March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you bought a crib?

+4
lisa_m
mini*van*mama
ellemagnoliasmommy
sds1arm2
8 posters

Go down

Have you bought a crib? Empty Have you bought a crib?

Post  sds1arm2 Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:41 am

Where is everyone getting their cribs from? We are just starting to look for one. I want a convertible crib and one that has a drawer underneath. I found that so helpful with my son. It was a great place to store sheets and blankets. Give some ideas of where to look.

sds1arm2

Back to top Go down

Have you bought a crib? Empty Re: Have you bought a crib?

Post  ellemagnoliasmommy Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:06 am

We are using DD Elle's crib, that she is still in GRRR... We have made it a toddler bed, and put up her twin, but she still likes to sleep in her crib. In another month we are taking it apart completly, and it's going in the closet until Jan when we put it back together. We hope that then she won't feel like we are giving her bed to the baby. Our is a black crib from Target, and it is still going strong 3 years later, we just need to touch up a few spots with paint from when it got moved acsoss te country.
ellemagnoliasmommy
ellemagnoliasmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:48 am

We had to pitch our crib last month Sad My son broke it while "taking a nap". Then come to find out there is now a recall on it from what broke. It lasted 2 kids so I guess we got the money out of it. It was used for 4.5 years straghit with out being given a brake.

Now here is my thing. My sil has said we can have her Jenny Lind crib and changing table. It was used 2001-2003. Then 2004-2007. From what I remember it is in pretty good shape, but it is still going to be 8 years old once the baby comes. Is there a time line on cribs? Here is a picture of what type off crib it is.

Have you bought a crib? Crib
It may be a shade darker.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Dan and I bought a convertible crib that has a dresser and changing table built in. We got in on ebay for $500, including free shipping. We bought it Sunday online, and the tracking says it's out for delivery today! Yay!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Functional-White-Aspen-Wood-5-in-1-Baby-Crib-Dresser_W0QQitemZ270290466849QQcmdZViewItem

They have it in more colors, and it's only $329.95 right now. Looks like we got a little screwed, but it's not too late for you! ETA: It looks like now it has a big shipping charge, which explains the difference in price. Embarassed
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:36 pm

Lisa.. i know i have said it before but i love the crib you picked out.

We already have a crib. Its a cherry colored Basset canopy crib. Its 12yrs old but still looks brand new like the day we bought it. Its gone through 5 kids already.. I think its still in 100% condition to use again. It better be.. we paid a ton for it! Im not sure if there is alimit on the age of the crib as long as the slats are not out of standard. I think 8yrs old is good.. but what do i know? Ask me about car seats.. thats what i know! hehe
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Aw, thanks! I love it to. I really hope it gets delivered today so we can start decorating the baby's room!

I can't believe you're over halfway with your 8th pregnancy, April! Dan and I talked about having 4 kids before I got pregnant, and now I think we'll be lucky to have 2. We got a later start (I'm 28; DH is 31), but still. This is hard work! I'll just live vicariously through you instead. Very Happy
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Sure do have the crib, we ordered ours from Young America by Stanley Furniture (my FIL just retired from Stanley, so we get a great deal). We love the Built to Grow idea...our DD will likely have her "Nursery" furniture until she leaves the house and gets married, since the Crib turns into a Full Sized Bed...and we ordered the same for this LO. Both girls will have White Furniture...I hope they like White Furniture when they get older.

I would check on the slat safety standards, a lot of saftey standards have changed over the years...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheirogloss Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Try craigslist. We got a solid maple convertible crib and matching changing table for $125. No drawer underneath, but its solid and beautiful and about $500 cheaper than buying it a Babys R Us.
Cheirogloss
Cheirogloss

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate120 Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:37 pm

We're thinking of this crib from IKEA. It's very simple and fuctional, and I like IKEA's environmental policies. The crib is solid wood and there are no toxic chemical, stains, paint, etc. I've heard from others to avoid IKEA's mattreses, as they are a little flimsy. We'll get the crib at IKEA and then get a matress somewhere else.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60108663

Kate120

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down