March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a date!! Getting induced...

+12
Blessed with baby #2
SarinasLilAddition
curls82
Jillian21180
ldw1193
SequoiaAutumn
LGTWifey
alnaday
daj72705
dsdavin
Limedrop
GSDmommy
16 posters

Go down

I have a date!! Getting induced... Empty I have a date!! Getting induced...

Post  GSDmommy Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:28 pm

... next Monday, March 16th. We will go in Sunday night for the cervix stuff, then they will start Pitocin Monday morning. They don't want me to go much past 39 weeks because I have a history of high blood pressure (although it's been well controlled for the entire pregnancy). Friday will be 39 weeks, but they don't induce on the weekends.

Yay for being able to make plans!! I decided that Weds. will be my last day in the office, so only two days left of work... hooray!! Very Happy Will take Thurs. and Fri. for final preparations, maybe some time to relax and rest up for the biggest event of my life next week.

OMG, is that a light at the end of the tunnel?? What a Face And, baby Miles will be a Pisces, so that's a good thing, too. cheers
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

I have a date!! Getting induced... Empty Re: I have a date!! Getting induced...

Post  Limedrop Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 pm

WOO HOO CONGRADS!! that is awesome! i know u and i had the same due date and its funny cause iw as originally suppose to get induced on the 16th too but i wanted a diff dr and he wasnt on call until the 18th so my options were the 13th or the 18th with the dr i wanted.. I picked the 18th.. why? i dont know, i should have just picked the 13th and not let the whole FRIDAY THE 13TH get to me but whatever lol.. YEY BABY MILES IS ALMOST HERE!!! Very Happy
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:26 pm

That is great that you both have inductions. It is so much easier that way! I am with you on the "Friday the 13th". Now that I have said that I am sure that I will go into labor that day!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:30 pm

congrats amy! i know you are so excited! enjoy your last few days because you will be a mommy very soon!!! Very Happy
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:32 pm

I have to say first congrats on a date, but i'm a bit jealous both of you have dates and will be having your babies soon i am still on the waiting game Crying or Very sad
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Congrats! That is exciting, best of luck to you! We can't wait to meet Miles!
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Thats so awesome!!! I was all for Sequoia picking her own date.. but at the end.. its just so exhausting to wait it out. I cant wait to hear all about baby Miles arrival!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 pm

YAY!! That is the same dates I am going in!! 16th at 5pm!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:18 pm

thanks, ladies! i am so excited... but part of me is still not believing there will be a baby joining our family next week... i guess that will change in a hurry when he arrives!! Shocked

hang in there, Marie... the wait is coming to a close for you, too... even April 1 isn't that far away, if you go that long. Smile
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Congrats on getting the date!! Looks like our babies will be about a day apart, maybe!!! Laughing
I am scheduled to be induced on tuesday!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  curls82 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm right there w/ you. Jorja May will be here via induction (if not before) on Monday. We go in at 7:45am. Looks like there will be lots of babies that day. How exciting!!

Are you dialated any yet? I had my final dr. apt. today and I asked him how the induction would go.....and if I would be doing the cervidel the night before...or that morning etc. and he said NO WAY! He said I was way to far along for that (meaning my cervix) and that she's already dropped low enough and my bag of water is right there so no need for anything besides the pitocin. But I'm only dialated to a 2 1/2.He said we'd come in, they'd get it started and depending on where her head is....go ahead and break my water right awy....and off we go Smile Although now that I think about it, he may have said something about this being my second baby and that had something to do w/ it to??

Well, I'm so excited for you and it's exciting knowing we'll be going through it at the exact same time (if we don't pop them out earlier Smile which would be nice). Can't wait to see pics of baby M!!
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:46 pm

you're in much better shape than me, curls!

the doc said today my cervix is "not even close"... way up high, and about as ripe as a bright green banana, apparently. (and that's after DTD 3X this weekend!)

so, she said, the induction could be a long process (like 2 days) and chance for c-section is pretty high... but the docs (and dh and I!) don't want to risk problems developing with Miles, since my age and health history put us in high risk territory. so we'll give it a whirl, and if we end up with c-section, so be it. i just want to hold my baby boy!! I love you I love you I love you
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 am

You never know going in Amy. I had no idea I would end up having a c-section. Like you said whatever it takes to be holding our babies. I knew going in being induced could take a while and it did. That was with me being 3 cm and 80%. So keep your options open and a c-sections isn't that bad if it ends up that way. Just takes a little longer to heal.

I am so excited for all of you ladies having your babies soon. I can't wait to see pics and hear the stories!!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:04 am

YAY for having a date! How exciting. I'm jealous...lol. I'm sure that this little Princess isn't gonna show until April.. omg..lol.. thats a long way away.. haha.
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 am

Wow what great news. I know you have to be excited. I can't wait to see pictures.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Amy--congrats!!! I'm so glad that Miles will be here soon!! Good luck!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Amy, that is sooo exciting!!! I know these last few days are going to drag by (at least I felt my last few days were soooo slow), but then all of a sudden, there you'll go and the next thing you know, you'll be holding Mr. Miles in your arms!!! It's such a surreal feeling, Sophia is a week old today and I still can't believe she's finally here!! Hope you can really enjoy this last week and get everything done you need to get done--thank goodness you will be done with work and can focus on just being home and ready-ing things up for Miles. You know we'll be waiting to hear all about it!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Limedrop wrote:WOO HOO CONGRADS!! that is awesome! i know u and i had the same due date and its funny cause iw as originally suppose to get induced on the 16th too but i wanted a diff dr and he wasnt on call until the 18th so my options were the 13th or the 18th with the dr i wanted.. I picked the 18th.. why? i dont know, i should have just picked the 13th and not let the whole FRIDAY THE 13TH get to me but whatever lol.. YEY BABY MILES IS ALMOST HERE!!! Very Happy

Magda....Friday the 13th is a great day to have a baby!! Alyssa came on Friday, Feb. 13!

Congrats on having a date Amy! That is very exciting. I cannot wait to see pictures of Miles. I hope your delivery goes quickly and smooth! We will all be thinking of you! cheers
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 pm

I'm glad you've got your date set! It makes it so more real, doesn't it? The big day will be here soon!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down