March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diapers............

+12
alnaday
GAMommy
TechieMom
SarinasLilAddition
Blessed with baby #2
LGTWifey
SequoiaAutumn
lisa_m
ldw1193
dsdavin
daj72705
mini*van*mama
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Diapers............ Empty Diapers............

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 pm

So we the Formula/Breastfeeding thread so lets add a diaper thread Very Happy

I will be using disposable diapers. Here are my I love you brands and my Evil or Very Mad brands.

I love you
*White cloud from Walmart(these is my all time best, have been using them for 9+ years)
*Pampers
*Target Brand
*Luvs

Evil or Very Mad
*Huggies(they always leak)
*Dry Babies from Walmart(another leaker)
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Diapers............ Empty Re: Diapers............

Post  daj72705 Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:07 pm

I will be using disposable diapers.
This is my first so my experience with diapers has been with my nanny job. They use pampers and I really like those.
I am willing to give the White Cloud a try.

Do you know the price difference between Pampers and White Cloud?

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:29 pm

I will be cloth diapering but supplementing with disposables if I go out of the house or out of town. I am home most of the time so it should be pretty easy (I say that now). I plan to use BumGenius cloth diapers.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:36 pm

I have only ever used pampers and huggies!! We plan to do the same with this one. We haven't had any problems with them. I REALLY wanted to try cloth this time, but DH is not really liking the idea much. I guess I have 9 more weeks to get him to agree, at least for when we are at home!!!

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:37 pm

My husband freaked out that one cloth diaper was $20. I am hoping that it will be cost effective if I can keep it up.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:42 pm

I think we're going to try a cloth diapering service. My midwife loves BumGenius, but I don't want to have to do all that laundry myself all the time. I plan to have some disposables on hand for running errands where I don't want to carry around dirty diapers, but I'm planning on mostly cloth.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:48 pm

We are sticking to the traditional Pampers Swaddlers. I have used them with all my kids. Grayson is using Luvs because he is older now. I like them but they are not my favorite. I really wanted to cloth diaper with an all in one. But i cant get dh on board with it fully and i agree that the laundry is already a huge thing here no need to add to it. Sorry enviroment! My kids have always been allergic to cheap diapers even Huggies and those are not cheap. I always delt with rashes and yeast infections from the diapers. So Pampers it has been.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Dee there is a nice price different with White Cloud.

I bought a pack of newborn the other day and they were $6.97 for 40(I think 40) while Pampers/Huggies were $11.xx. Luvs were $8.xx.

Now I buy the box for Dylan since he is size 5. It $14.97 a box and I get 92(again I think) where pampers/huggies are $22.xx.

I like to use Pampers, but I just can not spend that much on diapers. So when they are on sale I get them. Like Target had a box almost 200 back in October and I got it for $17. With a $2.50 off coupon. Very Happy
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:21 pm

With my DD we tried them all, she came home in Huggies Natural Care and we bounced between those and Pampers Swaddlers for the first few months. But she has been using White Cloud for the last several months and I love them. MUCH CHEAPER. With this one, we plan on using Huggies Natural Care or Swaddlers for the first few months to make sure her skin adjusts to the outside world...

Here is my list:

Like/Love:
White Cloud
Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers
Huggies Natural Care

So-so:
Target Brand - can't use them at night, but okay during the day.
Luvs

Hate:
Huggies Natural Dry
Especially for Baby - BRU Brand.

I haven't tried Parents Choice from Wal-Mart yet, has anyone else? I tried their wipes and I HATE HATE HATE them. They aren't attached, so you have to take one out at a time and they don't go through the hole, so you have to open the bin every time. I like the actual wipe, but they are a PITA.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Well, I planned to shop in bulk with income tax at SAMS and I think they carry Huggies but I honestly prefer Lovs.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Well, I'm a first time mom so I can only base my experience on my niece and nephew. They both were allergic to all brands of diapers except Pampers.. so my sister used Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers.

I plan to do the same for at least the first few months. I'll give the White Cloud ones a shot just because I've heard so many rave reviews.. but for the beginning, we'll start with Swaddlers Smile
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I love Walmart wipes! I have a pack of huggies wipes here and it drives me nuts they are all stuck together! lol
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  TechieMom Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:15 pm

I am going to use a diaper service for the first few months, then switch to the Bum Genius cloth diapers that I will wash at home. That way I have a little time to get used to being a mom before I have to start washing dirty diapers. My sister uses the Bum Genius and loves them. I may use disposables when out and about, but it's hard for me to predict for sure since this is my first.
TechieMom
TechieMom

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:06 pm

I've used Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers with DD and LOVE them! In a pinch I've tried Huggies and Luvs and hated them both. Pampers hardly ever leak and they're so much softer on their little bums. Reading all of these reviews though (thanks for starting this thread!), I think maybe I'll give White Cloud a try!
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Those of you that try White Cloud, you'll never go back... lol!

Make sure you get the purple bag, because the yellow(Parents Choice) bag is HORRIBLE.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:40 pm

another sticky please this is great stuff, especial for first timers.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:41 pm

The people i babysat for used white cloud and i hated them sorry Embarassed
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymommy2b Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:50 pm

We have bought Huggies for the past 11 years...so I don't know anything else!! We had to use Huggies because in the '90's they were the only latex free diaper. Now I hear that Pampers is also latex free so we may try the swaddlers.
crazymommy2b
crazymommy2b

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:41 pm

SequoiaAutumn wrote:We are sticking to the traditional Pampers Swaddlers. I have used them with all my kids. Grayson is using Luvs because he is older now. I like them but they are not my favorite. I really wanted to cloth diaper with an all in one. But i cant get dh on board with it fully and i agree that the laundry is already a huge thing here no need to add to it. Sorry enviroment! My kids have always been allergic to cheap diapers even Huggies and those are not cheap. I always delt with rashes and yeast infections from the diapers. So Pampers it has been.
Thats exactly what I plan on doing to..I did it with Evan and Im doing it again. Nothing worked well at all outside of pampers when he was little. Now its Luvs but they are way cheaper and when you think about it there the same thing as pampers,there made by the same company!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 pm

I love the Pampers Swaddlers, so we will be using those until baby outgrows them. After that it will be Pampers Cruisers or Huggies. My son is 4, so I don't know if they are still called Huggies Supreme or not, but I liked those also. I hated Luvs, they always leaked. Not worth the savings, if you have to spend the money doing extra laundry instead. After reading the rave reviews of White Cloud, I'll try those after baby outgrows Swaddlers.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:16 pm

For you first timers out there, I read some comments about buying in bulk, I would caution you against how "bulk" you are talking about, you never know when they will need to move up to a size larger...my DD came home in Size 1, never used Newborn and was into Size 2's fairly quickly, but stayed in the Swaddlers 2-3 Size for quite a while...once they get older the sizes hold them longer. My DD has been in a Size 4 for what feels like AGES...but the first few sizes went by quickly.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Good point. Plus, what works for one baby may leak for another baby. It's better not to stock up until you know what will work for your baby.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Karen wrote:Good point. Plus, what works for one baby may leak for another baby. It's better not to stock up until you know what will work for your baby.
I second that...we went trough huggies,white cloud,parents choice and the target brand before we found the rite fit for Evan! Everything but pampers and Luvs leaked with him. It all depends on how much baby pees,how the leg is shaped and so on. My mom did suggest something about backwards diapers for boys...Im not to sure how well it works....
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Grayson wears his diapers and pj's backwards most of the time now! Little shit takes everything off lately!!! So backwards diapers for independent toddlers is recommended!!! lol I think he does it cause he found his penis and LOVES IT! lol!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:33 pm

LOL - Funny Story...

My neighbor's little boy is going to be 3 in May, the other night they heard some rustling coming from the monitor, they gave him a few minutes and went up to check on him. He was sound asleep. BUTT NAKED. They took pictures, it was HILARIOUS. He had thrown his PJ's and Diaper over the crib, I couldn't stop laughing at the picture. And she has been told to put them on backward, so I will have to tell her that it works for you April Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next