March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pity Party for 1

+5
LGTWifey
SequoiaAutumn
lisa_m
daj72705
GAMommy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pity Party for 1 Empty Pity Party for 1

Post  GAMommy Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:23 pm

So, my DH and DD just left to go to a super bowl party. Here I sit, by myself, in bed, on bedrest, with a few snacks and a glass of water. Oh, the joys of motherhood. I know it'll all be worth it, but I'm having a little pity party for myself Crying or Very sad
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Pity Party for 1 Empty Re: Pity Party for 1

Post  daj72705 Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:28 pm

I am so sorry, but is it ok if I join your pity party? I am not on bed rest but I am not allowed to eat all the yummy foods from the super bowl party. I am so hungry. I just want to pig out on chips and dip, pizza and cookies and cake and ice cream and the list goes on. Like you said the joys of motherhood. I am holding out for my baby shower next Saturday because I will be eating cake!!!!!!! Very Happy

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Hang in there! I don't know which is worse, not being at a party or being at one with all the delicious food and not being able to eat it! It's not like I even care all that much about football...just feel like it's one more thing I can't do because of "my condition." But, like I said, it'll all be worth it in the end!
GAMommy
GAMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Sorry ladies! DH and I went Superbowl snack shopping yesterday and got a big bowl of fruit and a bag of pretzels. Not exactly what we've had the last few years, but I'm okay with it. Hang in there!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:08 pm

I remember after i had Logan i had to stay home while dh and a bunch of church friends were gathered at another friends house in town. I was soo sad and felt left out. I think logan was just days old .. i didnt care i drove up there and joined them. I remember feeling the left out alot even after the babies were born. Then i looked at it like more time with baby by myself. Smile

We are not watching superbowl. No one here cares about it. If i can join your pity party, i will bring the Milano cookies!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:21 pm

Mmmm...Milano's are my FAV!!!
GAMommy
GAMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 pm

I was just thinking the same thing...the mint milano's are really yummy!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:45 pm

We aren't going to any parties either, Olivia goes to bed at 7pm so it just isn't worth it, last year we had people here, but I wasn't about to offer that up again this year just in case I felt like crapola.

I have been having contractions for the last 24 hours but with no pattern...strange.

Ironic that she is always in bed at 7pm, but its 7:44 right now and she won't get her buns out of the Bouncy Seat we just brought back from my parents house, I can imagine this is going to be interesting, having to tell her No about all the new baby stuff that is going to be coming into the house soon.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:04 pm

LGTWifey wrote:We aren't going to any parties either, Olivia goes to bed at 7pm so it just isn't worth it, last year we had people here, but I wasn't about to offer that up again this year just in case I felt like crapola.

I have been having contractions for the last 24 hours but with no pattern...strange.

Ironic that she is always in bed at 7pm, but its 7:44 right now and she won't get her buns out of the Bouncy Seat we just brought back from my parents house, I can imagine this is going to be interesting, having to tell her No about all the new baby stuff that is going to be coming into the house soon.

Yea, Ava keeps trying to squeeze her little bum into our new Bumbo seat. We didn't have one with her and she's facinated. That and she wants to be rocked to sleep every night...hasn't wanted to do that in over a year! Of course, I don't mind except that it's a little akward with the belly. Hope your contractions stop...this bedrest thing is no fun!
GAMommy
GAMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Yea, Ava keeps trying to squeeze her little bum into our new Bumbo seat.

That is HILARIOUS...we left the Bumbo seat at my parents because we knew she would try and get into it, and sadly enough she grew out of it when she was like 6 months old because she was so big, I didn't have the heart to bring it back only to have her struggle to fit her cheeks into it and get frustrated.

Olivia loves to lay her head on my stomach while she watches "Dee-Dee". (TV). She was never a big fan of being rocked to sleep, and while that was great then, it almost makes me sad now that I didn't get that bonding time with her. Knock on Wood.

I am afraid to set up the swing, I think she will really want to get into that, and she is too big, probably wouldn't hold her, and I don't want to upset her, so I am going to leave that to the last minute.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:58 pm

I just left the party at half-time. I wanted some quiet time and check this board of coarse! I will go back and pick my husband and son up in a couple of hours. I really just wanted some time to myself for once!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 pm

I don't blame you Shannon. I had some quiet time today while Olivia was napping and it was HEAVEN on earth.

One of my girlfriends actually made a good suggestion, she told me to send Brad home the last night in the hospital, have the nurses take the baby to the nursery and do at least one feeding with Formula and for me to spend some quiet time alone, since I won't get much of that for a few months....
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Wouldnt you get bored? We had a last dinner night alone our last night with Grayson. They gave us this really huge dinner with proper settings. The meal was awesome! But i was not ready to give Grayson up! lol I have issues! I guess i have been doing this for so long.. even when two kids are gone, the house is so weird and quiet. What will i do when my older teens move out? lol
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:19 pm

I can imagine it would be strange, I loved how busy the hospital was, people coming and going (some people would go nuts with all that going on, but I loved it). But I know I will have to be on from the time I get home, since I will have to put a lot of energy into making sure Olivia is okay and getting enough attention, so I thought that it might be a good idea to get a good nights sleep and have some time to myself, I was just thinking from the time I went to bed until the time I got up, not the whole evening, etc.

But in reality, I doubt it will happen, I just thought it was a good suggestion to give me some time to myself. I can't imagine my DH not staying in the hospital with me. My in-laws and parents will be here so Olivia will be in great hands...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:57 am

All I kept thinking during the game was how good a beer or alcohol drink would be right now! BAD thoughts, I know, but I almost went to go get an O'Douls just because I really had the taste for a beer!!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 am

Ooooh beer! I would totally settle for an Odoul's. I only crave beer when I am pregnant. I am a wine drinker in my normal life.

Also, I will be sending my husband and ds home so I can get some sleep while in the hospital. If the first night, I am out of it due to pain medication after my c/s then the baby will go to the nursery until I need to feed him.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:30 am

I cannot imagine my DH not there with me. He will be there with me when I stay at the hospital. My DD is staying with either my MIL or my neighbor...depending on what day it happens on. If it is during the week, she is going to my neighbor, if it is the weekend, then MIL. I don't want her school schedule getting messed up. MIL will take it upon herself (no matter what we want) to do as she pleases with DD. That is the way she is.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:19 am

Beer is ALL I could think about all day yesterday and Shannon, I am like you, usually a wine drinker, but around events like the Superbowl I dream of all the yummy beer in the world...only a few more weeks.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:42 pm

I feel bad not wanting my DH to stay the night at the hospital with me. I swear that he will want to watch t.v. when I will just want to sleep and relax. I would rather him stay at home during the night with my son so he can keep the same schedule and not feel like both of his parents deserted him.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Omg, you ladies and your beer talk. I dream about having a beer!! I dream about tall glasses of yummy beer floating like clouds..haha.

Is it March yet??? Embarassed
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:03 pm

I am not sure if my DH is going to stay with me either. We live about 15 mins from the hospital so commuting will not be an issue. My sister has told me that the first night I should let them take jake to the nursery and get some sleep. I want my DH to be able to get some sleep too and I know he won't be able to sleep in the hospital. Plus we have our dogs that will need to be taken care of. My mom and niece can help out if need be with the dogs. Of course all of this will depend on what time I have Jake and what day and if its vaginally or c-section. So basically at this point we are going to just wait and see.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Our birth center doesn't have a nursery, so we are rooming in for sure. On top of that, I don't think I could get Dan to go home after the delivery even if I begged him! He asks Owen every night to come out and play, and he's definitely not going to give up any time with him that soon. Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 pm

I had the nursery keep DD through the night...and I didn't even feel guilty about it! Of course their definition of night and mine are a little different. I fed her around 11 pm and then they brought her back in at 4 am. Still, 5 solid hours of sleep with a newborn is a luxury. I didn't let DH go home though...I was too freaked out to be by myself. This time, we'll have to see. Ava will be staying with my inlaws. We've been doing "practice" nights here and there to get her and them ready. Hopefully we'll be able to play it off as just one more night at Pop Pop's house!
GAMommy
GAMommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 pm

I have always let them take my baby to the nursery for the night. I ask them to give supplemental formula just for those night feedings. I usually end up with baby back with me around 6 am. It works out well and I can get some sleep. I know I won't be getting it at home, so I'll take it while I can!!!

Dh always goes home. We live 5 minutes away from the hospital (would only be about 3 if we could just cut thru the darn corn fields, lol). He takes care of the animals, esp the dog, and as we had kids he takes over watching them from whoever had them during the day. Another bonus, I don't have to listen to him snore!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:57 pm

Yeah seriously the snoring is enough to drink me UP THE WALL. Even though I sent Olivia to the Nursery during the night they still brought her back to me every 3 hours or so because I was breastfeeding, but my friends said if you ask them to a formula feeding during the night I will get at least 5 hours of sleep, that sounds like HEAVEN to me.

I didn't feel bad at all about sending her to the Nursery, I figured it was safer for her in there, they would take better care of her since they would be awake and I would at least trying to sleep - HA.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next