March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to call Dr. about swelling?

5 posters

Go down

When to call Dr. about swelling? Empty When to call Dr. about swelling?

Post  Cheirogloss Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:05 am

I read the swelling post and am definately in the same boat. The issue is that my feet, ankles and knees have almost doubled in size over the past 5 days. It hurts to walk, I can't bend at the knees to squat, and I can't even get shoes or socks on my feet. Last night DH saw my feet and says he has never seen anyone with swollen feet like mine unless they had broken a bone. My feet are so swollen, I am afraid that the skin is going to split. They look like cartoon feet.

My bp has always been fine at the Drs, but I am getting worried. Could pre-e show up for the first time at 34 weeks?
Cheirogloss
Cheirogloss

Back to top Go down

When to call Dr. about swelling? Empty Re: When to call Dr. about swelling?

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 am

I have pitting edema (major swelling issues..lol).. but the DR told me that if my swelling increases drastically from what it has been to call and have your BP checked. So if it's a HUGE change for you from "normal" swelling, I would call.

Always better safe than sorry. I'd much rather them tell you, "Yes, BP is ok, you're just swollen" than not call and have something wrong.

Good Luck!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymommy2b Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:15 am

I have recently developed pitting edema too. My feet and legs feel like they are about to split open. However, my BP is fine so doc said not to worry. Just put your feet above your heart when you can.
crazymommy2b
crazymommy2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 am

If u are very concerned, u should call the doc, that's what he's making the big bucks for, right.!?

But unless u noticed significant and sudden swelling in ur face, he will probably just tell u to make sure u put ur feet up, drink water and stay away from salt...
Good Luck, Hope ur feeling better!!

I'm with u on this one, too.
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:35 am

Yes Pre-Eclampsia could show up at this stage, my friend didn't develop it until 36W and I was showing signs of it at 40W so that is why I was induced with Olivia...

I would recommend calling, or if you can, run by a pharmacy or Wal-Mart and check your own BP, that way you can give your Doc a report and won't have to make a special trip in there just to have your BP checked. I know April said she checks her own whenever she is out and about, I did it the other day when I was swelling a lot. I would also make sure you are watching what you are eating, stay away from the Sodium and drink lots and lots and lots of water.

Sorry you are so uncomfortable, stay off your legs as much as you can Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down