March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My turn today!

+5
lisa_m
JenniVange
SarinasLilAddition
YoungMomToBe1991
Karen
9 posters

Go down

My turn today! Empty My turn today!

Post  Karen Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:19 am

I have my level 2 u/s today. Keep us in your thoughts at 10:00 central, for a healthy baby report!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

My turn today! Empty Re: My turn today!

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:23 am

Goodluck!!!
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 am

WooHoo.. Good Luck!! Make sure you update us and post pics!! Hehe Very Happy
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:44 am

Good luck today!!!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Healthy baby! I really liked this woman who did the u/s. Out of all the kids, and all the u/s I've had, this is the first time any tech ever told me the numbers that they look for when measuring for things like down's, anecephaly, etc. No evidence of either of those, the baby had great measurements! No cleft lip or palate.

It was very active! I told dh on the drive over there (less than 10 min) that the baby has been more active this morning than it was all day yesterday. Well, it moved and squirmed so much during this u/s. She said every time she tried to get a shot it would roll away. She did get every measurement she needed, and didn't run the numbers while I was there but said that growth is right on track for my due date.

She stayed away from the privates. There was a time she was down by the lower spine and butt, and I did watch to see if I saw anything, but she managed to stay just enough away from the area so that the goodies didn't show. Yea, I get my surprise at delivery!

I'll post pics later, I just wanted to get my update in.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Congratulations on a strong, active, HEALTHY baby!! Sometimes I wish I had the patience of you - to be able to wait for a suprise at delivery, but I just couldn't wait! I figure it was still a suprise for us, just in half the time of delivery...

CONGRATS AGAIN!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks!

Sarina, I didn't have the patience before. I found out with all the other kids before hand. This time I want the surprise, so I'm making myself be patient, lol. I thought it would be hard to resist during the u/s, but I must have had myself psyched up enough that I was able to not tell her to look.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:42 pm

That's great it went so well! I always thought I wanted to wait, until I hit about 10 weeks with this pregnancy. I don't think I could have made it without finding out yesterday. My little guy was super squirmy too (so we got almost 2 hours to watch him!), but it made it tough to get lots of pictures.

I love that things are going so well with everyone! Congrats!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Wonderful news, Karen!! So glad your Little One is doing great... how nice the tech actually told you what was going on!!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Great news. Congrats on the Healthy little one...

I am with you Sarina, I wish I had the patience too, I keep telling my DH, that if we have 3 or 4, then with the last one I will let it be a surprise, but I know myself, I just don't know how I could do it. And I realized that its the shallow side of me, its the shopping side of me that can't stand the wait. I am not a huge fan of the yellow and green nursery theme, so I need to know the gender so I can decorate, so with not finding out, I wish I could find a nursery set that I was madly in love with, then I think I could handle it.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:24 pm

LGTWifey wrote:Great news. Congrats on the Healthy little one...

I am with you Sarina, I wish I had the patience too, I keep telling my DH, that if we have 3 or 4, then with the last one I will let it be a surprise, but I know myself, I just don't know how I could do it. And I realized that its the shallow side of me, its the shopping side of me that can't stand the wait. I am not a huge fan of the yellow and green nursery theme, so I need to know the gender so I can decorate, so with not finding out, I wish I could find a nursery set that I was madly in love with, then I think I could handle it.

Right there with you.. I'm way too much of a "planner" to let it be a suprise. S.O. only said ONCE that he wanted it to be a suprise. Then we went to Target (very early on, like 6 weeks) just to look at stuff.. and he almost had a meltdown, because "how the hell would we know what to buy?!" (In his words..haha). I agree with you as not a huge fan of the yellow/green nursery... I just gotta know..haha. Maybe one of our kids one day will be stubborn and we wont be able to find out, but until then.. BURST MY UNKNOWING BUBBLE AT 20 WEEKS, PLEASE!! Haha.. :-D
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:34 pm

I always thought I wanted to wait, until I actually got pregnant. I was preparing myself for not being able to tell yesterday, but I would have been devastated. Then again, if you're choosing not to find out, I bet it's not such a letdown.

More power to you!!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:58 pm

It is MUCH easier when you don't want to find out, you psych yourself up for not knowing and actually doing what you can to make sure the u/s tech remembers not to go down there. When I first got pg, I discussed with dh about not finding out. He was a little hesistant, but it didn't take long to get him to agree with me.

With the other 4 kids, I had to know every single time. With #1 and #3, they wouldn't show us. I was so disappointed. I did end up finding out at 8 mos with #1 and at around 30 weeks with #3.

I think it was also easier for me this time to make the decision because we have both sexes already (3 girls, then our boy). I love to plan things out too, but have the clothes shopping covered. When it gets to be time for buying clothes (that I will still be able to return within 90 days for many stores' return policies), then I'm going to buy both sexes. I'll keep all receipts with the clothes and keep girl clothes in one box and boys in another. Then after the baby is born, we'll just return the ones we don't need. As for a nursery, that luxury went out the door with #4, he stayed in our room. This baby will have to do the same. I already have girl and boy bedding themes, they are still in great shape and I'll just pull out the storage bins and dh can make the crib up after the baby's born (while I'm still in the hospital). But.....if I had an entire room to make a nursery again, I know I wouldn't be able to not find out.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:55 pm

Congrats Karen! Thats awesome news. I too always thought that I would want to wait to find out. Once I got pregnant I wanted to be able to plan and buy things for him and well I just had to know.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Congrats on getting to watch your healthy baby play!!! Glad to hear everythign went well!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content