. I really hope I dont have something big Sad
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:04 pm

mine started with pop-up's, and escalated to a crazy, out of control spawning of new Explorer windows and tabs (dozens of them), and even when i disconnected from the internet, it kept trying and spawned empty windows. if i managed to close out of Explorer, it would relaunch itself immediately, over and over. i ran my anti-virus software, and it didn't find anything, so i think it's a new virus that my software didn't recognize.

i will let you all know if i figure out what the virus is, so you can be sure your antivirus is up to date so you can avoid it if possible!!

what a nightmare...
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 pm

OH WOW! I was just telling dh that there might be a virus on the Internet Explorer. I told him that everytime i flip from post to post a bunch of ad's show up. I ran anti spyware, anti malware, and nortons.. nortons just says that there is a threat but it takes care of it. I wonder if its something to do with this site? Any computer savey people out there who can figure this out? If it continues, i wonder if we can contact tech support or try to find another site to post on VERy similar to this one. I dont like change! hehe
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Sorry to hear some of you are having problems. Amy, hope your computer gets fixed soon. Don't be MIA for too long!

No problems here. I also use this hosting site for another private board I'm on. No problems there, either.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 pm

i've seen some issues w/ my wk computer and this site, and i have had a few redirection from this site to ad sites. i hope that these do not equal a virus for my computer. I would hate to loss all the info from this site if we had to switch to another.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 pm

oh i have had this happen twice.. The 1st time this site just locked up and a window poped up saing i had 9 viruses and i had to download something to get rid of them (i didnt i just restarted my computer and it was fine) and the other day while i was on here the site locked up again and a bunch of ads for cars and stuff poped up so i clicked out of the site and my computer has been fine since then.. weird... Suspect
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Same problems here...random pop-ups...crazy empty webpages opening to infinity...computer running super slow. I hope someone gets this sorted out soon...because I'm sort of afraid to use my computer now! It started this weekend and just keeps getting worse...so yeah, I'll be scarce too until we can get out other computer running or this one cleaned up. Sad
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 pm

I've had some of the same problems with this site. I'll click on a post, and it'll redirect to an add. Norton doesn't ever seem to find anything, but it's very obnoxious. I hope this site doesn't F with us...I don't know what I'd do without all of you!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:45 pm

oh boy, sounds like it may have something to do with this site or a bad ad or ads on it?... i am not a computer guru in the least.

one thought is to access it via Firefox instead of Explorer? i will ask dh - he's much more IT savvy than me. i think we should also alert the forum... what do you think?
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 pm

oh great - it just randomly redirected to an ad... and I'm on a mac, using Safari!!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Amy, that's what happens to me too, and I only use Firefox. It's got to be some bad ads on this site, since I don't have trouble with any other sites. As long as it lets me get back, I can live with it. I just hope it doesn't give us any viruses that take down our computers. Shocked
lisa_m
lisa_m

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:42 pm

I haven't had any problems to speak of. I do not use internet explorer anymore though, because of issues with popups. I use foxfire all the time. Maybe that is an idea?? Wish I could help...I am not very savvy with that kind of stuff.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 pm

i use firefox and i have gotten the ads too
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:09 am

I just sent a message to the "Contact" link for this site so maybe they have some idea of what's going on and what we can do, or if this is the first they've heard of it, maybe they can help out. Very annoying!
lisa_m
lisa_m

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:16 am

I've had a virus since Friday and it started when I was on this site. My work computer was out for 5 days. If this is a problem for others too...maybe we should think about switching to a site that we can opt out of adds for a few bucks a month...I know Yuku has that option. Just a thought.
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  alliphillips Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:29 am

There is a virus - it is called JS/Xilos and Windows LiveOne care can get rid of it easily. Smile HTH
alliphillips
alliphillips

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 am

My dh has installed an ad blocker for internet explorer. I see absolutely no ads on this site, and get no pop-ups. And I've had no problems.

So it does sound ad related. You guys may want to consider installing ad blockers.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  stair70 Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:58 am

So far so good for me. I hope we dont lose anyone from this.
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 am

Karen wrote:My dh has installed an ad blocker for internet explorer. I see absolutely no ads on this site, and get no pop-ups. And I've had no problems.

So it does sound ad related. You guys may want to consider installing ad blockers.

what is the program called
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:24 am

Karen wrote:My dh has installed an ad blocker for internet explorer. I see absolutely no ads on this site, and get no pop-ups. And I've had no problems.

Where can you get an ad blocker? I've got a PopUp blocker (the normal IE one) but no ad blocker..

Help pleaseee..hehe. Ty :-P
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 am

I have been having the same problem but only on this site. It will randomly open a new page or direct to me to an ad. I just ignore it, close it out and come back to the sight. I haven't had any issues with any other sight so there must be something going on here. I sure hope it doesn't affect us for long, I would hate to lose all the great info we've shared.
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:31 pm

I said I had not had any problems earlier...well....spoke too soon! I have had some crazy ads pop up and some locking up issues and once it completely shut the page off! Maddening!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:19 pm

I know someone said that there was a program to download to get rid of this problem. Karen? Could you post a link to it? As I type this my nortons popped up and said an intrusion tried to enter but it got blocked. So something is really wrong.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next