March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING T.M.I.... skin tags?

+3
SequoiaAutumn
mini*van*mama
Limedrop
7 posters

Go down

WARNING T.M.I.... skin tags? Empty WARNING T.M.I.... skin tags?

Post  Limedrop Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:00 am

ok so this is a lil T.M.I but if i cant come to u girls who can i go to right??? So before i got pregnant i had a small little bump on my bikini line (inner bikini line) which never bothered me, it kinda looked like a mole and it was no big deal i just had to make sure i shaved around it so i wouldnt cut myself.. Well the last 3 months it has brown to the size of 1/2 a dime (pencil eraser is better way to describe the size i guess) and 6 other "bumps" have shown up!! No the big one basically looks like a small flap of skin, it never bothered me until it started to rub againts my underwear when i would put them on, and now it even rubs when i walk sometimes and its not the best feeling in the world. Crying or Very sad It pretty much feels like somebody is pulling my skin.. So i ask my dr about it today at my 29wk app and he said those are skin tags and they are very common in pregnant women. You get them in high friction places like ur underarms, under ur breast if u are a large size cup, or in my case my bikini line.. My dr says i can get them removed if they bother me and im thinking about asking him at my next visit (the 19th) if i can get them removed before the baby comes so its one less thing to worry about...

So anyway has anyone else gotten these????? i had no idea u can get these until now.. i guess its one of those untold things about pregnancy, sure enough it was in my WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOURE EXPECTING book too under SKIN TAGS.. Sad
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

WARNING T.M.I.... skin tags? Empty Re: WARNING T.M.I.... skin tags?

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:05 am

Yep I have had them. There are a couple things you can do at home to get rid of them (if you are brave)

1.Shave the sucker off. It only hurts for like a minute.
2.Ice it up and grab some clippers.

I am 100% for real. I had a skin tag pop up the week of my wedding. So I grabbed some ice numbed the shit out of it got the big toe nail clippers out and cut it off. It hurt a lot because it was on my face, but with in 5 minutes I was fine.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:06 am

I have never had one but my bff had one in the exact same spot. During delivering.. well after the baby was born.. the doctor just quickly removed it. She gave her a shot of novicane and cut it off. My bff said it was no big deal but she has a high tollerance for pain. I guess its not as bad as giving birth.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:17 am

mini*van*mama wrote:Yep I have had them. There are a couple things you can do at home to get rid of them (if you are brave)

1.Shave the sucker off. It only hurts for like a minute.
2.Ice it up and grab some clippers.

I am 100% for real. I had a skin tag pop up the week of my wedding. So I grabbed some ice numbed the shit out of it got the big toe nail clippers out and cut it off. It hurt a lot because it was on my face, but with in 5 minutes I was fine.

omg u are brave!! lol there is no way i could do that, it hurts when i even just tug at it, forget trying to cut it off! lol..
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:21 am

SequoiaAutumn wrote:I have never had one but my bff had one in the exact same spot. During delivering.. well after the baby was born.. the doctor just quickly removed it. She gave her a shot of novicane and cut it off. My bff said it was no big deal but she has a high tollerance for pain. I guess its not as bad as giving birth.

yeah i guess thats an option too i just dunno if i can last that long, its really starting to bother me when it rubs agiants my undies when i walk.. Also since theres so many of them (like i said its only one big one the others are about the size of a small pimple but thats how the big one started off as) that i would want them all removed at once and i dunno how my dr would feel about sitting there after i just gave birth and removing 6 or 7 small tags.. I would think he would prefer to do it in his office before or after the baby is born so he doesnt have to rush?? i had a mole removed before and it was no big deal, they numbed up my skin and skaved it off which im sure is how they will do these.. Like i said though with so many right after delivery iw ould worry u would be rushing and wouldnt getthem all, and 2 after delivery (lets say at my 1st or 2nd dr visit) with me bleeing like someone turned the skin on i dunno how comfertable iw ould be sitting on thetable with my legs wide open for 10 min while he did his thing.. SO TO ME BEFORE the baby comes is the best option i think.. i just hope he can do it so i dont have to go to a dermotologist, uhhh thats what i need one more person to see my croch hahaha..
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:23 am

OMG I JUST RED OVER MY POST AND THERE WERE SOOOO MANY SPELLING ERRORS lol.. sorry yall i swear im better than that!!! Im horrible at spelling but im not THAT bad haha.. I just type really fast and my letters get mixed.. oh well Suspect
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:55 am

I have a little tiny one smack on my left nipple. SO odd... I haven't decided what I'll do with it yet... it doesn't hurt or bother me, it's just kind of odd looking. Unless it hinders in BF, it's probably going to be a part of me forever.

Lovely Aniras for making odd things pop up!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:50 am

I had a mega huge one on the back of my neck, and several smaller ones. Here's what I did, and it worked for all of them. Pinch the base of them as hard as you can stand it. If you pull it a little ways away from you, and pinch right where the skin goes from brown tag to skin color it won't hurt much. I pinched using my thumb nail against my pointer finger skin. I would pinch the big sucker for 10 minutes, and the little ones for about 2 min. I pinched them once a day. After a day, the smaller ones turned darker and hard. After that, they didn't really hurt at all to pinch. They fell off completely after about a week. For the big sucker, I resorted to pinching it twice a day, it took longer to turn dark & hard, and it took a month before it fell off. They have never come back, it's been 1.5 years since I got rid of them.

I've read (but never tried) that some people will take a piece of thread and tie it very tightly around the base of the tag. Leave it there, don't try to cut the string off. After a few days the tag will fall off. It is constant pressure on the tag so it works quickly. I didn't do it because if I couldn't stand the feeling, I didn't want to be stuck with it that way until it fell off. Plus, on the back of my neck the string would have been visible and I didn't want to look like a dork!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheirogloss Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:03 am

I got 5 or 6 of them under my right armpit during the first trimester. I have an appt with a dermatologist in April and he said he is either going to freeze them off with liquid nitrogen or burn them off with a laser. He said to wait until after the LO gets here so we can get all of them if more show up. If you have insurance, I would just call a dermatologist and make an appt.
Cheirogloss
Cheirogloss

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 am

Many years ago I had a skin tag and my doctor suggested using dental floss and tie it around the skin tag. It was weird but it worked. After a while it fell off.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:53 am

Dee, was it a constant annoying feeling while it was tied off? I have 2 in my armpit that I need to take care of.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:07 pm

My skin tag was right below the top of my underwear. Once it was on it didn't irritate me. The hard part for me was actually tying it on. Just made me sick to my stomach for some reason. What annoyed me was knowing that it was there.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down