March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

birthing classes???

4 posters

Go down

birthing classes??? Empty birthing classes???

Post  alnaday Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Is anyone taking/ has taken a birthing class?? What are some of the cost?? Is it worth it?? I have heard from some people that it is pointless to take one because, you have so much help from the hospital staff, and in the heat of the moment you forget everything that you learned anyway. Ladies what do you think???
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

birthing classes??? Empty Re: birthing classes???

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:12 pm

I have never once taken the class. I that it was a big huge waste of money.

If you plan on going drug free then it may be worth it. I had an epidural so I had no pain. The nurse told me when to push and when to rest.

So really you need to figure out your birth plan and see what is right for you.

You could always call and see if you could stop in and watch a class and see if it is somrthing you would want to do.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  jenryannatas Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:15 pm

a lot of them are also free so you wouldn't be out anything, I know at one of the hospitals here (not the one we're delivering at) they offer birthing classes that are free, I think we might try and get a few in, might as well if they don't cost anything, plus I'm trying to go natural and do not have a doula or a midwife so I need all the help I can get! Very Happy
jenryannatas
jenryannatas

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:32 pm

This Bean is my first, so I will be taking a class. It is offered through the hospital that I'm giving birth at, and my insurance actually covers it. I am not even required to pay a copay. The one I'm taking is only 4 weeks long, one class per week on Wednesdays... the pamphlet I have says it covers: Relaxation Exercises, Breathing Techniques, Hospital Tours, Baby Care Class, Breastfeeding Tips, Techniques & Instruction.

My "plan" is to go through birth without drugs - but am VERY open to the fact I just might not be able to handle it, and may need the drugs. But I figure this is the first step in preparing myself!!

My OB also told me that there's also another class (a bit shorter, I believe) that is free, but since I've got the insurance coverage, why not.

Good luck on your decision!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down