March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ehausted... no sleep!!

+3
EveD2009
mini*van*mama
becky123
7 posters

Go down

ehausted... no sleep!! Empty ehausted... no sleep!!

Post  becky123 Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 pm

So I am NOT sleeping. I will fall asleep around 10 then wake up at 2 in the morning and not go back to sleep. I just lie there in my bed literally wide awake, but then when its time to wake up at 7 I am so tired I want to cry. And its not even that Ryder is kicking me. Sometimes I will wake up from him moving, and last night he decided he wanted to poke at my bladder all night to the point I would wake up and have to literally RUN to the bathroom or i felt like i was going to pee the bed! UG I am so irritated I have been working 10 hour days and not sleeping. Its not a good combiniation. Yesterday I went home for lunch and just broke down and cried and cried and cried. I am just exhausted and dont know what to do! I love my little man so much but then I feel like me working so much is going to somehow hurt him. But right now I dont have a choice. it just sucks. Women should not have to work when they are pregnant I just decided!!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

ehausted... no sleep!! Empty Re: ehausted... no sleep!!

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Call your OB. I went through this last time with Dylan. I would not be able to go to sleep till like 3 am and have to get up and 6:45 and take the kids to school/sitter and then head to work. My OB told me about some safe pills to take to help me sleep. I even took them the night before we had Dylan because I knew I would not be able to sleep.

I think they are Maximum Strength Unisom SleepGels(at least that is what is still in my cabinet)

Oh here is the BBC OK MED'S LIST. They have pills on there I took along with a few more.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-over-the-counter-medications-during-pregnancy_1486462.bc
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 pm

yeah my Dr said I can take Tylenol PM (he was even going to perscribe me ambien!! hell no lol) But the problem I am having is that I take it and I will still wake up around 3 or 4 and not go back to sleep. My body is weird i swear! And when I do take it I feel like I am punishing my baby lol. I feel like what if it hurts him? I know it wont but I am really weird, maybe with him being my first I dont know??? I just think things will get better when i am not under so much stress at work (which will be when i finally quit in March)
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  EveD2009 Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:08 pm

I have been going through the same thing. Its been awful. I can't take sleeping meds, they make my skin crawl literally..has the opposite effect for me. I tried benedryl a couple weeks ago, and so regretted it. What has been working for me is I have been staying up later, even if I'm tired at 10, I make myself stay up till at least 11. I have been sleeping clear till almost 7 every night for the last couple nights doing this. It really has helped. I was waking up like clockwork at 3am every morning, letting my dog out, using the restroom, and then spending the next 2+ hours listening to both my DH and dog snore! And when the alarm would go off at 7, I'd want to bawl too! Try it a couple nights and see if it helps. Hope you get caught up soon:) Merry Christmas!
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:13 pm

thank you I will! my DH snores too, it drives me CRAZY! I will wake him up and have full conversations with him and the next day he wont even remember. It makes me so mad cause I feel like its not fair he gets to sleep when i cant lol. Seriously though, why can guys just sleep like that? He couls sleep through a 7.0 earthquake and not remember it the next day. I wake up to a car driving outside the window! GRRR
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm with Eve. I've been forcing myself to stay up until I literally can't keep my eyes open, and it's helped with my sleeping tremendously. I also have like 4 pillows that I make a nest out of so I don't wake up with stiff shoulders and hips. That has made a huge difference too. Good luck! At least we're getting close to waking up all night for a different reason... Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:15 pm

I have the same problem! I'll fall asleep just fine around 9 or so.. but then after a few hours, I spend the rest of the ENTIRE night until 5:30 when I have to get up, tossing and turning, staring at the cieling. My DR recommended a few sleeping pills (all of which are on the list Jamie posted) but they make me feel like a zombie in the morning.

People say this time is preparing us for the sleepless nights once the babies come, but I swear I'll get MORE sleep once she comes because at least then I'll be able to get comfortable without this big basketball, when Aniras does allow me to sleep!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Yeah, same thing here...with my DD I would get up, go into a different bedroom and read for hours, sometimes from 2-7am, but I just can't do that right now, I have to sleep to be awake not only for work, but also for my DD after work since I can't just come home and crash in the evenings like I did while pregnant with her. I have tried it both ways, staying up late, going to bed early, and I find that it all evens out, sometimes I am able to go to sleep around 8-9pm and I sleep great for several hours and then it hits me, but I figure I am going to bed earlier so I am still get some quality sleep.

I went into the hospital the night before they induced me with my DD, they offered me something to help me sleep I said "Nah, I will be fine" - HA, what a joke, I was awake the whole night, no thanks to my DH who was sleeping on the hospital pull out snoring his face off, I asked the nurse to wheel him into the hall, but she just laughed at me. This time if I have to go in the night before you bet your bottom dollar I will be asking for the sleep aids and taking them up on whatever they offer...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Thank you ladies! I stayed up as long as I could last night (only about 1120 lol) and i slept GREAT! thanks to all the suggestions!!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  EveD2009 Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:55 am

Yay! So glad it worked for you! I love it when I wake up 5 mins before my alarm goes off, so much better than 3 am lol. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:35 am

God if I stay up as late as possible Ill be up till 6am...dh has grave yard shift and my normal bed time is 3 or 4 am....My internal clock is sooo screwed up!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down