March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Avery Update

+17
o4seasmom
SarinasLilAddition
Jillian21180
obxstefany
mini*van*mama
curls82
Karen
GAMommy
JenniVange
JeniDwy
rylan&babysmommy!
SequoiaAutumn
alnaday
lisa_m
can'twaittobeamommy
Limedrop
LGTWifey
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Baby Avery Update Empty Baby Avery Update

Post  LGTWifey Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Hey Ladies...

So we just met with the Neonatologist and got an update on her situation, I was feeling out of the loop, felt like I was getting different stories from every shift, etc. So he basically told us to forget about the fluid in her lungs, its going to clear and moving in the right direction, that she is breathing on her own, and that is what we want. He also told us to forget about the PDA (Open Flap), that he doesn't see any issues and it will close on its own, he isn't worried about it at all. Right now he said she is eating like a "twit" and that is his biggest concern, she isn't digesting her food, so they have switched her to a lactose free formula (so much for wanting to use the Costco Brand), and they are hoping that will be easier on her, but the verdict is still out. He said we are the lucky ones, we have a "healthy" baby girl in the NICU, and that it doesn't happen often, she had a rough start but she is strong and healthy otherwise so he told us to light the cigars...

We just fed her and changed her diapers, the little stinker peed on me and then pooped during her feeding...and she is FURIOUS with her feeding tube (they left it in just in case she doesn't take the bottle), she tries to pull the tube out all the time, he is hoping to remove it in the next day or two, it all depends on how her feedings go.

Her butt is so small, I guess its because I am used to changing Olivia's diapers - LOL. Its so cute.

We are going to hang out here at the hospital until we feed her at 3pm and then we are going to head home and get Olivia from daycare so she can have a normal evening and then we will come back for Avery's 9pm feeding, while my Mom stays with Olivia so we can come back.

And another piece of good news...Brad found out yesterday that he got a new job, the one he had to fly to Charlotte for on Monday, we are so excited, he is planning on giving his notice on Monday as long as everything else goes as planned, it couldn't have come at a better time! Phew.

Thanks again for all the love and support! When I get home I will do my best to upload a picture, but we only have ones from when she first came out, so we don't have any "clean" ones yet.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Baby Avery Update Empty Re: Baby Avery Update

Post  Limedrop Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:01 pm

aww im glad shes doing good.. im sure she will be home in no time! congrads again Very Happy
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:02 pm

I am so happy for you, I have tears in my eyes. I am glad everything is going well.
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Leigh, that is such great news!! And we don't mind "dirty" pictures... Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:33 pm

well that is great news happy to hear that she is doing so well, i hope she does good at each feeding.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:34 pm

I am glad you were able to explain things better. Sounds like she is on the mend. Cant wait till you announce she is going home! Smile
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:38 pm

im glad you spoke with the doctor and he gave you some better news then all the different stories you were getting. You made me laugh about her butt is so small, i just said the same thing to my mom about Makenzie's butt compared to her brother
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:41 pm

That's AWESOME news!!!!! Congrats on your healthy (if finicky) baby girl and on your hubby's new job! Will you be moving down to these parts??
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Great news!!!! I'm so glad you finally got to hold her too. Congrats!!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! They told me with Ava that since she was over 9 pounds, they had to be very careful to make sure she got enough food. I wonder if it's that Avery was 9lbs 12 oz? We ended up having to put her on soy because she wasn't taking to breastmilk, regular formula, lactose free formula, etc. I'm glad that it's nothing serious with her heart or the fluid in her lungs! And congrats to your husband on the job! Does that mean you'll be moving to NC?
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks Ladies...we don't have to move for the job. The company is just HQ'd in Charlotte so he had to go there for the Interview, but he will be covering the State of Virginia territory, so he can work out of our house here in Richmond. Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Great update! I'm so relieved to read that Avery is doing well and things are getting better. I can't wait to read the update that you get to bring her home. Any idea how long she'll have to stay there? (sorry if I missed it somewhere)

Congrats on Brad's new job! Great timing!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  curls82 Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:03 pm

That's awesome!! I'm so happy that you got some reliable info and it was all good news. Sylvi wasn't in the NICU but was a very finicky eater and ended up on a hypoallergenic formula. It was super expensive but it made a world of difference. Hopefully your little lady starts eating soon Smile
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:08 pm

Oh thank godness for some good news today. I am sooooooo happy for you.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 pm

I am so happy to hear everything is good with Avery! Any idea when she is going home?? Congrats to Brad on the new job. I am glad you got good news today!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:12 pm

According to the Neonatologist he would be surprised if she was still there this time next week, BUT that he works in a world where things go wrong, so he said its all dependant on "If she follows the rules" and as he put it, didn't eat the other Premiees in the NICU...the poor thing is already getting weight jokes.

Here she is, right before going to the NICU...but that strange red spot above her eye doesn't really exist, it must just be from the camera...

[url=Baby Avery Update AveryEmersonTurner22409Olivia036][IMG]
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Awww...how cute! I love the chubby cheeks! She is adorable!!!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:13 am

Awww!!! she is too cute!!! That's so wierd that the red spot came out on the pic?? scratch
I can't wait to see more pics!!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:44 am

She is absolutely beautiful! Congrats again & can't wait until we can see more pics. I just love her cheekies I love you
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:27 am

What a chunky monkey! All my kids do have red marks on their eyes or the tip of their noses. Its called stork bite. So when i saw the picture i thought nothing of it weird it just showed up in the picture. Have they started bottles yet? Cant wait to see more pics.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 am

She look sooo healthy!!! Those chubby cheeks must be pinched and kissed...I'm sure you'll be doing a lot of that soon! Glad that you got some reliable information from the Neonatologist, that certainly must help put things into perspective and give you a better idea of what to expect! I tried posted a bazillion times yesterday, but our internet kept going out...so I'm glad to finally be back in the loop! Keep us posted for sure on how she is doing!!! Hang in there!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:42 am

I'm so glad to hear that you've been given some good information and some hope to bring Avery home soon. She is absolutely precious, I can't wait to see more pictures.
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:50 am

Awwwww what a sweet pea!!! I love "meeting" all the new babies. Glad to hear you guys don't have to worry about moving (especially with the fantastic job you did on the nursery). She's gorgeous Leigh!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Another Quick Update...

We got here this morning and much to our surprise her IV was out, her feeding tube was gone and during the night she went from drinking 17cc's to 55cc's at a feeding, she is making improvements by the minute. Last night when we were here we had a long talk with the NP about everything, I felt very informed, which helps, and they prepared us for a few more days on the IV even if her feedings were going well, so we never expected to come in this morning, just 10 hours after we left her last night to find out she was weaned, and is doing great. She is however the color of a pumpkin, so she might be going under the lights for a day or two depending on how her levels look in the next day or two, but other than that she is basically ready to come home. They moved her to a Bassinet while we were with her this morning, so she is surrounded by all her own stuff now, which is nice, she is out of the scary observation warmer and looks like a healthy little baby. She is on Lacto-Free Formula (do they make a generic Lacto-Free?), so looks like that is our plan for when she comes home.

We are going to stick around here (the hospital) for her 12pm feeding, then go out to lunch to celebrate - HA.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

April - my Mom told me I had a lot of stork bites too when I was born.

The poor things head is all sticky from having the IV in her head - its so cute.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Leigh That is fantastic news!!!! Thanks for the update.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next