March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I may be induced

+3
mini*van*mama
Blessed with baby #2
daj72705
7 posters

Go down

I may be induced Empty I may be induced

Post  daj72705 Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Any advice or stories about this? I have heard that it can be a lengthy process. If I am not induced and try to wait to go into labor on my own then I run the risk of my boy being larger than 9 pounds. I am already terrified that he will probably be 9 pounds. My OB did tell me that his head is fitting nicely into my pelvis. I am just really nervous and what if his lungs aren't fully developed? I am really starting to freak out about this. I can't believe there is a chance my boy will be here within 2 weeks! Wow!
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

I may be induced Empty Re: I may be induced

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:33 pm

daj72705 wrote:Any advice or stories about this? I have heard that it can be a lengthy process. If I am not induced and try to wait to go into labor on my own then I run the risk of my boy being larger than 9 pounds. I am already terrified that he will probably be 9 pounds. My OB did tell me that his head is fitting nicely into my pelvis. I am just really nervous and what if his lungs aren't fully developed? I am really starting to freak out about this. I can't believe there is a chance my boy will be here within 2 weeks! Wow!

I was induced and fromt he start of the process and actually holding her in my arms was less than an hour and a half. I only pushed twice. It was a great experiance for me.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Ok I will give you a good and a bad story.

I was put in the hospital with Jared on my due date 2-20-2000 with pre-e. They gave my cervidil for 12 hours to soften my cervix and begin dilating me. Checked nothing had changed. So they had me wait a couple hours and tried it again. It is not 2-21. They check me again after 12 hours and nothing. Give me another one right away and check me again, now 2-22 and nothing. So yup that is 72 housr in the hospital to get induced with no food. So they give some time off the cervidil so I can eat and shower. Start over again on 2-23 another 12 hours with nothing. At this time I am just pleading for a c/s. I was in pain from being in this bed for all these days, and having no energy from not eating. They said NO. So the next dose(6 or 7) got me to 1cm!!!. Still had to do one more alone to soften me up some more. So on 2-25 after hours on top of hours I am finally soften enough to start my pit. That of course did nothing for me. So they broke my water around 3:30. Well that was a mess. I had so much water they had to call house keeping to come in and mop up the floor and bring me a whole new bed Embarassed . So I went till 12am before it was time to push and I pushed for 90 minutes. He came out looking like he blonged to the cones heads instead of me. affraid .

Caitlin was my easy one. I got put in the hospital with her 3 days past me due date. We got there at 7:30pm. They put in my cervidil around 8:30pm. Took it out around 8:30am. I was 2cm and soft. They started my pit and came in and broke my water around 10am. I got checked around 11:30 and I was 4cm, so EVERYBODY left me to go get lunch. I started feeling pressure about 12 and they came and checked and I was at 8. They told me to call everybody back that I wanted in the room. So dh had left the hospital and he was not answering his phone. My mom was walking around saying hi to everybody she use to work with so I had he paged. At 12:45 dh got there and they were putting my legs up. I started pushing at 12:50 and had her 12 minutes later.

Dylan I walked around 3 cm and 75% for 2 weeks and had him 1 week early. So I got to skip the cervidil. I got to the hospital at 6am Sleep . Got my pit started around 7:30. Everything was going fine. They broke my water around 10:30am. It was a long day. Around 7:30pm my midwife comes in and has me flip to my left side. DH had just left to run down to get a fork so he could eat his dinner my mom and mil brought back for him. All of a sudden they kicked my mom and mil out of the room and had my bed(head of it) laid all the way back to where I had to hold on. 5 more nurses came in after the nurse with midwife had her call them in. Dylan's heartbeat dropped as dh walked in to find out what was going on they rushed me out of my room while my midwife was on the bed her hand in me. I was going straight to the OR. They had called the Dr in to do an emergency c/s. By the time I got in there his heart beat was back to normal and I was 10cm. So I just started dialating super fast. With in 10 minutes I went from 6-10cm. So I had him in the OR on the table with no leg holsters(dh calls them that) with my Dr that came in for my c/s holding one leg and nurse hoilding the other. I started pushing at 9 and had him at 9:45. So not to bad seeing I had nothing to hold my hands on to help push or anything.

So there is a bad, good and bad story for you.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Dee...

When are they talking about inducing you? I am on the schedule for 6:45am on 2/24, no Cervidal for me this time since my "Cervix is Favorable" already.

Here is my story: I was induced with Olivia 3 days late. I was 2cm and probably about 80% effaced when I went into the hospital. I checked in around 5pm, they gave me Cervidal, I was contracting on my own when they hooked me to the monitor (but I couldn't feel them), the Cervidal ended up causing the contractions to come super fast and on top of each other, but they weren't doing anything, so they took it out around 11pm. I was able to eat dinner that night though, because the plan was to "Induce Me" the following morning, so I was allowed to eat. They woke me up around 5am so I could shower, I could feel the contractions at this point, but just barely (keep in mind Cervidal was NOT inside me anymore, this was all happening on its own). My OB came in around 7am, broke my water (painfree) and hooked me to Pitocin about 7:30am, at 9:00am they said the girl in the room next to me was getting her Epidural and asked if I wanted to be next in line while they were on our floor (you don't want to be in a situation where you want it and you have to wait for hours), they checked me, I was 3cm, by 10:30am I was pain free from the Epidural working its magic, and I was ready to take a nap. I woke up again around 1:00pm, the Labor Nurse checked me, I was 8.5cm at that point but Olivia was still really high, hadn't really dropped yet, my OB was coming around doing rounds, so she ended up checking me around 1:30 and I was 10cm, but Olivia was still really high, so she said "You can either try and push her out, which I don't recommend, or we can jack your Pitocin and let it work her down", I chose that second option, took another nap (still painfree, didn't feel a thing), woke up around 3:30 or so, she had dropped a little bit, so we did a few practice pushes, and then I rested for a few minutes while she dropped some more and by 4:15 we were ready to push for real, and at 4:57pm she arrived Smile

My OB doesn't like to induce people if they aren't showing "favorable signs" because it doesn't tend to work as well, so she says...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Oh yeah and I should add. Out of my friends (8 births) only 1 went into labor on her own, the others were all induced and none of them ended in a C-Section.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I was induced with both of my sons.
#1 I was 11 days past my due date. I have never had cervidl-- or whatever. I have just been hooked right up to Pitocin. I went in with #1 at 6:00 by the time they hooked me up it was probably close to 7-7:30 Brennen was born at 5:20pm.
Same thing with Mason, I was 8 days late, in at 6:00am and He was born at 6:09pm, I hav heard that it is more painful,I guess, but I have nothing to compare it to. I also have gone Natural with both, except with Brennen I had 2 doses of Nubane, which I am told is like Demerol. That helped me sleep. But I didn't like the way it made me feel. so I decided to go completely natural with Mason. Minus the Pitocin! Smile
I don't expect to go into Labor with this one. I'd like to, I guess, But who knows.

The Doctor knows what he is doing, I can't imagine that he would induce u if the baby would be in danger. Has Jacob been measuring on time, with the u/s and all??
if so, his lungs should be developed enough by 38 weeks.

Good luck, Dee!! it's exciting to know that ur going to meet ur first LO soon!!!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Thanks for all the stories. My OB is talking about inducing around 38 weeks. His concern is that Jacob is going to get to big if we wait for me to go into labor on my own. At my next appt on the 13th we will discuss it more and see if I have dilated anymore. I am just nervous. I do trust my OB and I would rather be induced than have to have a c-section. At the same time I am getting so excited to be meeting my boy here in the next couple of weeks.

Leigh we haven't discussed actual dates yet. 38 weeks for me is the week of Feb 15th.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Dee - Jake will be fine at 38W, don't you worry your pretty little head...I came out at 35W and went home with my Momma 4 days later Smile He could always do another U/S to confirm size (although I have been told by Tech's that U/S can still be up to a pound off) around 38W and make the call then. Like I have said a trillion times before, my OB doesn't seem to worry about the size...some OB's are just careful about it.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:31 pm

My OB said he really didn't feel like an ultrasound would tell him anything different than he already knows. He is guessing Jake weighs about 7 and 1/2 pounds now. He said the last few weeks babies gain about 1/2 pound a week. I know my OB does feel like size is a risk factor and so he doesn't want Jake getting any bigger. I am trying not to worry. I need to enjoy these last few weeks of being just me and my DH. I also need to get a move on getting this house ready for my little man!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:41 pm

Yeah mine said the same thing about not needing another U/S, HOWEVER my OB was of by 2+lbs with her estimate on the day Olivia was born, so I am guessing an U/S would have been a tad more accurate Smile HA.

I am guessing my OB isn't worried about size this time around since I was okay with Olivia's size...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom to Boo-Rae Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Inducation story that ended in a c-section

I was admitted to the hospital on a Tuesday night around 5. They put the cervadil in around 7 pm. That morning I was NOTHING, but they still started the Pit. I was on the pit all day with no food and NOTHING happened. Wednesday night they decided to let me be free and take a break. Started the pit again Thursday morning and was on pit all day with no food. NOTHING happened. Thursday night they put another cervadil in. Around 5 AM Friday morning I woke up to some pretty painful contractions. They couldn't take the pit out early without the doctors approval, so I had to wait to be checked. They finally got approval to take it out early and I was at a 5. I got to take a bath (finally) and relaxe before starting the pit. I finally got an epi at 8. Dilated to a 10 and pushed for about 1 1/2 hours and she wouldn't descend. She was cocked to the side and couldn't get passed my pubic bone, so off to a c-section. She also had the lovely cone head from being stuck in the pelvis.

Mom to Boo-Rae

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey Dee, 37 weeks is actually considered full term- and most babies lungs are ready by 34-35 weeks. I was told by my OB- that they can check the lungs via ultrasound to make sure they are good- before they induce. It was brought up to me, because my baby is a little on the big side, and because of the GD.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanks for the info ladies.

Kboogie, thanks for the ultrasound info. If I am still feeling uneasy about this I will request another ultrasound to check his lungs. I am glad no decisions have been made yet. He wants to see how I am doing next week and go from there. Because of my GD my boy is on the big side and is only getting bigger.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down