March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Belly rash...

+3
SequoiaAutumn
obxstefany
GSDmommy
7 posters

Go down

Help! Belly rash... Empty Help! Belly rash...

Post  GSDmommy Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:57 pm

Yesterday I wore pants with a full belly panel to work... I was hot & uncomfortable for the early part of the day, but then was better later. Last night after I got home, my belly started itching like crazy, and I looked at my skin and it was all red and bumpy. The rash has lasted all day today... I tried to keep clothes off of it, and have been putting corn starch on it and that helps for a little while. I hope this rash doesn't last all weekend, but if it does, I'll beg the doc for something at my Monday appt.

Any ideas in the meantime? This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Help! Belly rash... Empty Re: Help! Belly rash...

Post  obxstefany Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:12 am

You poor thing! I know how you feel! I had pregnancy rash on my legs, stomach, back and really bad on my thighs. I used aveno oatmeal scrubs and some cortisone cream. I asked my doctor for something and he told me there was nothing he could do really, it would go away, but would come back. Try that and I hope you get some relief soon! It really does suck because I did not sleep good because all I wanted to do was scratch.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:32 am

Yuk that doesnt sound comfortable. I wish I could help.. but I have no experience in that department. Try to stay cool as you said. Hopefully your end is near and it will go away.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:33 am

You could also try a bath with baking soda in it. We took baking soda baths when we had chicken pox as kids. Good luck!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MsButterfli Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 am

oh wow i saw this on Deliver Me on Discovery Health...think its called Pupps a rash that usually goes away after you've delivered..they gave the lady hydrocortisone and an oatmeal bath, but her doc ended up inducing her and within two weeks her rash was gone... maybe aveeno will help you out ...hope my random babbling helped a bit lol

Last edited by MsButterfli on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
MsButterfli
MsButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:52 am

thanks ladies

i sprayed some California Baby diaper area wash on my belly - it says it works for diaper rash, cuts & scrapes... so I thought I'd give it a try... it is giving me some relief

dh searched for remedies online, and apparently "grandpa's pine tar soap" is a good one... he ordered some for me. bless his heart. I love you
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:02 am

GSDmommy wrote:Yesterday I wore pants with a full belly panel to work... I was hot & uncomfortable for the early part of the day, but then was better later. Last night after I got home, my belly started itching like crazy, and I looked at my skin and it was all red and bumpy. The rash has lasted all day today... I tried to keep clothes off of it, and have been putting corn starch on it and that helps for a little while. I hope this rash doesn't last all weekend, but if it does, I'll beg the doc for something at my Monday appt.

Any ideas in the meantime? This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt get one but my friend did when she was pregnant and she told me if i do get one to use AVENO BABY LOTION she said it was the only thing she found that actually sooth it and made it stop itching
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 am

MsButterfli wrote:oh wow i saw this on Deliver Me on Discovery Health.

HEY I WATCH THAT SHOW TOO!! dont u love it?? i hate that its only on once a week and it comes on soo late!! i work 9-7 on tuesdays so by the time i get home and make dinner i just want to be in bed by 9! but i make myself stay up until 10 and watch that show, twards the end i am just in and out sometimes lol.. i love that show! Very Happy
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:58 am

Limedrop wrote:
MsButterfli wrote:oh wow i saw this on Deliver Me on Discovery Health.

HEY I WATCH THAT SHOW TOO!! dont u love it?? i hate that its only on once a week and it comes on soo late!! i work 9-7 on tuesdays so by the time i get home and make dinner i just want to be in bed by 9! but i make myself stay up until 10 and watch that show, twards the end i am just in and out sometimes lol.. i love that show! Very Happy

I actually saw that episode too! It comes on during the day too....now that I am home I watch it then too!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:11 am

Baking soda baths have really helped my itching. GoodLuck!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down